Please welcome Spyglass. If you don't want to, that's OK.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
PurpleHazel

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2020 06:49
  • Post subject:
Modding albums (including adding albums to the database -- I still have a virtually bottomless list of jazz albums that aren't in there) is the fastest way to get points if you're down to do the work. The most effortless way -- before you're able to add decade and yearly charts -- is, like Round the Bend said, rating. Not sure if I knew rating songs earns points.
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2020 17:28
  • Post subject:
I have a question about incorrect years. Last night I noticed that Colour Haze's self-titled is listed as a 2005 album, but the band's official webpage states the album was released in 2004 AND 2005. I tried to edit this on BEA's page but the album is locked from editing. I made a note of it, so how long before I can expect an edit? Bevause I want the album listed in my best albums of 2004 but the site currently makes that impossible.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 04/07/2020 17:33
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
I have a question about incorrect years. Last night I noticed that Colour Haze's self-titled is listed as a 2005 album, but the band's official webpage states the album was released in 2004 AND 2005. I tried to edit this on BEA's page but the album is locked from editing. I made a note of it, so how long before I can expect an edit? Bevause I want the album listed in my best albums of 2004 but the site currently makes that impossible.

Done. Maybe you've not added enough data to qualify as a data moderator yet? (Not sure how this works, to be honest, and am too lazy to check.) Couldn't find a more specific release date than 2004, but if I find one I'll update that as well. You should be able to add it to your 2004 chart now.
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2020 17:55
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Done. Maybe you've not added enough data to qualify as a data moderator yet? (Not sure how this works, to be honest, and am too lazy to check.) Couldn't find a more specific release date than 2004, but if I find one I'll update that as well. You should be able to add it to your 2004 chart now.

Thanks, bro. Btw, your chart's got some stoner metal up there, so have you checked out Colour Haze? They're not metal but All is the best stoner-anything album I've heard.
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 04/07/2020 17:56
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
Thanks, bro. Btw, your chart's got some stoner metal up there, so have you checked out Colour Haze? They're not metal but All is the best stoner-anything album I've heard.

Not heard it, but when I was searching for the release date it did seem to be described in terms that I find appealing, so will check it out later. Cheers for the heads up!
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2020 22:29
  • Post subject:
Now I've got a question about "safety features." I've noticed a couple of albums opt for a safe mode due to cover album content, but I'm not sure how to mark an album as one needing the feature. I just uploaded a picture for another Stormwarrior album and realized it has a decapitated head on the corner with some blood. How do I mark an album as explicit content if possible?
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/08/2020 01:17
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
Now I've got a question about "safety features." I've noticed a couple of albums opt for a safe mode due to cover album content, but I'm not sure how to mark an album as one needing the feature. I just uploaded a picture for another Stormwarrior album and realized it has a decapitated head on the corner with some blood. How do I mark an album as explicit content if possible?

I think what should occur is once the algorithm picks up an album cover with suggestive things on it, it should be censored. Unless I'm wrong about that.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 04/08/2020 01:27
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:

Just choose "only a comment" and write that the artwork is unsafe. The higher-level administrators will take care of the rest.

Luigii, that would be a very advanced algorithm. Pretty sure it's all manual.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 04/08/2020 01:28
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
Just choose "only a comment" and write that the artwork is unsafe. The higher-level administrators will take care of the rest.

Now that you mention it, that makes more sense.
  • Visit poster's website
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 04/09/2020 02:55
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
baystateoftheart wrote:

Now that you mention it, that makes more sense.

See and I thought it was sharks that look like Tipper Gore with lazer beams. ok that's probably only funny in my head and I shouldn't say it out loud but I'm bored.
  • Visit poster's website