Basketball Megathread (Current Topic: 2023-24 Season)

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 11/14/2020 02:54
  • Post subject: Basketball Megathread (Current Topic: 2023-24 Season)

I guess since NBA season begins in a month, the draft soon, and the offseason shortly thereafter it is a good time to prepare for some [un]healthy ball discussion.

Also, I think going forward instead of making a thread for every season let's just confine it to one singular thread. But yeah.

Last edited by mickilennial on 12/29/2023 10:10; edited 7 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
BARDAMU

• Posted: 11/14/2020 21:27
  • Post subject:
What do people think about the rumours that Harden is going to the Sixers with Morey in exchange for Ben Simmons?
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/14/2020 21:43
  • Post subject:
BARDAMU wrote:
What do people think about the rumours that Harden is going to the Sixers with Morey in exchange for Ben Simmons?
Personally, I'm not in the camp that Simmons/Embid need their own teams, but I can see the argument. I feel like it is more likely that Westbrook is going to be sold off somewhere than Harden leaving, though he will adapt if Houston goes full-in on a complete rebuild. I think Harden and Embid would work quite well as a duo, at any rate. I'd feel bad for Simmons since he'd be stuck in a bad situation for a bit.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 11/14/2020 22:45
  • Post subject:
From what I’ve heard Westbrook wants out, so it’s more likely that he’ll be traded for some complimentary pieces. It then depends if Harden wants to stay. He probably will if Rockets do well in the trade/FA department, and if he doesn’t like the look of 20/21 Rockets, well then it’s anybody’s guess. I think that despite his (numerous) annoying traits, Harden is still very much a loyal player, and he won’t force a trade unless he’s really upset. That being said, what the Rockets have done so far since crashing from the playoffs has upset me, and I’m not a Rockets fan by any stretch of imagination. It’s fair to assume that Harden isn’t too happy either.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/14/2020 22:55
  • Post subject:
ISHAAN BHATTACHARYA wrote:
“What I can say is right now the Rockets are 100 percent committed to trying to cash in on James Harden. They consider him the best player in the league, which you know… He’s without question a perennial MVP candidate. That’s just a simple fact. They’re going to try to win a championship as long as he’s at that level and as long as he’s onboard.”
Beyond this, I remember hearing that Harden specifically said he's on-board with the Rockets with whatever moves they do; that he'd like to stay and help with the rebuild, but if he got traded it is what it is. Can't verify where I heard this, though.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/15/2020 16:58
  • Post subject:
Shams Charania wrote:
The Lakers are engaged in active talks on a deal to acquire Oklahoma City’s Dennis Schröder, which would send No. 28 pick in Draft to the Thunder, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA

THE ATHLETIC wrote:
BREAKING: The Lakers have traded the 28th overall pick to OKC for guard Dennis Schroder, per The Athletic.

Adrian Wojnarowski wrote:
The Los Angeles Lakers are in advanced talks with Oklahoma City on a trade for guard Dennis Schroder, sources tell ESPN. Deal expected to include OKC acquiring LA’s pick at No. 28 in Wednesday’s draft. Deal can be completed at noon ET on Monday.

• Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 11/15/2020 17:11
  • Post subject:
Do you think this is a good move on OKC's part? Schroeder is a very solid role player, and could easily be a starter with the Lakers. He was 17th pick back in 2013, for reference, and he's 27 now which is prime years. Great deal for the Lakers, they're going for the double and he is a fantastic addition.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/15/2020 17:15
  • Post subject:
I'm not sure. Dennis has said he doesn't want to go to LAC or LAL, so this brings questions.

I think he's a better fit in Oklahoma, but it is what it is. I will say Dennis has been improving and I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet. He's a great three-level-scorer with great handles and field awareness. Almost like a younger D-Rose. I wonder what this means for Rondo coming back or if Dennis is an trade asset or a player they want long-term. Think
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 11/15/2020 18:25
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
I'm not sure. Dennis has said he doesn't want to go to LAC or LAL, so this brings questions.

I think he's a better fit in Oklahoma, but it is what it is. I will say Dennis has been improving and I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet. He's a great three-level-scorer with great handles and field awareness. Almost like a younger D-Rose. I wonder what this means for Rondo coming back or if Dennis is an trade asset or a player they want long-term. Think

Infinitely better. But that being said, I thought this year's Lakers were a bunch of barely compatible players, and we know how that ended. Offense was whatever Lebron, Davis and Rondo managed to create, and they were playing hard on the defensive end to make up for it. Schroeder could be just another different offensive option, even if Rondo signs a new contract.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial

Poland

• Posted: 11/16/2020 04:19
  • Post subject:
Yeah, it's certainly interesting.

Meanwhile, also in LA:
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers superstar Anthony Davis is officially declining his $28.7 million player option to become an unrestricted free agent.

AD is gonna be real disappointed about what he is getting during a financially down season.
  • Visit poster's website