Album of the day (#3471): The Wall by Pink Floyd

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Gowi
Idiot Repellent


Gender: Male
Age: 31
Location: Detroit
Poland

  • #21
  • Posted: 06/22/2020 04:10
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
RoundTheBend wrote:
I feel like those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 DO NOT see it as pretentiousness, but reality.

Excuse me?
_________________
“Gowi is the most arrogant and consistent fixture of BEA’s forums.”
– Gowi

Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
RoundTheBend
These, Antithese, Synthese



Location: Ground Control
United States

  • #22
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 02:46
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Gowi wrote:
RoundTheBend wrote:
I feel like those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 DO NOT see it as pretentiousness, but reality.

Excuse me?


You are only quoting part of what I stated and you are excused Smile.

What's your point?
_________________
20th Century Classical
RYM
last.fm
Spotify Playlists
Discogs
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Gowi
Idiot Repellent


Gender: Male
Age: 31
Location: Detroit
Poland

  • #23
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 04:36
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
RoundTheBend wrote:
Gowi wrote:
RoundTheBend wrote:
I feel like those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 DO NOT see it as pretentiousness, but reality.

Excuse me?


You are only quoting part of what I stated and you are excused Smile.

What's your point?

That I'm literally one of the few [regular] members of BEA who had direct family members die in the Holocaust? Do you think the Polish flag is for show? What you just implied is wholly disingenuous AND offensive.
_________________
“Gowi is the most arrogant and consistent fixture of BEA’s forums.”
– Gowi

Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Yann



Gender: Male
Location: France
France

  • #24
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 07:40
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Gowi wrote:
RoundTheBend wrote:
Gowi wrote:
RoundTheBend wrote:
I feel like those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 DO NOT see it as pretentiousness, but reality.

Excuse me?


You are only quoting part of what I stated and you are excused Smile.

What's your point?

That I'm literally one of the few [regular] members of BEA who had direct family members die in the Holocaust? Do you think the Polish flag is for show? What you just implied is wholly disingenuous AND offensive.


You can't take it personally any time war is mentioned. The fact that RoundTheBend said "what is your point" shows that, of course, he was not referring to you.

"You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you".
Heraclitus
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Gowi
Idiot Repellent


Gender: Male
Age: 31
Location: Detroit
Poland

  • #25
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 11:41
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
I can take it personally when "I feel like those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 DO NOT see it as pretentiousness" is the implication. Fuck off.
_________________
“Gowi is the most arrogant and consistent fixture of BEA’s forums.”
– Gowi

Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Yann



Gender: Male
Location: France
France

  • #26
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 12:17
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Manipulated victimization is spreading all over the world these days and it's making old things resurface. Let it burst!
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?


Gender: Male
Age: 29
Location: Maryland
United States
Moderator

  • #27
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 12:32
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Yann wrote:
Manipulated victimization is spreading all over the world these days and it's making old things resurface. Let it burst!


I wouldn't call it that. The math is pretty simple - it was said that those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 don't see The Wall as pretentiousness, but reality. Gowi sees The Wall as pretentiousness. Gowi has real family ties to WW2. Therefore the implication is that his opinion is not legitimate.

So, it's easy to see why that would offend him.
_________________
2020 Chart

New and improved 2010s chart

Electronic Chart
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Yann



Gender: Male
Location: France
France

  • #28
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 12:56
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
I wouldn't call it that. The math is pretty simple - it was said that those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 don't see The Wall as pretentiousness, but reality. Gowi sees The Wall as pretentiousness. Gowi has real family ties to WW2. Therefore the implication is that his opinion is not legitimate.

So, it's easy to see why that would offend him.


I don't read that at all.
Gowi finds the album pretentious in an early post of this thread. Fine.
Then, later on, Roundthebend says the sentence you mentioned. No apparent link, really.

But even it there was, I don't follow your reasoning. The implication you mention is not clear at all.
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
RockyRaccoon
Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me?


Gender: Male
Age: 29
Location: Maryland
United States
Moderator

  • #29
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 13:10
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
Yann wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
I wouldn't call it that. The math is pretty simple - it was said that those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 don't see The Wall as pretentiousness, but reality. Gowi sees The Wall as pretentiousness. Gowi has real family ties to WW2. Therefore the implication is that his opinion is not legitimate.

So, it's easy to see why that would offend him.


I don't read that at all.
Gowi finds the album pretentious in an early post of this thread. Fine.
Then, later on, Roundthebend says the sentence you mentioned. No apparent link, really.

But even it there was, I don't follow your reasoning. The implication you mention is not clear at all.


I'm not sure if you're oblivious or being intentionally obtuse. What Seth said was not directly linked to Gowi's opinion, I believe it was unintentional (how could Seth know Gowi's family WW2 connections?).

Either way, whether you see it or not, that's the inference Gowi made. It may not be the one you made, but that's not particularly relevant
_________________
2020 Chart

New and improved 2010s chart

Electronic Chart
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Yann



Gender: Male
Location: France
France

  • #30
  • Posted: 06/23/2020 13:49
  • Post subject:
  • Reply with quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Yann wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
I wouldn't call it that. The math is pretty simple - it was said that those who have ties to family who lived through WW2 don't see The Wall as pretentiousness, but reality. Gowi sees The Wall as pretentiousness. Gowi has real family ties to WW2. Therefore the implication is that his opinion is not legitimate.

So, it's easy to see why that would offend him.


I don't read that at all.
Gowi finds the album pretentious in an early post of this thread. Fine.
Then, later on, Roundthebend says the sentence you mentioned. No apparent link, really.

But even it there was, I don't follow your reasoning. The implication you mention is not clear at all.


I'm not sure if you're oblivious or being intentionally obtuse. What Seth said was not directly linked to Gowi's opinion, I believe it was unintentional (how could Seth know Gowi's family WW2 connections?).

Either way, whether you see it or not, that's the inference Gowi made. It may not be the one you made, but that's not particularly relevant


Yes, of course it's Gowi who made the inference, but with no objective reason whatsoever! But strangely, you seem to find one... It won't help Gowi!
Back to top
  • Visit poster's website
  • View user's profile
  • Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Album of the day (#387): The Wall by ... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#880): The Wall by ... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#2320): The Wall by... albummaster Music
Album of the day (#1240): The Wall by... albummaster Music
Background movie extracts in Pink Flo... Yann Music

 
Back to Top