20%
 20%  [1]
Total Votes : 5

DommeDamian
Imperfect, sensitive Aspie with a melody addiction

Denmark

• Posted: 09/16/2021 15:18
  • Post subject: Top 100 categories/conception
My official Top 100 Albums has been updated, and if you know it well, there's a chance you remember the concept behind it - otherwise go check it out, it's in the intro I]

https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=46231

I was just being curious as to what pile of (selected, varied) albums you prefer overall, X or Y? This is just for fun.

Reasoning for specific records are of course welcome.

That's all. Thank you guys for the support of it nevertheless.

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
Spotify: ----------------------------------------------------↓
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 09/16/2021 16:49
  • Post subject:
So I gotta be honest, every time I check out your chart I forget how much I like it until I get past your #1. I absolutely cannot stand Dangerous. It is one of the biggest letdowns from an artist I do like, but every single song on the album is just garbage to my ears. So I actually really appreciate that the link in your signature sorts the albums from 100 to 1 lol, I wish that was default.

Having said that, counting out Dangerous, I think I'd go for the odd side. I've been thinking about how I'd sort the albums in my chart, and there's quite a few that could go either way. I'm sure you had the same conundrum, and you even mention that there's a lot of overlap.

For example for me, Doo-Wops and Hooligans, The Stranger, and Melodrama would almost certainly be in my Y/even category (with lots of overlap except for maybe Doo-Wops); while Suicide, Bitches Brew, and Loveless would almost certainly be in my X/odd category (again with lots of overlap because it's hard not to rock out to Loveless).

It's a really cool concept, one that of course is bound to have lots of overlap, but one that also helps to explain your choices.
kokkinos

• Posted: 09/18/2021 21:21
  • Post subject:
First of all, big props to you for coming up with this concept, I don’t think I’ve ever come by anything similar in another chart.
Now, based on the descriptions you give to X and Y, I can easily tell that X should be my jam and it shouldn't even be close.
But, there are a couple of factors that need to be considered:
a)Our tastes barely match, the difference is wild.
b)Maybe linked to the above, we don't even have the same perception of those categories, there were more than a few occasions where I thought an album would fit better in X instead of Y and vice versa.
So, instead of trying to pick based on general principles, I ended up browsing through your chart. I noticed 7 albums I really like and - shockingly enough - six of them were Y, meaning that Y it is.
  • Visit poster's website
zwiebel
Grunger

• Posted: 09/24/2021 02:02
  • Post subject:
for me the choice was very simple as like or at least tolerate ur X albums and mostly hate (with few exceptions) the albums from Y category.

i also strongly disagree with EyeKanFly - Dangerous is near masterpiece level (and I'm not even that huge of MJs fan)