Poland

• Posted: 07/01/2020 10:28
  • Post subject:

Link
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 07/01/2020 22:21
  • Post subject:
^^^ Thank you for sharing the newest from Eric Church! Good stuff!

baystateoftheart wrote:
On a different note, happy birthday Holly!

Thank you! Smile Smile Smile

God bless you two and Eric always!!!

Holly

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 07/23/2020 20:27
  • Post subject:
Happy 49th birthday to the only Grammy award winning queen that there is, Alison Krauss. Smile Smile Smile

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

P.S. May this new master piece of hers be the 28th Grammy award win for her. Smile Smile Smile

Link

• Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 11/09/2020 07:33
  • Post subject:
According to this write up here, Lee Brice is the latest singer in country music to have the Covid sickness.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

• Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 11/12/2020 23:32
  • Post subject:
To me, every tribute during last night's CMA award show should’ve been done the way that the Charlie Daniels tribute was done and that is with a medley of the biggest hits. The tributes to Mac Davis and Kenny Rogers were too sad. The Joe Diffie tribute couldn’t have been any more fun. I just wish that more of his songs had been acknowledged because in my opinion, “Pickup Man” isn’t even close to being his best song.

Zac Brown Band, in my opinion, should've been the act to sing "The Devil Went Down To Georgia". They couldn't have done a more awesome job on the song during the 2009 CMA award show.

Congrats to Eric Church on his first ever Entertainer of the Year award win! What he didn't hesitate to put out there up there on that stage couldn't have been better stated.

God bless you and him and the ZBB and the families of those that we lost this year always!!!

Holly

• Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 11/13/2020 06:14
  • Post subject:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
To me, every tribute during last night's CMA award show should’ve been done the way that the Charlie Daniels tribute was done and that is with a medley of the biggest hits. The tributes to Mac Davis and Kenny Rogers were too sad. The Joe Diffie tribute couldn’t have been any more fun. I just wish that more of his songs had been acknowledged because in my opinion, “Pickup Man” isn’t even close to being his best song.

Zac Brown Band, in my opinion, should've been the act to sing "The Devil Went Down To Georgia". They couldn't have done a more awesome job on the song during the 2009 CMA award show.

Congrats to Eric Church on his first ever Entertainer of the Year award win! What he didn't hesitate to put out there up there on that stage couldn't have been better stated.

God bless you and him and the ZBB and the families of those that we lost this year always!!!

Holly

What did you think of the decision to stage the awards in front of a live, largely maskless audience during a pandemic? (Lots of other awards shows have been filmed remotely, with any guests or award winners showing up via video call or prerecorded message.) Do you think this decision might have contributed to the massive fall in at-home viewing audience, which was down 30% on last year and made for comfortably the lowest CMA viewing figures in the show's history, or - if not - could you suggest some other reasons for the relative lack of interest?
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 11/13/2020 22:05
  • Post subject:
^^^ Because it will only be different from one person's opinion to the next, I can't really say. People tune into whatever they put in front of themselves for different reasons. Why did I watch? I love country music when country music is what's in front of me. I wonder if Johnny Lee is not able to sing anymore. To me, he should’ve been up there with Old Dominion since Charley Pride was up there with a newer act in country music.

God bless you and those in country music who are still here always!!!

Holly

• Visit poster's website
PossiblyMichigan

• Posted: 11/13/2020 22:13
  • Post subject:
JOSweetHeart wrote:
^^^ Because it will only be different from one person's opinion to the next, I can't really say.

I'm down to hear your opinion!
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 11/13/2020 23:05
  • Post subject:
^^^ To me, it all comes down to a person's own choice, what they do or don't do where their own lives are concerned. In my opinion, due to the fact that sickness has always been a part of our lives thanks to what has been in the picture this whole time already, I don't understand why people have gotten so worked up over another illness being out there, unless they believe that Covid is the cherry that completes such a "cyanide sundae". If people want to stick themselves in a bubble, maybe they can't be stopped, but for them to expect everyone else to follow such a lead is where the line is crossed. I don't know how old you are, but back in 1999, plenty of people started wondering how things were going to be once the world had entered the century that we are now in to where they got prepared as best they could. Not everyone lived such a paranoid life, but that right there was a freedom that everyone else had every right to exercise and in my opinion, how things are now shouldn't be any different when the only person that a person has any real control over is themselves.

I've already pointed out how I feel about the show's song choice and who did the singing. The spacing between the people who attended, in my opinion, went to show that at least some considerateness could be shown for those who are still leery about being too close to other people. I just read that the ratings were pretty bad. I am not surprised considering how many people were not even there or even nominated, but what I don't think made things better were how the tributes were approached. Each one for those who are not here anymore should've been as positive as one can be for someone who is not longer here as if their music was being celebrated. To me, mourning and grieving for someone you love is going to happen, but in my opinion, the only way to keep them around is to make sure that what they are known for is never put away and that is their music. To me, the song for Mac Davis along with "Don't Get Hooked On Me" and "Hard To Be Humble" should've been done as a medley. Darius could've had fun on that "Hard To Be Humble" song. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Link

God bless you and Darius always!!!

Holly

• Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 11/14/2020 00:11
  • Post subject:
That is a truly amazing and heartwarming story. It explains a lot. I wish you well in all of your endeavors.

What are your thoughts on John Prine being left out of the tribute section?