Mp3 player advice?

View previous topic :: View next topic
EveryCheapHood

• Posted: 11/14/2011 22:39
  • Post subject: Mp3 player advice?
So I've maxed out my 30GB iPod with my entire music collection. I recently bought an iPhone so I'd really love not to have to drop another $250 on a 160GB iPod Classic. However, I really do want to move my entire collection portably. For instance at work I plug in my iPod and listen locally, but I can't download Spotify there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? An Mp3 player that is greater than 30GB? Buying a used 60GB old iPod?

Also, I was told iTunes Match is made for this problem specifically, where iTunes will read your collection for $24.99 a year and allow you to listen to everything you have on the Cloud. Principle tells me not to pay Apple again for music I've already bought on CD, though.

So... is the solution right under my nose? What do I do? I figured the BestEverAlbums crowd might feature a few people who have similar space problems due to huge record collections.

Cheers!
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 11/14/2011 23:13
  • Post subject:
Dude.

I have a computer library of around 7,500 songs....and an 8gb iPod (which i really 6.5 d'oh! ), and I hate doing it, but I just put my library in a random selection of 6.5gb, and sync it. I update/ randomize it about ever 3-5 weeks.

IF you are planning to just buy another device (after an iPod & iPhone Confused), I would recommend buying an old iPod classic off ebay. craigslist, etc...Or just buy it off a friend who doesn't want it.

Other mp3 players usually don't hold standard to an iPod...Nor to many have a large storage capacity.

You've probably already considered my advice Laughing , but it's what I recommend.
  • Visit poster's website