Hail Yourself

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 01/02/2020 17:47
  • Post subject:
Hell yeah homie, that concert sounds lit af. I graduated already but in college my roommates were house DJs so I got really accustomed to Deep House and shit playing in my townhome everynight and now it's one of my favorite types of EDM. The atmosphere of an EDM concert or festival is like none other. I'm not really into Dubstep and Trap EDM but I would still love to go experience a set live because I know how crazy those events can be. Downtempo concerts are also super interesting especially more underground sets. I saw Emancipator and whoever their opening acts were my senior year in a small venue in Raleigh and it was an experience I'll never forget. Such a strange crowd and vibe.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 01/09/2020 18:23
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:

Mirror In Darkness by Serpent Column

Late addition to the Favorite Albums of 2019 list. This thing is batshit crazy. It's black metal with mathcore and it's an absolutely ferocious listen. Mirror In Darkness starts without giving you a chance to catch your breath. Its entire 44 minute duration is just relentless organized chaos that does not, and I mean does not, calm down until it's finished. Super fun listen for those looking for some seriously punishing, but unique black metal.

Just listened to this one today, I've seen it here first and then on some year end lists so though I might give it a try. And holy shit that's incredible! Listened to it three times today, and I rarely listen to the same album multiple times in a day, even if I like it. The only small complaint is that the production is a bit too clean, but it's still a top 10 of the year record. Thanks for this gem.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 01/10/2020 02:25
  • Post subject:

Narrowing Type by Good Night & Good Morning

Hey, Anti, I've listened to this several times over the last few months, and it's now on my 2010's list. I think you may enjoy it.
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2020 00:04
  • Post subject:
travelful wrote:
Hell yeah homie, that concert sounds lit af. I graduated already but in college my roommates were house DJs so I got really accustomed to Deep House and shit playing in my townhome everynight and now it's one of my favorite types of EDM. The atmosphere of an EDM concert or festival is like none other. I'm not really into Dubstep and Trap EDM but I would still love to go experience a set live because I know how crazy those events can be. Downtempo concerts are also super interesting especially more underground sets. I saw Emancipator and whoever their opening acts were my senior year in a small venue in Raleigh and it was an experience I'll never forget. Such a strange crowd and vibe.

If you get the opportunity, I bet it'd be worth going to an EDM/Dubstep concert! The visuals alone are worth most of the price of the ticket! Also I feel like downtempo concerts are super up my alley, especially since I've been really tired from med school. I'll keep an eye out for any names coming by my area.
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2020 00:06
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Anti wrote:

Mirror In Darkness by Serpent Column

Late addition to the Favorite Albums of 2019 list. This thing is batshit crazy. It's black metal with mathcore and it's an absolutely ferocious listen. Mirror In Darkness starts without giving you a chance to catch your breath. Its entire 44 minute duration is just relentless organized chaos that does not, and I mean does not, calm down until it's finished. Super fun listen for those looking for some seriously punishing, but unique black metal.

Just listened to this one today, I've seen it here first and then on some year end lists so though I might give it a try. And holy shit that's incredible! Listened to it three times today, and I rarely listen to the same album multiple times in a day, even if I like it. The only small complaint is that the production is a bit too clean, but it's still a top 10 of the year record. Thanks for this gem.

No problem, glad you liked it! Yeah it is pretty clean production despite how chaotic it is. I wonder if a more lofi touch would improve this album even more. Maybe just a bit so it doesn't make the album sound completely undiscernible, but enough to take the edge off.
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2020 00:07
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:

Narrowing Type by Good Night & Good Morning

Hey, Anti, I've listened to this several times over the last few months, and it's now on my 2010's list. I think you may enjoy it.

Yoooo I've actually heard and loved this album! But it's in dire need of a relisten so I'll definitely give it another go!
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2020 00:11
  • Post subject:

Min Tid Skal Komme by Fleurety

Another heavy entry into the diary. I saw this album described as psychedelic black metal from some list I found on RYM and I agree with their description. There is some lush psych-rock moments blended with some old-school Norwegian black metal. It is on the cleaner side of production, but I feel like it's needed because it makes the album feel more vivid. I really love how clear the bass guitar can be heard, especially on the psych-rock moments of the album. One day, when I get enough balls to try legitimate psychedelics, this will be on the list of albums to trip to.
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 01/15/2020 16:33
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:

No problem, glad you liked it! Yeah it is pretty clean production despite how chaotic it is. I wonder if a more lofi touch would improve this album even more. Maybe just a bit so it doesn't make the album sound completely undiscernible, but enough to take the edge off.
That's exactly what I was thinking. But I'm not gonna bitch about it, love the album as it is too.

2020s
90s

Last edited by LedZep on 01/16/2020 09:49; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
babyBlueSedan
Used to be sort of blind, now can sort of see

United States

• Posted: 01/16/2020 02:01
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:

Another heavy entry into the diary. I saw this album described as psychedelic black metal from some list I found on RYM and I agree with their description. There is some lush psych-rock moments blended with some old-school Norwegian black metal. It is on the cleaner side of production, but I feel like it's needed because it makes the album feel more vivid. I really love how clear the bass guitar can be heard, especially on the psych-rock moments of the album. One day, when I get enough balls to try legitimate psychedelics, this will be on the list of albums to trip to.

Thanks for this rec, this is fantastic. Folks on RYM compared it to Ved Buens Ende, but I think this is better because it plays around less with weird time signature changes and more with weird sounds. I'll definitely be listening to this again.
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 01/16/2020 22:16
  • Post subject:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Anti wrote:

Thanks for this rec, this is fantastic. Folks on RYM compared it to Ved Buens Ende, but I think this is better because it plays around less with weird time signature changes and more with weird sounds. I'll definitely be listening to this again.

You're very welcome. I browse RYM lists as a study break and I've been looking at lists this album has been on so hopefully I can provide similar recs in the future.