2020 albums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 02/24/2020 20:32
  • Post subject:
Was off the grid for a bit. When I returned, there were new albums by The Heliocentrics, Califone, King Krule, Moses Sumney, Greg Dulli, Beauty Pill, Six Organs of Admittance and so many others waiting to be devoured.

Infinity Of Now by The Heliocentrics

This might be the best thing I'd heard this year. Wide ranging psychedelic jazz meets krautrock. I think it's the best record they've released. If you're unfamiliar, imagine Sun Ra Arkestra teaming up with Portishead and then take some acid.
  • Visit poster's website
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 02/26/2020 00:37
  • Post subject:

Draining Love Story by Sewerslvt

Another great electronic release. Atmospheric Drum & Bass at its finest here. If it wasn't for Nicolas Jaar setting the bar so high with 2017-2019 this would be my AOTY right now.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/26/2020 04:33
  • Post subject:

Link

Who cast this. Who is the matchmaker.

Really great take on the track. It was my fav off the album but everyone seemed to dismiss it, so this was a bit of a surprise. Would love an entire album like this.

Last edited by Hayden on 02/27/2020 17:06; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/26/2020 18:45
  • Post subject:
I'm trying to keep up with the amount of artists that've announced new albums this week, but here's a gist of what we have to look forward to:

Car Seat Headrest, Perfume Genius, Man Man, RJD2, Kelly Lee Owens, Alice Bag, Shabazz Palaces, Lianne La Havas, Throwing Muses, Magnetic Fields, Willie Nelson, The Weeknd, Lady Gaga, Richard Russell, No Age, Soccer Mommy, Paul Weller, Tamikrest, The Dream Syndicate, Yves Tumor, Drake (rumoured), Princess Nokia, and it's even looking like Archers of Loaf have recorded something.

March through May looks stacked.
  • Visit poster's website
babyBlueSedan
Used to be sort of blind, now can sort of see

United States

• Posted: 02/26/2020 23:13
  • Post subject:
Phoebe Bridgers released a new song. Happily (for me at least) it's following the sound of Stranger in the Alps and not her BOCC material. She hasn't announced an album yet, but presumably this means one is on the way.

Link

meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 02/27/2020 19:51
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I'm trying to keep up with the amount of artists that've announced new albums this week, but here's a gist of what we have to look forward to:

Car Seat Headrest, Perfume Genius, Man Man, RJD2, Kelly Lee Owens, Alice Bag, Shabazz Palaces, Lianne La Havas, Throwing Muses, Magnetic Fields, Willie Nelson, The Weeknd, Lady Gaga, Richard Russell, No Age, Soccer Mommy, Paul Weller, Tamikrest, The Dream Syndicate, Yves Tumor, Drake (rumoured), Princess Nokia, and it's even looking like Archers of Loaf have recorded something.

March through May looks stacked.

I had not heard the news about Throwing Muses yet! That rules. Really psyched for the new Perfume Genius too.
  • Visit poster's website
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 03/02/2020 20:28
  • Post subject:

Names Of North End Women by Lee Ranaldo & Refree

The ex Sonic Youth guitarist may be old news, but goddamn is this album excellent and unlike his other works.

Græ - Part 1 by Moses Sumney

Not sure how to even describe Moses Sumney's latest. It does not fit neatly into any genre. It's a unique mix of alt R&B, art pop, industrial rock, vocal jazz, etc.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/05/2020 16:22
  • Post subject:
Not going to lie, I think singles this year have been better than albums (for the first time in... well, many years in my opinion).

Perfume Genius has a great single out. Same with Jessie Ware and Ichiko Aoba. The new Bond theme is one of the best in recent memory, Billie's just got a decent track on her hands. That 100 Gecs remix is super solid, and even the Strokes have some decent tracks out. Newcomers Gupi & Fraxiom have this absolutely bizarre post-internet banger that's surprisingly good, and Rina Sawayama has two stellar songs out now from her upcoming. I even kinda like Dua Lipa's Physical. Raveena, Tyler, Gorillaz, Lil Uzi Vert, Lianne La Havas, Natalia Lafourcade, Roisin Murphy, Waxahatchee, Disclosure, Phoebe Bridgers, Four Tet, and The Avalanches all have tracks worth listening to out now too. Great few months for playlists.

Also, a can't miss hip-hop record:

Together by BadFX & SonoTWS

Not the most recognizable names, but they've whipped up a solid project here. Jamaican/London emcee and Brazilian producer. Very reminiscent of underground '99-2005. Beats are heavily influenced by Madlib and Nujabes, and by all means they nearly rival their work. Not too lengthy either and pretty easy to stream, everyone should give it a spin.

On the other side of the spectrum, giving the new Bad Bunny a spin and it's pretty insufferable. Not sure why people like this. Very Drake-esque in filler. New Princess Nokia's pretty underwhelming too.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/06/2020 07:04
  • Post subject:

Link

soon
  • Visit poster's website
rkm

• Posted: 03/06/2020 11:20
  • Post subject:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Phoebe Bridgers released a new song. Happily (for me at least) it's following the sound of Stranger in the Alps and not her BOCC material. She hasn't announced an album yet, but presumably this means one is on the way.

Link

Sounds a lot like Ethan Gruska. Wouldn’t be surprised if he played on it or co-wrote.

En Garde by Ethan Gruska
  • Visit poster's website