Basketball Megathread (Current Topic: 2023-24 Season)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 04/15/2021 15:40
  • Post subject:
LMA is retiring after experiencing heart problems again. This sucks, I really wanted him to win the ring. One of the coolest dudes in the NBA the past 6-7 years...

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
kokkinos

• Posted: 04/15/2021 17:29
  • Post subject:
BARDAMU wrote:
I hate Kawhi Leonard. I will curse him name until the day I die for leaving. Like the guy in Memento I will tattoo "KAWHI LEONARD RUINED YOUR TEAM" across my chest so I never forget in case I get amnesia.

How so? His shot againist the 76ers in Game 7 is a strong candidate for most painful sport moment ever and still no hard feelings. Few players seem so likeable - and almost none with his skills.
Unless this is some joke I don't get, so excuse my ignorance.

LedZep wrote:
LMA is retiring after experiencing heart problems again. This sucks, I really wanted him to win the ring. One of the coolest dudes in the NBA the past 6-7 years...

This stinks indeed, it seems the Blazers curse continues even after leaving the team.
[Drivelling mode on] I get that picking Sam Bowie ahead of Michael Jordan was a sinful act, but absolution should be long overdue at this point, it's already been a decade since Brandon Roy and Greg Oden. [/Drivelling mode off]
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 04/15/2021 19:45
  • Post subject:
BARDAMU wrote:
I hate Kawhi Leonard. I will curse him name until the day I die for leaving. Like the guy in Memento I will tattoo "KAWHI LEONARD RUINED YOUR TEAM" across my chest so I never forget in case I get amnesia.

dude who's watched sports for 45 seconds complains that his team is cursed (and hates the guy that got you the title) less than two years after winning a championship. you dont know true pain
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 04/16/2021 18:14
  • Post subject:
Lmao I think some fans would give one of their fingers for a one year rental of a player like that if it got them a title.

Re: current happenings in the league. RIP to Nuggets title hopes, just when they started playing like I expected them to (well, presumably, I'm not watching too many full games lately). A huge shame for Lamarcus. He's also probably the only one that I kind of liked on that Nets team.
Hawks seemingly really turning it around under Nate? I'm so happy seeing Bogdan play well after struggling (and being injured) for so long.

Oh, there's still a chance I'll get all 8 playoff teams from the west right, which is pretty great. The east is a bit more chaotic. Charlotte in particular I didn't expect to be so good. Of those that I've seen at least a few games from, Miami are so weird. Very up and down, but I think they're capable of upsetting almost anybody in the playoffs.

The title still between Lakers and Nets, if they're all healthy. They should be well rested by the playoffs.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 04/19/2021 19:44
  • Post subject:
19loveless91 wrote:
Lmao I think some fans would give one of their fingers for a one year rental of a player like that if it got them a title.

Re: current happenings in the league. RIP to Nuggets title hopes, just when they started playing like I expected them to (well, presumably, I'm not watching too many full games lately). A huge shame for Lamarcus. He's also probably the only one that I kind of liked on that Nets team.
Hawks seemingly really turning it around under Nate? I'm so happy seeing Bogdan play well after struggling (and being injured) for so long.

Oh, there's still a chance I'll get all 8 playoff teams from the west right, which is pretty great. The east is a bit more chaotic. Charlotte in particular I didn't expect to be so good. Of those that I've seen at least a few games from, Miami are so weird. Very up and down, but I think they're capable of upsetting almost anybody in the playoffs.

The title still between Lakers and Nets, if they're all healthy. They should be well rested by the playoffs.

The Nuggets have had zero title hopes since coming to the NBA in 1976...hell, since being founded in the ABA in 1967. Counting the ABA years, the Nuggets have been longer with zero championships than even the Clippers. Neither team has been to the NBA finals ever. So the wheels falling off for Denver fans is a normal, every year occurance.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
BARDAMU

• Posted: 04/30/2021 19:24
  • Post subject:
kokkinos wrote:
How so? His shot againist the 76ers in Game 7 is a strong candidate for most painful sport moment ever and still no hard feelings. Few players seem so likeable - and almost none with his skills.
Unless this is some joke I don't get, so excuse my ignorance.

I value loyalty. Kawhi leaving soured the win for me -- tbh I rather we never won. At least DeRozan loved this city. What pride can I possibly have for a guy who never even cared about Toronto and got out as fast as he could so he could play with Pathetic P? I mean, I fell on the floor like everyone else game 7 against the Sixers, that felt amazing, and I teared up when we won, but sports has to be about more than just winning, doesn't it?

I mean, I could go see a sex worker and she's probably skilled enough that she could have much better sex with me than my own girlfriend, could maybe pull off some crazy tantric multi-orgasm shit, could be the best orgasm of my life -- but I still rather have sex with my own girlfriend, at least I know she cares about me.
  • Visit poster's website
kokkinos

• Posted: 05/01/2021 09:37
  • Post subject:
BARDAMU wrote:
I value loyalty. Kawhi leaving soured the win for me -- tbh I rather we never won. At least DeRozan loved this city. What pride can I possibly have for a guy who never even cared about Toronto and got out as fast as he could so he could play with Pathetic P? I mean, I fell on the floor like everyone else game 7 against the Sixers, that felt amazing, and I teared up when we won, but sports has to be about more than just winning, doesn't it?

I mean, I could go see a sex worker and she's probably skilled enough that she could have much better sex with me than my own girlfriend, could maybe pull off some crazy tantric multi-orgasm shit, could be the best orgasm of my life -- but I still rather have sex with my own girlfriend, at least I know she cares about me.

Well, this analogy cleared everything up, now I get it.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 05/02/2021 18:49
  • Post subject:
BARDAMU wrote:

So you dislike every NBA superstar in the last 2 decades except for like Timmy and Kobe? Every one of them has changed teams and every single fan of those teams could use the same terrible analogy.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 05/02/2021 18:57
  • Post subject:
Valuing a worker's loyalty to a boss and not supporting them in switching jobs to pursue better working/living conditions and/or salary isn't very leftist of you... Wink

(Yes, professional athletes are very highly-compensated, but they are still exploited by team owners who siphon off much of the value of their labor.)
BARDAMU

• Posted: 05/02/2021 19:26
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
BARDAMU wrote:

So you dislike every NBA superstar in the last 2 decades except for like Timmy and Kobe? Every one of them has changed teams and every single fan of those teams could use the same terrible analogy.

I honestly wouldn't feel this way if he'd just stayed for at least one more season. It just hurts is all, I dunno, I'm still nursing it.
  • Visit poster's website