Videogame Soundtracks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 09/24/2021 19:00
  • Post subject:
Japanese Breakfast released a new album today, a soundtrack for the indie game 'Sable' (available on Xbox game pass). I adore her other album this year 'Jubilee' so I downloaded the game last night after I saw she did this soundtrack. Played though about 2 hours of the game and it was pretty solid, I'll probably play through the whole thing. This morning at work I went ahead and played the full album and man it's a beauty. It can definitely be listened to as a standalone album but it might make you want to play the game because it did for me. The soundtrack showcases a gorgeous ambiance of desert sandscapes that curate a sense of mystery and exploration, but also occasionally a feeling of alienation or loneliness. It's mostly instrumental but some of the beginning tracks have vocals. I recommend it.

Sable by Japanese Breakfast
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 09/26/2021 13:41
  • Post subject:
travelful wrote:
Japanese Breakfast released a new album today, a soundtrack for the indie game 'Sable' (available on Xbox game pass). I adore her other album this year 'Jubilee' so I downloaded the game last night after I saw she did this soundtrack. Played though about 2 hours of the game and it was pretty solid, I'll probably play through the whole thing. This morning at work I went ahead and played the full album and man it's a beauty. It can definitely be listened to as a standalone album but it might make you want to play the game because it did for me. The soundtrack showcases a gorgeous ambiance of desert sandscapes that curate a sense of mystery and exploration, but also occasionally a feeling of alienation or loneliness. It's mostly instrumental but some of the beginning tracks have vocals. I recommend it.

Sable by Japanese Breakfast

This is really cool. Heard good things about the game but didn't realize Japanese Breakfast made the soundtrack. You'd think that would be a selling point lol, although the average indie gamer probably has never heard of her. Definitely going to want to pick this up.

Also will be picking up Disco Elysium really soon, heard good things about the music but haven't listened yet.
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 09/29/2021 03:56
  • Post subject:
I know that I made a pretty substantial post about this at some point, but just to contribute again, I'll put some of my favorite video game music here.

Link

Link

Link
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 10/22/2021 21:40
  • Post subject:
I just played through Golf Club: Wasteland. It's a sort of post-apocalyptic story with a fairly basic gameplay where you play golf. But the soundtrack is very good. The entire soundtrack for the game plays as if you're listening to "Radio Nostalgia from Mars" complete with "throwback" that remind humans (currently living on Mars) of life as it used to be on Earth. Interspersed with the songs are short stories and people who call into the radio station, often with incredibly dystopian stories. The gameplay is meh but the story is neat.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Creatures of the World is my favorite, and Two Astronauts seems to be the fan favorite. Nothing too deep in the lyrics other than just general dystopian themes of the game. Oh and there's a song called "Repetition" which is sort of funny put-down of club music.