Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/23/2020 21:32
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Patman360 wrote:
Not sure what kinda games, if any ye're generally into but I'd definitely be all over Mario Kart, perfect to pick up and play and multiplayer also, Super Mario Odyssey is great too, my fiancee is not a gamer whatsoever and she generally just plays Crash Bandicoot, old reliable.

Zelda and Smash Bros. are great too but maybe more for fans of those styles already, plenty of good shit out there for switch though, maybe less prevalent than other consoles but it's there.

We got Ori, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Fifa, Pikuniku, 1-2 Switch, Rayman, probs go for Zelda and Mario Odyssey and Streets of Rage next. I've deffo got a fondness for gentle platformers - Ori is great.

Pikuniku is a fun but quite short game. Are there other genres of gaming you like?
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 12/23/2020 22:53
  • Post subject:
Luigii wrote:
Skinny wrote:
Patman360 wrote:
Not sure what kinda games, if any ye're generally into but I'd definitely be all over Mario Kart, perfect to pick up and play and multiplayer also, Super Mario Odyssey is great too, my fiancee is not a gamer whatsoever and she generally just plays Crash Bandicoot, old reliable.

Zelda and Smash Bros. are great too but maybe more for fans of those styles already, plenty of good shit out there for switch though, maybe less prevalent than other consoles but it's there.

We got Ori, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Fifa, Pikuniku, 1-2 Switch, Rayman, probs go for Zelda and Mario Odyssey and Streets of Rage next. I've deffo got a fondness for gentle platformers - Ori is great.

Pikuniku is a fun but quite short game. Are there other genres of gaming you like?

Honestly, kind of just figuring out what I'm into. This is the first console of any sort I've owned since the Xbox 360, and I didn't play that much. Open to any and all suggestions.
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 12/23/2020 23:36
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Luigii wrote:
Skinny wrote:
Patman360 wrote:

Honestly, kind of just figuring out what I'm into. This is the first console of any sort I've owned since the Xbox 360, and I didn't play that much. Open to any and all suggestions.

Personally, I could recommend some old school arcade shooters. Metal Slug is a prime example. Go with 2 or 3. Also been meaning to play Ikaruga if you want a shump/bullet hell game. Also there are Rpg's. You could get the PS1 Final Fantasy's or if you want something modern and maybe a bit homey, I'd go with the original Xenoblade Chronicles. That has some key players from the Squaresoft days I think and is a pretty meaty game if that's your thing. Also for a platformer itch, get Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and the upcoming deluxe addition of Super Mario 3d World in late February. And there is more, but I will leave it there.
  • Visit poster's website
KitchenSink

• Posted: 12/24/2020 00:42
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Me and the missus bought a Switch. What games should we get?

you looking for more single player experiences or stuff to play with the missus?
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 12/24/2020 19:10
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Patman360 wrote:

Plenty of really good stuff there, more than enough to keep you going for Christmas I'd say! Big fan of Luigis Mansion and Captain Toad as platformers go, Captain Toad is certainly more on the gentler side. Switch is probably the ideal console for that, I've been gifted the Spyro remake for Christmas which is probably my favourite platformer of all time, can't wait to get stuck in (also got Doom Eternal and Death Stranding which are the other extreme completely).

• Visit poster's website
benpaco
Who's gonna watch you die?

United States

• Posted: 12/25/2020 02:54
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Luigii wrote:
Skinny wrote:
Patman360 wrote:

Downwell slaps and is a real easy to pick up hard to master cheap thing that's pretty good for car rides, single player only tho

Also had a lot of fun with Lovers in a Dangerous Space TIme at a friend's house, I don't own the game so I haven't gone deep in it but it's very cute and was a pretty good 4-player experience

. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

Things I Make
  • Visit poster's website