Chart editor suggestions.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 02/08/2021 09:25
  • Post subject:
I like that idea - almost like a feature of chart building (insert next highly rated album OR just find it). I think is what you were saying, and if so, that sounds great.

Having said all this, I do find this to be a really low urgency/priority. Like something that's WOW that'd be cool, instead of major functionality of the site.

Having said that I do think I agree with other who have said it could be one of those things that gives BEA an edge. It can be tedious making charts and a good chunk of people rate music before they chart it. I could see the audience being larger than I initially guessed. Dunno.

Alas, thanks again for all you do AM - I'm very grateful for this site.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/08/2021 09:46
  • Post subject:
RoundTheBend wrote:
I like that idea - almost like a feature of chart building (insert next highly rated album OR just find it). I think is what you were saying, and if so, that sounds great.

Having said all this, I do find this to be a really low urgency/priority. Like something that's WOW that'd be cool, instead of major functionality of the site.

Having said that I do think I agree with other who have said it could be one of those things that gives BEA an edge. It can be tedious making charts and a good chunk of people rate music before they chart it. I could see the audience being larger than I initially guessed. Dunno.

Alas, thanks again for all you do AM - I'm very grateful for this site.

Thanks, always good to hear. Obviously, it's always a trade-off choosing which features to implement. Often equally valid offshoots spring from these kinds of discussions (100 point ratings etc). Bigger features are always a bit more difficult to fit into the diary, but it doesn't mean they won't ever be implemented.
  • Visit poster's website
Jameth

United States

• Posted: 02/09/2021 04:55
  • Post subject:
AM,

The filters you put in for the pick from lists are bugged. If I select a list, the filter is in place, but as soon as I attempt to load the second page the filter is removed and all items of that type are listed. I checked on my Mac and my iPhone, and the problem exists on both devices for all year and decade charts and for all four lists. It was working fine a couple of days ago, by the way. Thanks in advance!
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/09/2021 11:07
  • Post subject:
Jameth wrote:
AM,

The filters you put in for the pick from lists are bugged. If I select a list, the filter is in place, but as soon as I attempt to load the second page the filter is removed and all items of that type are listed. I checked on my Mac and my iPhone, and the problem exists on both devices for all year and decade charts and for all four lists. It was working fine a couple of days ago, by the way. Thanks in advance!

Apologies for that. Fixed one problem behind the scenes and then introduce another Embarassed Hopefully fixed now, but please let me know if still a problem.
  • Visit poster's website
Jameth

United States

• Posted: 02/10/2021 05:42
  • Post subject:
Alright, the last problem I reported is fixed...

But, the filter is filtering out albums that should be present. For instance, I just tried to edit my chart for 1967. I've got 130 listened albums for that year, but the chart editor only shows 7 pages of items when I try to pick from listened. The list still includes (greyed-out) albums already in the chart, so there should be 13 pages. Same problem with other year and decade charts.

So, so sorry man. Sad
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/10/2021 08:12
  • Post subject:
Sorry for further problem and thanks for reporting. I'll check into and make a fix (might take a couple of days as juggling my day job).

EDIT: Now fixed
  • Visit poster's website
musicoed

Russia

• Posted: 05/11/2021 20:29
  • Post subject:
Jameth wrote:
So, essentially what you want is to rate tracks and albums in increments of 0.01 or finer, with track ratings automatically averaged to give the album rating, and tracks with no assigned rating ignored.

I had several reasons why I didn't support this topic anymore.
Today I had a reason to share the sequel through this link.
  • Visit poster's website