Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 02/08/2021 13:01
  • Post subject:
That game was rough.

For the first half it seemed like a total zebra show, with questionable calls going in TB's favor every time. But KC's defense and offensive line were doing them no favors, they really shit the bed. I'm no fan of Brady, but that's mainly due to who he is off the field. On the field, hard to deny that he's an incredible player. Even without the great offensive line that he had with the Patriots for years, he still gets knocked down and gets back up again in his 40s, and that's insane. I'm wondering if he'll play another season or not.

On another note, if Mahomes wants that kind of longevity, KC needs to get their o-line back. The amount of drop backs, runs, and overwhelming blitzes that Mahomes had to deal with was insane. And that one roughing the passer call was very justified. If it wasn't the super bowl I think they would've pulled him for concussion protocol, hope he's alright after that helmet hit.

I was really rooting for a Bills vs Packers bowl game, but TB and KC really deserved it. Shame it was so one-sided.

The halftime show was great. I'm a bigger fan of The Weeknd's synthpop stuff than his R&B stuff but it was all awesome. Not gonna lie the camerawork during the hall-of-mirrors portion of I Can't Feel My Face was a little nausea-inducing lol. Was surprised there were no guest performers, I was really hoping for Daft Punk. It was all quite good regardless though. Also I love how they keep saying the halftime show is the "biggest show of the year"... as if it's not the only show from the past year for so so many of us lol.
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 02/08/2021 18:11
  • Post subject:
So I was so pumped (& high) following the game that I thought my girlfriend would like Mayhem! She did not. And she let me know it rather quickly & forcefully!!! Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/08/2021 18:33
  • Post subject:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Imagine being told in 2011 that one of the songs off House of Balloons would one day be played at the Super Bowl.

Just caught the halftime show on Youtube. Legit think the Weeknd put on a decent show.

I remember when that trilogy of mixtapes came out, and I had no idea where this guy was going. I remember thinking how odd it was for such a good album to be released online for free (it feels like forever ago that albums weren't just readily available for streaming online...). House of Balloons is still probably the best thing he ever did (I still think The Morning is one of the best songs of the decade), but I really haven't cared a whole lot about his releases between then and After Hours (which he deserves all the praise he's been getting for). Never would have thought he'd headline something as mainstream as the Super Bowl. I'll admit I'm slightly out of touch with the current general reception of pop culture, but he might be the first headline act in a decent handful of years where the target audience may have never even heard of him (I know he's a big name, but still). Even if they went for a heavy 2010s Canadian act, I figured they'd pick Drake, Carly Rae Jepsen or maybe even Arcade Fire first (or hell, Neil Young). Good on him. (And #GoCanada Mr. Green)
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 02/09/2021 01:01
  • Post subject:
Oh man, I called it.
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 02/09/2021 01:39
  • Post subject:
That was definitely the most I have ever enjoyed a Super Bowl halftime show. Packed with hits, and it was also cool to hear Siouxsie And The Banshees sneak on the setlist.
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 02/09/2021 01:44
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
babyBlueSedan wrote:
I'll admit I'm slightly out of touch with the current general reception of pop culture, but he might be the first headline act in a decent handful of years where the target audience may have never even heard of him (I know he's a big name, but still). Even if they went for a heavy 2010s Canadian act, I figured they'd pick Drake, Carly Rae Jepsen or maybe even Arcade Fire first (or hell, Neil Young). Good on him. (And #GoCanada Mr. Green)

Slightly? Wink The Weeknd is one of the top ten most popular musicians in the world. Absolutely towers over all of those names but Drake in terms of marketability, including for the Super Bowl target audience.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/09/2021 02:37
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
Slightly? Wink The Weeknd is one of the top ten most popular musicians in the world. Absolutely towers over all of those names but Drake in terms of marketability, including for the Super Bowl target audience.

Anxious

Honestly, whenever I look at Billboard I feel 80 years old. I just haven't heard of half these people. I have a pretty bad concept of what's 'big' right now and what isn't, especially the past 3 years. Wasn't sure what to make of the Grammy snubs either.
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 02/09/2021 12:19
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
That was definitely the most I have ever enjoyed a Super Bowl halftime show. Packed with hits, and it was also cool to hear Siouxsie And The Banshees sneak on the setlist.

That was the highlight heh. Thought I was tripping, but it really was Siouxsie snippet. I was pretty disappointed with the halftime performance unfortunately, I really like Weeknd but it all seemed like a big show with no substance. But most halftime shows are like this I guess. IDK the camerawork was bad, the songs were all cut in half, the visual part was fine and expensive but nothing too great. And I just don't think anybody put on as good of a show as Prince.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 02/09/2021 16:43
  • Post subject:
Only caught the second half (work during the day). Pretty boring. The only fun part was the fan streaking across the field, those idiots are always good for a chuckle, (CBS couldn't show it but that's what YouTube is for).
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 02/09/2021 18:16
  • Post subject:
[quote="Hayden"]
babyBlueSedan wrote:
Even if they went for a heavy 2010s Canadian act, I figured they'd pick Drake, Carly Rae Jepsen or maybe even Arcade Fire first (or hell, Neil Young). Good on him. (And #GoCanada Mr. Green)

Haha what the.. there's a 0% chance Carly or Arcade Fire ever get anywhere near a super bowl halftime. I dont even think either one could do a grey cup
  • Visit poster's website