Hail Yourself

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 12/03/2019 20:24
  • Post subject: Hail Yourself
I miss BEA so I figured I'd perhaps revitalize my forum activity with a new music diary. Let's start with an drone-ambient album with some interesting album art:

Ornitheology by Chubby Wolf

I already commented on the album, so I'll just copy and paste it here:

"For how minimal and how long this two-track album is, it really does provide some peaceful, soothing, and emotionally-evoking ambient & drone. Don't let the album art distract or dissuade you because I recommend giving this one listen if you're an ambient music fan."
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/03/2019 22:33
  • Post subject:
Happy belated birthday Anti. Also might give this a listen as well.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2019 00:46
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Happy belated birthday Anti. Also might give this a listen as well.

Many thanks! Smile And I hope you enjoy it!
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2019 01:07
  • Post subject:
No problem.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 12/04/2019 01:11
  • Post subject:
I've listened to a good deal of Chubby Wolf. It verges on the static side of the ambient soundscape, but it's always well made. Shame she passed. Her husband, Will Long, makes about 5 albums a year under the name "Celer", which was something that they did together. Apparently one of his from this year was pretty good, but I didn't give it a listen yet.

Xièxie by Celer
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 12/05/2019 02:36
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I've listened to a good deal of Chubby Wolf. It verges on the static side of the ambient soundscape, but it's always well made. Shame she passed. Her husband, Will Long, makes about 5 albums a year under the name "Celer", which was something that they did together. Apparently one of his from this year was pretty good, but I didn't give it a listen yet.

Xièxie by Celer

Oh my, I had no idea she passed. That's really unfortunate Sad but I'll give this record a shot
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 12/05/2019 02:42
  • Post subject:
On a totally opposite note, I must thank the legendary Lowkey because his overall chart is FILLED with hidden gems. Here is one album I picked from it, not so much a "hidden gem" per say since it's bolded on RYM, but it isn't a super common album either:

From Here We Go Sublime by The Field

I want to listen to this record while on ecstasy in a club. It's labelled as "minimal techno," but if we are strictly going by dictionary definitions I disagree with that label because every song feels so vivid and (positively) overwhelming. This is some fast paced, trance-inducing house techno. Very repetitive but it's absolutely to its benefit. Each song feels like a dopamine rush and I feel like blasting this album at full volume with some psychedelic and vivid visuals, bright strobe lights, and a crowd of people dancing would be a perfect time.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/05/2019 16:22
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:
On a totally opposite note, I must thank the legendary Lowkey because his overall chart is FILLED with hidden gems. Here is one album I picked from it, not so much a "hidden gem" per say since it's bolded on RYM, but it isn't a super common album either:

From Here We Go Sublime by The Field

I want to listen to this record while on ecstasy in a club. It's labelled as "minimal techno," but if we are strictly going by dictionary definitions I disagree with that label because every song feels so vivid and (positively) overwhelming. This is some fast paced, trance-inducing house techno. Very repetitive but it's absolutely to its benefit. Each song feels like a dopamine rush and I feel like blasting this album at full volume with some psychedelic and vivid visuals, bright strobe lights, and a crowd of people dancing would be a perfect time.

Dude while that is an excellent album from 2007, I'd argue they hit even higher highs. I'd recommend there 2018 album Infinite Moment. That record sounds like the personification on being on drugs. Also I'm doing this since it was over a year when I recommended Campfire Headphase to you and needed to give another album. Also that Chubby Wolf album is great.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 12/05/2019 19:23
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Dude while that is an excellent album from 2007, I'd argue they hit even higher highs. I'd recommend there 2018 album Infinite Moment. That record sounds like the personification on being on drugs. Also I'm doing this since it was over a year when I recommended Campfire Headphase to you and needed to give another album. Also that Chubby Wolf album is great.

!!! This is very good to hear!! I'll check it out sometime this weekend!!
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 12/05/2019 21:42
  • Post subject:

Depths by Windy And Carl

Windy & Carl are a drone, ambient, shoegaze, dream pop, space rock (I think I got it all) duo that I want to love but I always fall short. Don't get me wrong, they have some great albums, but they don't reach that point of my enjoyment where they really stick into my memory and I either want to chart or are really close to charting. Their Dream of Blue EP comes very close to that tier and this album right here, Depths, comes very close as well. Very very pretty drone/ambient space rock, shoe gaze, dream pop, whatever you want to call it. It's very textured and soothing, making it an excellent study album that's just cozy enough for the winter.