Basketball Megathread (Current Topic: 2023-24 Season)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
BARDAMU

• Posted: 06/06/2021 22:11
  • Post subject:
Sad to see the Clippers beating the Mavs. Was hoping to see both LA teams eliminated first round, but Luka Magic was just not there tonight.

Fuck LA.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 06/07/2021 11:39
  • Post subject:
I'm really glad they beat them, not that I'm a Clippers fan but the hate they get is ridiculous and unjustified. The meltdown of NBA Twitter and Reddit is fun to watch. I could watch Kawhi and Luka battle for another 7 games, no problem. Ridiculous players.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 06/07/2021 12:30
  • Post subject:
Yeah I hate it myself. It was always gonna happen, because Mavs role players are too streaky offensively, and their second star isn't really good enough to be a second star. I said before the season they'll need a healthy KP to go far, and I'm not sure if what we saw was Porzingis not really gelling with the team because of his previous injury, or healthy Porzingis just not being good enough. I don't think you can reasonably expect Luka to play much better than that, sure there are stretches when he gets cold, and he still can't hit his free throws, but even then they can't really afford to sit him, if others can't hit anything either, and Luka's still the only one who can run an offense reliably. Then it's a disaster like it was in the third yesterday.

Anyway hey maybe Luka now gets to play for the national team. But I don't know how that will work, the other teams can just triple him and nobody on the team will be able to do anything.

Forgot to do second round predictions (first round was a mixed bag, got a few completely right, and was way off on some - I really thought that Bucks - Heat will be the tightest matchup of all). But let's say - Bucks lose to Nets even if they're without Harden (but it could go at least to 6 games), Sixers will bounce back and beat Hawks (in 6), both west matchups should be fun, but I say Clippers in 7 and Suns in 7.
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 06/08/2021 22:23
  • Post subject:
Yikes, pretty embarrassing loss for the Bucks. To lose by almost 40 while the Nets are without Harden doesn't bode well for them (or anyone else) to say the least. "It's not over until it's over", but the chance that the Bucks can now go win 4 out of 5, especially over these Nets, is very very low.

For them to start coming back in this series Giannis needs to go nuclear offensively (35-40+) and defensively (on Durant and in disrupting other guys), and Middleton needs to match/exceed Kyrie's scoring while Holiday needs to slow Irving down (and/or Harden if he comes back this series).
  • Visit poster's website
AfterHours

• Posted: 06/14/2021 20:48
  • Post subject:
AfterHours wrote:
Yikes, pretty embarrassing loss for the Bucks. To lose by almost 40 while the Nets are without Harden doesn't bode well for them (or anyone else) to say the least. "It's not over until it's over", but the chance that the Bucks can now go win 4 out of 5, especially over these Nets, is very very low.

For them to start coming back in this series Giannis needs to go nuclear offensively (35-40+) and defensively (on Durant and in disrupting other guys), and Middleton needs to match/exceed Kyrie's scoring while Holiday needs to slow Irving down (and/or Harden if he comes back this series).

Well, damn, I prefer things to happen with the health of both teams intact but kudos to the Bucks for taking advantage of their luck. Their defense, especially game 3, but also on Durant in both games (shout out to Tucker!), has been phenomenal. They're definitely back in this series. I think Irving and possibly Harden will return in game 6 so it would behoove them to make the best of their fortune by winning game 5 to still have a solid shot at splitting 6 or 7 to win the series. A major factor in their favor if they win game 5 is that a tremendous amount of pressure will be applied on the Nets, who are a pretty overwhelming favorite for the title when healthy. And this would be their first real hurdle as a team with the season on the line and we may see them implode, or at least enough for the Bucks to actually pull this off.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 06/15/2021 12:46
  • Post subject:
It's really sad having both Irving and Harden out for the game 5. I want the Bucks to win as much as anyone, but injuries just suck. I don't think the Bucks can win when 2 of the big 3 are fit, Bud is just not a good enough coach for tough series (even though game 4 and 5 adjustments were mostly positive). Durant and Irving can get a midrange or a pull up 3 in PnR against Lopez whenever they feel like it, and I don't expect them to struggle with half-contested shots like these. Game 5 might be a make or break for Bucks, if they can get a 3-2 lead anything can happen even if Irving or Harden play the next games.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 06/16/2021 21:08
  • Post subject:
Well unless Paul George switches places with peak Indiana Pacers PG the Clippers are done.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 06/16/2021 22:23
  • Post subject:
Oh man this sucks so much. Kawhi was my favourite player to watch these playoffs. Hope it's not ACL after all, we need him next season.

Edit: confirmed it is ACL

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 06/16/2021 23:07
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Oh man this sucks so much. Kawhi was my favourite player to watch these playoffs. Hope it's not ACL after all, we need him next season.

Edit: confirmed it is ACL

• Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 06/17/2021 23:56
  • Post subject:
The deeper we are in the playoffs, the less of an idea I have about who's going to win. Such a bizarre season. Phoenix kind of... look the best? If Paul can play in the WCF lol.

Also, Dallas imploded after losing. Not sure what to make of that.
  • Visit poster's website