• Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 06/30/2020 21:43
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
The new D&W is really good, BTW.

I guess I'll check it out tomorrow. Today, I've got that Grave Digger album I've been putting off and hopefully Annihilator if I have enough time.

By the way, I got through the first two Cage albums. The first one was decent but Astrology was pretty fuckin' BADASS. It's not a very original album but it fucking shreds. Thanks for the rec. I got through the debut of Helion Prime before, but I got through the second one and I think you'll like it. It shreds pretty well too.

ANd one more thing, what is your number one power metal album if you've got a number one?
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 07/01/2020 10:03
  • Post subject:
Quote:
The first one was decent but Astrology was pretty fuckin' BADASS.

Their third album is even better. Cool

Quote:
I got through the debut of Helion Prime before, but I got through the second one and I think you'll like it. It shreds pretty well too.

Sozos Michael was an alright vocalist, but I prefer Heather Michele a lot. Feels like at this point that Helion Prime is playing musical chairs with vocalists from record to record.

Quote:
ANd one more thing, what is your number one power metal album if you've got a number one?

Probably The Shadow Cabinet by Wuthering Heights, but I go back and forth between it and Nightfall.
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 07/01/2020 13:18
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Quote:
I got through the debut of Helion Prime before, but I got through the second one and I think you'll like it. It shreds pretty well too.

Sozos Michael was an alright vocalist, but I prefer Heather Michele a lot. Feels like at this point that Helion Prime is playing musical chairs with vocalists from record to record.

Well they only have two album for now, so the line-up might not be "official" just yet.

Gowi wrote:
Quote:

Probably The Shadow Cabinet by Wuthering Heights, but I go back and forth between it and Nightfall.

I'm more of a Shadow Cabinet man. Nightfall only had one flaw: too much in-between dialogue.

Last edited by Spyglass on 07/01/2020 13:21; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 07/01/2020 13:20
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Well they only have two album for now, so the line-up might not be "official" just yet.

They've already replaced Sozos, lol. If they do another album and fire their vocalist and go with a new one it'd be one vocalist per album lol.
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 07/01/2020 14:28
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Quote:

They've already replaced Sozos, lol. If they do another album and fire their vocalist and go with a new one it'd be one vocalist per album lol.

That reminds me of another band with several vocalists, but I can't remember who it was.
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 07/02/2020 20:34
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Statement from Stefan Weinerhall: As the new album From A Dying Ember is released on the 26th of June Falconer will cease to exist after 20 years. The reason is nothing drastic or sudden but it has grown during the last years. It is just time to move on after all this time to do something different, whatever that might be.

"I (Stefan) felt before this album that although I love Falconer´s music I knew just too well how to make it and what my own expectations and boundaries are when it comes to writing songs for Falconer. It felt maybe a bit too safe and familiar. We decided to make this final album as good as we possibly could and really concentrate on having all Falconer elements present and really make sure that each element got full devotion.

"For example, the ballad should be as "ballady" as ever, and the folk song should sound as folky as possible etc. The sole decision to make this the final album actually sparked a new found enthusiasm and engagement for me as a song writer, it was like the final sprint for a long distance runner.

"The last thing we wanted was to release a "so-so" final album, but really make it good enough so we could end the band with our heads held high, thus we let it take it's time. If we succeeded we'll leave to the fans to decide, but we as a band feel really proud of this achievement and hope that most fans will consider this to be a respectable "Adieu".

"So, what will happen for the members now? Well there is no real plans for that, we'll just see what the future brings when it comes to music.

"With this said we would like to thank all our fans and everyone that we have worked with or met during the years and wish you all the best in the future. With the Falconer dead and his falcons soaring the sky we bid you all a final farewell!"

Sad

At least they went out with a strong, maybe their best album...

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 07/02/2020 20:44
  • Post subject:
I wouldn't say it's their best. That might be Black Moon Rising. But I am glad that they've put out more great albums than anything.
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 07/02/2020 20:48
  • Post subject:
Spyglass wrote:
I wouldn't say it's their best. That might be Black Moon Rising. But I am glad that they've put out more great albums than anything.

I think so, too, but maybe them ending it here has made me less critical towards it than I would have had I didn't know they were hanging it up.
  • Visit poster's website
Spyglass
Resident Metalhead

United States

• Posted: 07/02/2020 21:17
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
I think so, too, but maybe them ending it here has made me less critical towards it than I would have had I didn't know they were hanging it up.

I sometimes get that way when a band releases their first album after ten or more years.