Covid Vaccine Party

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 03/04/2021 08:43
  • Post subject: Covid Vaccine Party
I got the first dose last Saturday. 2nd on March 20th.

Post when you get your vax.

Peace.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/04/2021 12:36
  • Post subject: Re: Covid Vaccine Party
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
I got the first dose last Saturday. 2nd on March 20th.

Post when you get your vax.

Peace.

That's awesome! So jealous! I'm in the 1C group so hopefully I'll hear really soon. Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 03/04/2021 12:47
  • Post subject:
I'm an essential government employee.

Still no word.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/04/2021 16:11
  • Post subject:
I'm a Canadian.

So.

Maybe next year.

(snideness aside, I think my actual expected estimation is November/December)
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 03/05/2021 01:31
  • Post subject:
In Massachusetts, I get no priority for being immunocompromised. This is the case in many other states as well, and for many other conditions that increase risk. They're going off a CDC list of conditions that are confirmed to increase risk, which is very small because COVID is new and its effects on people with various disabilities have been a research afterthought (a familiar story). Everyone under 65 with a condition that is thought to increase risk but hasn't been "confirmed" to do so (except asthma due to influential people lobbying for an exception) has to wait until everyone can get the vaccine. One more item for the long list of COVID/response equity disasters in the past year. And of course, vaccine inequity within the US pales in comparison to inequity across nations.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my first dose sometime in April, but we'll see.

EDIT: Anyway, don't mean to rain on the parade too much. I'm happy for you and everyone else who has gotten a vaccine when it's their turn!
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/14/2021 22:41
  • Post subject:
baystateoftheart wrote:
In Massachusetts, I get no priority for being immunocompromised. This is the case in many other states as well, and for many other conditions that increase risk. They're going off a CDC list of conditions that are confirmed to increase risk, which is very small because COVID is new and its effects on people with various disabilities have been a research afterthought (a familiar story). Everyone under 65 with a condition that is thought to increase risk but hasn't been "confirmed" to do so (except asthma due to influential people lobbying for an exception) has to wait until everyone can get the vaccine. One more item for the long list of COVID/response equity disasters in the past year. And of course, vaccine inequity within the US pales in comparison to inequity across nations.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my first dose sometime in April, but we'll see.

EDIT: Anyway, don't mean to rain on the parade too much. I'm happy for you and everyone else who has gotten a vaccine when it's their turn!

Same here brother. I'm disabled from a severe auto-immune disease (Behcet's). I've actually had to go to the ICU for respiratory distress from this illness.

And yet I still have no idea when I'm going to get vaccinated. Pretty crazy. Neutral
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 03/16/2021 16:16
  • Post subject:
Repo wrote:
baystateoftheart wrote:

Same here brother. I'm disabled from a severe auto-immune disease (Behcet's). I've actually had to go to the ICU for respiratory distress from this illness.

And yet I still have no idea when I'm going to get vaccinated. Pretty crazy. Neutral

I've got an appointment! Tomorrow! It's a two hour drive, but well worth it! I love road trips anyways! Will definitely stop for some coffee and apple pie on the way back. lol.

#luckoftheirish #coffee&pie
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 03/17/2021 02:53
  • Post subject:
Repo wrote:
I've got an appointment! Tomorrow! It's a two hour drive, but well worth it! I love road trips anyways! Will definitely stop for some coffee and apple pie on the way back. lol.

#luckoftheirish #coffee&pie

Congrats! Smile
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 03/18/2021 02:37
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I'm a Canadian.

So.

Maybe next year.

(snideness aside, I think my actual expected estimation is November/December)

We have a spectacularly bad government in Alberta... but for some reason, we're ahead of the game with vaccinations. I should be good to go in June.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 03/18/2021 02:50
  • Post subject:
junodog4 wrote:
We have a spectacularly bad government in Alberta...

I am so sorry about what's going on over there Laughing I won't pretend Ontario isn't also a mess, but still.

All the best for June.
  • Visit poster's website