ALC #21: Dy'th Requiem For The Serpent Telepath

View previous topic :: View next topic
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 06/21/2021 00:00
  • Post subject: ALC #21: Dy'th Requiem For The Serpent Telepath
Wanted to go with something that's interesting, easily enjoyable, accessible and up everyone's alley around these parts. There's plenty of choices actually this year. But then I was like nah, let's take a 75 minute black/death metal album.

Dy'th Requiem For The Serpent Telepath by Esoctrilihum

Sounds Like: Some symphonic stuff, but mostly death and black metal mix

Origin: Mom's basement somewhere in France

It's a pretty unique album, even more than the last year's (also excellent) Eternity of Shaog, while being just as good quality wise. Not much out there that it reminds me of. Emperor for sure, but any symphonic and progressive black metal is bound to draw that comparison. Aside from that, I'm struggling to think of similar music. It's groovy, at times repetitive, long and epic extreme metal album with wonderful live violins and some symphonic stuff underneath. If any of that sounds remotely interesting, I'd recommend the album. Have fun spelling and pronouncing "Esoctrilihum".

Special shoutout to Anti for reminding me this dropped. And even though I didn't choose them because Esoctrilihum was more interesting and unique, both Atvm's Famine, Putrid And Fucking Endless and Los Males Del Mundo's Descent Towards Death are excellent metal albums that I'd recommend to everyone.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 06/21/2021 16:28
  • Post subject:
Just listened, thanks for nominating a metal album. NGL, I didn't read the full first sentence and until I got to the end I was thinking "huh this is really intense album artwork for an 'accessible' album" lol. Honestly even for death metal it's pretty intense artwork.

Substance-wise, the album was pretty good. Death metal isn't always my cup of tea, but this blended the technical aspects of death metal with the more melodic aspects of black/doom metal (or...vice/versa? did I get that right?). The violin parts were a highlight for me, and I was a big fan of the one track which broke from the rest with a symphonic drone appeal.