Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein closing track problem

View previous topic :: View next topic
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 07/06/2020 21:30
  • Post subject: Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein closing track problem

The Cold Vein by Cannibal Ox

Closing track on The Cold Vein is Scream Phoenix, a track which is not listed in the tracklist of the original release. It's also not listed on BEA. However the track is actually there on the album. So shouldn't it be listed as a track on album page, maybe with a note "unlisted track" or something? Or just normally added to the tracklist? Usually I'd just add it, but this album has already been in the database for 12 years and I find it a bit weird that nobody has already mentioned this problem, so maybe there's a reason for not changing it?

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
shigfrag

United States

• Posted: 07/07/2020 03:14
  • Post subject:
It's quite possible that it's never been noticed, or that no one really cared. Even if I had noticed, I probably would have just zipped past it, because I'm so confused about how to properly fix things and add things. I've spent a good couple hours trying to get some albums I'd lkike to use on here. Some end up added but I don't get points, or they ask for more info that I can't add. Hmmm, maybe I'll start a thread about that right now. Gonna listen to Vordul's album while I do it. (I still haven't heard either of their solo albums)
  • Visit poster's website
shigfrag

United States

• Posted: 07/07/2020 03:17
  • Post subject:
Oh, and it looks like there is an answer as to what to do with errors like this here: https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/v...php?t=1686
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/07/2020 07:44
  • Post subject: Re: Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein closing track problem
LedZep wrote:

The Cold Vein by Cannibal Ox

Closing track on The Cold Vein is Scream Phoenix, a track which is not listed in the tracklist of the original release. It's also not listed on BEA. However the track is actually there on the album. So shouldn't it be listed as a track on album page, maybe with a note "unlisted track" or something? Or just normally added to the tracklist? Usually I'd just add it, but this album has already been in the database for 12 years and I find it a bit weird that nobody has already mentioned this problem, so maybe there's a reason for not changing it?

If a track isn't listed on the artwork/label, but otherwise appears on the original version of the album, it can/should be listed on BEA suffixed with [Hidden Track]. (The help page needs to be updated to include this, but this is already done by convention).
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 07/07/2020 07:47
  • Post subject:
shigfrag wrote:
It's quite possible that it's never been noticed, or that no one really cared. Even if I had noticed, I probably would have just zipped past it, because I'm so confused about how to properly fix things and add things. I've spent a good couple hours trying to get some albums I'd lkike to use on here. Some end up added but I don't get points, or they ask for more info that I can't add. Hmmm, maybe I'll start a thread about that right now. Gonna listen to Vordul's album while I do it. (I still haven't heard either of their solo albums)

You can access the admin page for any album/artist by clicking on the icon at the top of each album/artist page. You can gain points by adding/editing the info from these pages.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 07/08/2020 21:47
  • Post subject:
Thanks for the reply, will add it with "[Hidden Track]" tag

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website