NBA 2019-2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 09/16/2020 09:26
  • Post subject:
While the LA battle would be interesting, I'm not too sad to see this Clippers bunch crash and burn. I had a feeling it might happen after they blew it in game 6 again - mentally they just didn't seem there, while Nuggets had nothing to lose. I don't think the Lakers will let them do the same though. So, I don't know, Lakers in 5.

I watched Heat - Celtics, and that was just beautiful. I replayed that Adebayo block for about 10 minutes straight and still couldn't believe what happened.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 09/16/2020 09:54
  • Post subject:
I'm all-in on Boston or Miami for these playoffs.

I don't see the Nuggets performing like this in a normal playoff series (see: bubble) though, so we'll see if they can capitalize on their moment.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 09/16/2020 15:53
  • Post subject:
I wanted to see the LA battle and the Lakers ass beaten as much as anyone, but fair play to the Nuggets. Thoroughly deserved. Don’t think they can do it 3 times in a row, but who knows, I was sure that they couldn’t do it this round either. Lakers don’t have Doc as the coach though lol.

I’m all in on the East too. Heat and Celtics will be a monstrous series, and they are both hard-working, very likable teams. Would love to see either of them win it all.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 09/16/2020 20:55
  • Post subject:
10 for 12 picks correct for 1st 2 rounds

Now that the Clips have fallen (in shocking fashion) here are my updated picks...

Lakers over Denver in 6
Boston over Miami in 7

Lakers over Boston in 5

My initial selection to rep the East in the finals was the Bucks so Im a lose-lose for that side. Its a coin flip for Boston/Miami. I only pick Boston because they should be a little better on paper (more depth) and they are relentless, and Hayward could return mid series and add to that, pushing them over the top with his shooting. That said, Miami has better more clear "alpha" leadership with Butler and they actually look like the better team in these playoffs. Spolstra is coaching extremely well, they know exactly who they are and are playing about as well as their talent could be expected to, while Boston has been a little bit more unreliable game to game (besides their effort being very reliable). So wont be surprised at all if Miami takes the series -- they have that look about them and theyre on a mission.

Regardless, Lakers should win it all barring significant injury.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 09/17/2020 12:06
  • Post subject:
AfterHours wrote:
My initial selection to rep the East in the finals was the Bucks so Im a lose-lose for that side. Its a coin flip for Boston/Miami. I only pick Boston because they should be a little better on paper (more depth) and they are relentless, and Hayward could return mid series and add to that, pushing them over the top with his shooting. That said, Miami has better more clear "alpha" leadership with Butler and they actually look like the better team in these playoffs. Spolstra is coaching extremely well, they know exactly who they are and are playing about as well as their talent could be expected to, while Boston has been a little bit more unreliable game to game (besides their effort being very reliable). So wont be surprised at all if Miami takes the series -- they have that look about them and theyre on a mission.

100% agree. The bubble playoffs have been crazy, but I still can't see anyone beating Lakers, now that Clippers and Bucks are gone.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 09/18/2020 15:24
  • Post subject:
:.(

Last edited by Repo on 09/24/2020 14:01; edited 2 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 09/18/2020 19:38
  • Post subject:
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 09/18/2020 20:04
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:

Just wait until game 3, Jimmy!!! You can't be that awesome every game! Razz Twisted Evil

or can he? Think Anxious
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 09/18/2020 22:46
  • Post subject:
starting to look like this is his year
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 09/18/2020 23:29
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
AfterHours wrote:

100% agree. The bubble playoffs have been crazy, but I still can't see anyone beating Lakers, now that Clippers and Bucks are gone.

Yep. Denver is more or less equal offensively but not nearly as good defensively so unless they get super hot and spread the floor too much for the Lakers defense, their chances are marginal (but I give them 2 games instead of 1 for the very reason that they have been so hot). Maybe Davis and Jokic pretty much equalize each other in impact. But in the end, Lebron will be just too much I think, both strategically in how he controls the game, figures out mismatches, maximizes the efficiency of each play, and his own offense -- who is going to guard him? Murray might stay with him in points per game but the amount of points Lebron helps generate from his high IQ decision making and passing is another level of impact. And if he ends up needing to impact the game more defensively he (amazingly) still has that in the tank.

Miami is close to their equal defensively and their competitiveness might be enough for two games but I just think they would be too overmatched (Lebron and Davis just account for and generate too much offense even with Butler and their shot blocker perhaps slowing them a little).

Boston has their depth (especially adding Hayward) but would really have to be firing on all cylinders for four wins. Kemba would probably need a monster series for them to take down the Lakers, as without Bradley they are somewhat open to attack from a quick guard (however with how Rondo has been playing and their team defense in general and the evidence from both Portland and Houston series, this may be moot). Smart might be able to pester Lebron some but even if thats the case there is no answer for Davis. Pretty much an impossible combo to stop.

Clippers had enough talent wise mainly because they have such a slew of players to pester and slow Lebron, their point of attack: George, Kawhi, Morris, Beverley (this plus better bench or 3pt shooting couldve offset the major advantage the Lakers have upfront with AD, then Howard/Javale). I think the Lakers wouldve put two ballhandlers on the floor at times (such as Lebron plus Rondo) and sooner or later overwhelmed the Clippers with their passing and open looks but it wouldve been a great series, fascinating to watch. I was really looking forward to see how Lebron and Kawhi responded in such a high stakes match up. Kawhi has never beat him as "the man" on his team in a high stakes series (even if he won Finals MVP with the Spurs against Lebron/Heat in 2014). Kawhi perhaps wouldve outscored Lebron in the series and maybe a better impact in terms of one on one defense, but Lebron's impact is overall much more than that (it is telling that it takes a whole team designed to stop him, like mid-late 2000s Pistons or late 2000s Celtics, and those were before his peak ... or after that, one with overwhelming team efficiency/firepower like 2014 Spurs, 2017-18 Warriors ... even the firepower of 2015 and 16 Warriors wasnt actually quite enough when the Cavs won in 16 and weren't far off in 15 w/o Kyrie and Love. The Clippers talent was maybe enough but they didnt have the hallmarks of those teams in terms of actual chemistry and results (defensively they had the potential to be as good as those Pistons and Celtics teams but only showed the same effort in spurts).
  • Visit poster's website