Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
dihansse

Belgium

• Posted: 07/10/2020 20:01
  • Post subject:
I've got a new number one for 2020:

Dream Or Don't Dream by Kestrels
This is a Canadian band with a mixture of shoegaze in the style of Ride and flat-out nineties guitar rock in the style of Dinosaur Jr. (J Mascis is playing a blistering solo on Grey And Blue). But with all that they don't lose their sense of melody and nearly every track's a winner. Do yourself a favor and discover this great album.
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 07/11/2020 20:23
  • Post subject:

Show Me the Blueprints by Daze N' Daze
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 07/11/2020 20:34
  • Post subject:

Notre-Dame-des-Sept-Douleurs by Klô Pelgag
This is from 2 weeks ago, but it's seriously one of the best progressive pop albums of the year.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/11/2020 23:13
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:

This is from 2 weeks ago, but it's seriously one of the best progressive pop albums of the year.

It's nearly perfect. In my top 10 since I heard it.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 07/15/2020 22:05
  • Post subject:
Haven't seen too much mention about the new Sufjan Stevens tracks, but both are brilliant epics. Leagues better than that weird thing he released earlier this year.
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 07/16/2020 16:13
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:

Cracked my top 20 so far, great stuff, glad to see it getting some acknowledgment around here!

• Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 07/16/2020 16:31
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Haven't seen too much mention about the new Sufjan Stevens tracks, but both are brilliant epics. Leagues better than that weird thing he released earlier this year.

Yup loved both tracks, they remind me a lot of Age of Adz, which is my preferred Sufjan sound. Excited for the full release.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 07/17/2020 12:52
  • Post subject:

333 by Bladee

surprise dropped last night, this is the next logical step from april of this year's Exeter, a short mixtape of woozy psychedelic experimental cloud rap love songs, insofar as it takes the creative and detailed production found on there but is maybe a more Realised project and not so disjointed (this actually works in exeter's favour for me as it makes it feel more like a fever dream). this album is exec prod. by whitearmor whom i have felt slipping in quality in terms of production value, not keeping the sound fresh etc.... but i have to say i am impressed with a lot of the beats here. whitearmor seems to have taken some notes from gud et al on thaiboy digital's legendary member and of course exeter, mixing the distinct atmospheric and soft whitearmor style found in records like d&g, red light, and trash island with slightly more edgy, colourful soundscapes. there is a lot to love about the beats here and that isn't even half of what makes this album so good.

bladee's songwriting and melodies r possibly the strongest they've ever been. moving on from the colder and darker songs found earlier on in their career, we are witnessing a progressive tonal shift with each project, bladee seems to be flourishing not just as a singer and songwriter but also as a person. there is such a warm softness in a lot of these songs and u can rly feel the joy and peace radiating from their voice. 333 seamlessly mixes cloud rap, ambient pop, art pop, alternative r&b, synthpop, experimental hip hop, and pop rap sensibilities, creating a very specific sound palette with a strong cohesion running throughout, much like in exeter once again. even though the peaks are not as high as other projects and there are a few duds i would cut from this album, but all in all i am really happy with this release. we are really being spoilt by the sheer amount of content being released by the drain lot in the last 12 months and i am fully here for more of it.

if u liked yung lean's starz from this year i would fully recommend checking this out too.

Link

saltfish

• Posted: 07/18/2020 21:24
  • Post subject:

Free listening here

For fans of Evan Parker soprano solos or similarly circularly-breathed stuff. Short but dense and wild.

Free listening here

Cathartic organ and string build. I am beginning to realize I'm a Klaus Lang fanboy
ledaero

United States

• Posted: 07/21/2020 07:55
  • Post subject:

Jump Rope Gazers by The Beths

Anyone else listening to this album? I know it came out last week, but haven't heard much on it. I've been spinning it a lot, really in love with the album. The Beths' lyrics on here are so smart and clever. Surprised Pitchfork bashed it. Anyone else have thoughts on it?
  • Visit poster's website