Whatcha Playing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 10/16/2020 20:02
  • Post subject: Whatcha Playing
Thought I'd start a thread for video games since I don't really notice one. It's October so I've been playing some horror games. Just finished Stories Untold, a little 80's tech inspired anthology made by the environmental designers behind Alien Isolation. Beautiful sound design and a lovely concept marred only by a final act that tries to unite the anthology in a really clunky way. What have y'all been playing?
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 10/16/2020 20:48
  • Post subject:
I waited until Doom Eternal got on Xbox Game Pass to play it, and it's more of the same great FPS action of DOOM (2016). I've played all of em, and this certainly ranks as some of the best in the series in terms of gameplay and level design. Some of the platforming and puzzle elements can be tedious and really slow down the game's pacing but I even found most of those elements engaging.

I also got the remastered versions of Silent Hill 2 & 3, because I haven't played those in forever, and it's the season for spooks.

Also got done with 2 Beat em up reboots in Streets of Rage 4 and Battletoads.

On the indie side of things, I finally played Hypnospace Outlaw a couple of months ago and I loved it. Hylics 2 was also great.

Superliminal is an awesome forced-perspective puzzle game that everyone should play.

I'm missing a few, but I'll post a bit more later. Very Happy

Stories Untold sounds cool.
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/16/2020 21:10
  • Post subject:
Been playing Mario Super Picross on the Nintendo Switch.

Also got to go back to Animal Crossing New Horizons for the sea creatures for October as well as the new Spirits for Smash Ultimate.
  • Visit poster's website
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 10/16/2020 22:18
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I waited until Doom Eternal got on Xbox Game Pass to play it, and it's more of the same great FPS action of DOOM (2016). I've played all of em, and this certainly ranks as some of the best in the series in terms of gameplay and level design. Some of the platforming and puzzle elements can be tedious and really slow down the game's pacing but I even found most of those elements engaging.

I also got the remastered versions of Silent Hill 2 & 3, because I haven't played those in forever, and it's the season for spooks.

Also got done with 2 Beat em up reboots in Streets of Rage 4 and Battletoads.

On the indie side of things, I finally played Hypnospace Outlaw a couple of months ago and I loved it. Hylics 2 was also great.

Superliminal is an awesome forced-perspective puzzle game that everyone should play.

I'm missing a few, but I'll post a bit more later. Very Happy

Stories Untold sounds cool.

Careful with that remastered Silent Hill 2. Tried to play that at the beginning of the month but the audio glitches and the remastered fog made it super unplayable for me. Think I'm gonna try and emulate it. Hylics is great. Gonna play the second one soon.
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/17/2020 00:39
  • Post subject:
Oh shit, really? Guess I should have looked that up about SH2. d'oh!
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/17/2020 00:52
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Oh shit, really? Guess I should have looked that up about SH2. d'oh!

Yeah the HD collection for SH2&3 is considered pretty notorious from the community. There is a video on YouTube that goes over what happens.
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 10/17/2020 01:19
  • Post subject:
I've finally gotten around to Metro: Exodus and boy, it is both extremely fun and extremely frustrating. I haven't played Metro in a hot minute but I don't remember the bullet economy being this frustrating. They also took out angled/tilt aiming as well as changing the rate of fire of guns.... for some reason. Really great game so far, though it does test my patience at times.
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 10/17/2020 14:45
  • Post subject:
Hypnospace Outlaw puts you in the shoes of a content "Enforcer" (or moderator) on a fake version of the internet called Hypnos. People acces this service through a headband. Your job is to make sure that people are following the rules of the forums and that no illegal activities are going down. You're also preparing for the year 2000 when Hypnos 2.0 will be launched. It's one of the most stupidly entertaining things I've played in a long time. Plus, the music in it is incredible. From new age to nu metal and everything in between.

And, it ended up on the Switch of all things recently.

Link

The best music comes from Chowder Man.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 10/17/2020 14:54
  • Post subject:
Yeah, a lot of the indie games end up coming to the Switch. A lot of them are really good. Might get Hypnospace Outlaw.
  • Visit poster's website
NewsFromHome

• Posted: 10/17/2020 17:24
  • Post subject:
Played through Airdorf's Faith games last night. Cool retro horror. The Apple II era of gaming is a pretty unusual one to emulate and that limited color palette plus all that early vocoder vox manipulation is delicious. What really grabs me though is how the game breaks style in death animations. Those rotoscoped animations are stunning. First one's free and only like 30 minutes so check it out.