Basketball Megathread (Current Topic: 2023-24 Season)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 11/16/2020 18:49
  • Post subject:
Here are some Woj-Bombs and Shammy stuff that we've heard and are in the process of being confirmed or are confirmed:

- Chris Paul to the OKC Thunder for icky Rubio, Kelly Oubre, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a package of first round picks.
- Kyrie does not want to play with James Harden and is blocking trade considerations.
- KCP and AD decline their player option.
- Knicks offering a package of the 8th pick and Mitchell Robinson to the Magic for Nikola Vucevic.
- Bruce Brown leaving Detroit for Musa on the Nets.
- Batum and Fournier cashing in on their player option.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 11/16/2020 19:04
  • Post subject:
I’m a Suns fan this season

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/16/2020 19:19
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
I’m a Suns fan this season

• Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 11/17/2020 10:50
  • Post subject:
Bucks going all in. Acquired Jrue and Bogdan Bogdanović (and Justin James) for pretty much everything they have lol. Bledsoe, Hill and 3 first rounders (3!), 2 swaps for the Pels and DiVincenzo, Ilyasova and DJ Wilson going to the Kings.

I’ve been a minor Bucks supporter in the last few years, mainly because I really like Giannis as a person. I’m really sad to see Donte go, but this will be interesting to watch. One of the most nail-biting seasons in recent history if you’re a Bucks fan.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/17/2020 17:39
  • Post subject:
Sad for the Bucks to lose a great defensive veteran like George Hill, but seems to be worth it for them.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 11/17/2020 20:51
  • Post subject:
Hard to see how Bucks are not favourites by adding Bogdan and Jrue, but I guess they need some depth at this point.

I have no idea how a Harden/Kyrie/Durant trio would look like in practice, but I kind of want to see it.
  • Visit poster's website
BARDAMU

• Posted: 11/17/2020 21:00
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Bucks going all in. Acquired Jrue and Bogdan Bogdanović (and Justin James) for pretty much everything they have lol. Bledsoe, Hill and 3 first rounders (3!), 2 swaps for the Pels and DiVincenzo, Ilyasova and DJ Wilson going to the Kings.

I’ve been a minor Bucks supporter in the last few years, mainly because I really like Giannis as a person. I’m really sad to see Donte go, but this will be interesting to watch. One of the most nail-biting seasons in recent history if you’re a Bucks fan.

Love the Bucks but love the Raptors more -- hoping this new arrangement fails and Toronto can acquire Giannis in 2021.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/17/2020 22:55
  • Post subject:
I don't think Giannis will leave MIL. He buried his dad there.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 11/18/2020 08:47
  • Post subject:
BARDAMU wrote:
Love the Bucks but love the Raptors more -- hoping this new arrangement fails and Toronto can acquire Giannis in 2021.

Me too. I’d love to see Giannis win a chip in Toronto, but I’d also love to see Giannis be a one team player, or at least do something like Tony Parker.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/18/2020 21:09
  • Post subject:
https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumors-ke...broussard/
Quote:
Kevin Durant wants James Harden Nets trade but Kyrie Irving doesn’t, per Chris Broussard

James Harden and Kevin Durant want to team up on the Brooklyn Nets, but Kyrie Irving may not be interested in having The Beard in town.

According to Chris Broussard on FS1’s “The Herd,” that’s what people around the NBA are saying.

If the Nets acquire James Harden, Kyrie Irving would be the third option on offense behind the 2018 MVP and Kevin Durant. Uncle Drew has never been the third-best player on a team, so that would be a huge adjustment for him to make.

There’s also the fact that Harden’s old coach, Mike D’Antoni, is on the Nets staff as Steve Nash’s assistant. D’Antoni has called Harden the most dominant offensive player in NBA history, meaning Harden is probably going to have the ball in his hands a lot more than Irving should the Rockets and Nets agree to a trade.

Durant is such a gifted shooter that he can play off the ball a lot. While Irving is a good shooter as well, he does most of his damage with the ball in his hands. With that being said, you can understand why Irving is hesitant about the Nets trading for Harden, who has led the NBA in scoring the last three seasons.

Brooklyn is going to contend for the title next season whether the franchise acquires Harden or not since Durant and Irving are two superstars who have won titles. Kyrie and Harden are friends off the court, but Irving may not enjoy playing with Harden, who is as ball-dominant as they come in the NBA.

If this is to be believed with the vocal agreement to send Harden to Brooklyn, we are in for a very messy season. I love the Brooklyn trainwreck.
  • Visit poster's website