"Thorn in my side, You know that's all you'll ever be"

- Eurythmics

some of the biggest artists/geniuses ever have Aspergers

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll: Some of the very biggest geniuses and best artists in our history, are those who have Aspergers syndrome.
Yes (Agree)
71%
 71%  [5]
No (Disagree)
28%
 28%  [2]
Total Votes : 7

Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

#21 | Posted: 03/13/2019 06:50 | Post subject: Reply with quote
raadfactoryxny wrote:
Whatcha wanna gain from this...?

Nothing, really. I work in a school, and I think the deification of artists like the two mentioned is poisonous. It creates a culture whereby victims' testimonies are readily dismissed, dehumanising them and either accusing them of attention-seeking or money-grabbing. In Tentacion's case, it feeds into the culture of young men seeing young women as objects, not humans, and therefore free to be attacked. In MJ's case, it feeds into a culture of victim shaming, whereby it's fine to demonise people who have been mistreated if it's by somebody we like. Luckily, here, we are largely populated by adults who understand this, but in general it is massively dangerous to ignore celebrities' crimes. It teaches children entirely the wrong lessons.

raadfactoryxny

Denmark

#22 | Posted: 03/13/2019 06:56 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Skinny wrote:
Nothing, really. I work in a school, and I think the deification of artists like the two mentioned is poisonous. It creates a culture whereby victims' testimonies are readily dismissed, dehumanising them and either accusing them of attention-seeking or money-grabbing. In Tentacion's case, it feeds into the culture of young men seeing young women as objects, not humans, and therefore free to be attacked. In MJ's case, it feeds into a culture of victim shaming, whereby it's fine to demonise people who have been mistreated if it's by somebody we like. Luckily, here, we are largely populated by adults who understand this, but in general it is massively dangerous to ignore celebrities' crimes. It teaches children entirely the wrong lessons.

Firstly, that comment was greater than your previous ones imo.
Secondly, your point is valid in terms of the cultural and educational aspects in general.
Thirdly, in regards to X's and Michael's case, I'd happily prefer PM'ing you about this.
Fourthly, - concerning the demonization of victims - I'm a huge R. Kelly fan (he is at #20 on my chart), and I don't doubt that he's guilty, for one second.
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

#23 | Posted: 03/13/2019 06:58 | Post subject: Reply with quote
I also work in a school with a high percentage of vulnerable children. If they have been abused, but see large swathes of society readily dismissing victims' testimonies, it makes them less likely to come forward and subsequently more likely to continue being abused.

raadfactoryxny

Denmark

#24 | Posted: 03/13/2019 07:01 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Skinny wrote:
I also work in a school with a high percentage of vulnerable children. If they have been abused, but see large swathes of society readily dismissing victims' testimonies, it makes them less likely to come forward and subsequently more likely to continue being abused.

I'll be replying to it sooner one of these days. God bless those children Smile Very Happy

Last edited by raadfactoryxny on 03/13/2019 15:32; edited 2 times in total
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

#25 | Posted: 03/13/2019 07:37 | Post subject: Reply with quote
raadfactoryxny wrote:
I'll be replying to it sooner today. God bless those children Smile Very Happy

I know this post was well intentioned, but they don't need god's blessing. They need people to stop saying that abusers are innocent.

Last edited by Skinny on 03/13/2019 17:06; edited 1 time in total
Visit poster's website View user's profile Send private message

RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?

United States

#26 | Posted: 03/13/2019 14:16 | Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the most JMan thread we've had in a very long time

2018 Chart

Electronic Chart

Stover75

United Kingdom

#27 | Posted: 03/13/2019 15:06 | Post subject: Reply with quote
I would ask Is it still right that we should listen to or stream the music of Michael Jackson, R Kelly or Ryan Adams??

Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

#28 | Posted: 03/13/2019 15:18 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Stover75 wrote:
I would ask Is it still right that we should listen to or stream the music of Michael Jackson, R Kelly or Ryan Adams??

Do what you wanna do, that's down to personal choice and tolerance levels. But publically dismissing their alleged victims is harmful.

Stover75

United Kingdom

#29 | Posted: 03/13/2019 15:40 | Post subject: Reply with quote
Skinny wrote:
Do what you wanna do, that's down to personal choice and tolerance levels. But publically dismissing their alleged victims is harmful.

I agree

BorveLaResidenta

#30 | Posted: 03/19/2019 04:57 | Post subject: Reply with quote
heeeeeeey OP, Graham Lambkin and Gh├ędalia Tazart├Ęs plays Alice, Cph. the 4th of April, you going? I might actually score you a ticket for this one, feel free to PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
   Forum Index -> Best Ever Albums -> Music

Jump to: