Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/28/2022 00:31
  • Post subject:
SuedeSwede wrote:

Un Verano Sin Ti by Bad Bunny

^ album of the year so far. chill summer jams & party bangers, simply hit after hit.

I was shocked as to how much I liked this. It's going on my chart for sure.

I didn't care for the other two records of his I had heard— and I came quite close to just ignoring this altogether— but he finally nailed down his sound. This record had the versatility and range his previous work didn't. Don't think I've heard better a reggaeton record yet. I'm still not sold on his 'too-cool-to-have-different-notes' vocal delivery, but I love how he finally dug into the cumbria roots and made it shine. Plenty of fun.

Hypnos by Ravyn Lenae

This is a solid work too. Very early 00s inspired (I suppose that generation is next at bat). I'm hearing Aaliyah, Mariah Carey, and maybe even a bit of Shakira here. Her fairy-cloud delivery is a bit too sugary for me, but the compositions here are ace. Not sure it'll ever be a personal favourite (just personal taste), but I have nothing but respect for the effort here.

Learn 2 Swim by Redveil

A nice step forward from Redveil. I like this guy. He has something that clicks. Beats are great (albeit a little compressed), and his bars are decent, but he's obviously trying just a smidge too hard from time-to-time. He needs to borrow some of Bad Bunny's chill. Either way, worth a spin.

Caroline by Caroline

I know this isn't 'this-week-new', but I just got around to it. The cover doesn't suit it at all. Needs some Neutral Milk Hotel/early-GY!BE art. Figured it'd be a Cloud Nothing's post-hardcore-esque sort of thing. Wasn't expecting to dive into this raw-minimalist-chamber-avant-folk piece. Lovely bit of work. Never had a wow moment, but I loved the vibe. Very warm, yet distant. Like a summer treehouse you know will never exist.

Boko A Ko by Saltpond City Band

Sounds like the cover. You get the gist. Brass-coated summer fun.

Tempi Agitati (Mode 334) by Katharina Rosenberger

And finally, in the recent uptick micro-trend of post-minimal-choral, this is neat. Very pristine pools of air.
  • Visit poster's website
travelful
BEA's Official Florida Man

United States

• Posted: 05/28/2022 18:55
  • Post subject:
I agree with the Bad Bunny hype. Fantastic album and it's playing everywhere at my work (lots of Puerto Ricans). Great Florida vibes honestly.
  • Visit poster's website
rostasi

• Posted: 05/28/2022 19:27
  • Post subject: Release Date: May 6
reiko yamada -
interpreting quantum randomness

A research and sound project that pairs a sound artist with a quantum physicist.
Dear to my heart are their attempts at interpretations of quantum random data.
Has the well-known flutist, Barbara Held, playing on two of the 6 tracks. Graphic!

• Visit poster's website
Tap
to resume download

United States

• Posted: 05/29/2022 00:29
  • Post subject:
diggin this one, thanks!
  • Visit poster's website
rostasi

• Posted: 05/31/2022 20:06
  • Post subject: Release Date: May 28
Ross Birdwise -
All By Compass Am I (De​)​Composed

Cyclic and linearised expectations are eviscerated and ejected for lines of sound
that commits itself to the irregularities of Ross Birdwise's long differentiated yet
interrelated lines of samples of string quartets, cassette recordings, sine waves,
percussion instruments all poked and pushed thru tape manipulation and
granular synthesis that creates wafers of analog and digital blurring.

• Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 06/04/2022 00:02
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Also: is any white journalist out there gonna realise that maybe Kendrick didn’t recruit Kodak to make some point about the hypocrisy of man/cancel culture/his own wavering moral compass, but because Kodak may be the best rapper alive and game recognise game?

Do white Journalists talk about anything else these days? Reviewing actual musical craft/decisions (or really any artistic medium) is soooooo 20th century

Anyways I did like the new Cave IN and Gospel, completely at peace with turning into a musical dinasour, and the Action Bronson and Sadistik were solid on the hip hop front (any more good recs Skinny?) and I liked the more low-key Let's Eat Grandma even if admittedly (at least on the musical front) it's a bit of a side-step for them compared to I'm All Ears. Still haven't listened to Kendrick's, and Angel Olsen's latest was... fine.

Link
  • Visit poster's website
rostasi

• Posted: 06/04/2022 16:08
  • Post subject: Release Date: May 31
Jascha Narveson & Ashley Bathgate + Guests:
Flash Crash + Remixes

Music for cello (acclaimed cellist Ashley Bathgate) and electronics controlled
by stock market data culled from the 5-minute "flash crash" collapse of 2010.
Remixes are included by folks like Vladislav Delay and an Amber-era Autechre
feel from Angélica Negró with others. Hyper-cellos, robots, in the disco-ship!

Ⴐ ହ

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 06/07/2022 21:19
  • Post subject:
cestuneblague wrote:
Do white Journalists talk about anything else these days? Reviewing actual musical craft/decisions (or really any artistic medium) is soooooo 20th century

Anyways I did like the new Cave IN and Gospel, completely at peace with turning into a musical dinasour, and the Action Bronson and Sadistik were solid on the hip hop front (any more good recs Skinny?) and I liked the more low-key Let's Eat Grandma even if admittedly (at least on the musical front) it's a bit of a side-step for them compared to I'm All Ears. Still haven't listened to Kendrick's, and Angel Olsen's latest was... fine.

Link

Latest from Sada Baby, billy woods, Payroll Giovanni, and particularly DaBoii are all reliably brilliant.
SuedeSwede
Ognoo

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/08/2022 09:07
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I was shocked as to how much I liked this. It's going on my chart for sure.

I didn't care for the other two records of his I had heard— and I came quite close to just ignoring this altogether— but he finally nailed down his sound. This record had the versatility and range his previous work didn't. Don't think I've heard better a reggaeton record yet. I'm still not sold on his 'too-cool-to-have-different-notes' vocal delivery, but I love how he finally dug into the cumbria roots and made it shine. Plenty of fun.

gonna have to disagree here, always found bad bunny to have very versatile projects - this one is for sure his most diverse yet tho, complete melting pot of influences

Motomami by Rosalía

been playing this loads the last week, her best yet imo. she covers so much ground here & the production is super creative
Mercury
Turn your back on the pay-you-back last call

United States

• Posted: 06/10/2022 22:57
  • Post subject:
Just learned that the first Wormrot LP in 6 years is dropping July 8th!!! Wooohooo!!!! Pretty excited about this one. Then a week later is black midi’s third. Then in early august it looks like a new Chat Pile LP is dropping. Those are the 3 that I’m most jazzed about. How about y’all?

Edit: oh and of course the second KNOLL LP on my birthday June 29th is actually my number 1 most anticipated.

ONLY 4% of people can understand this chart! Come try!

My Fave Metal - you won't believe #5!!!
  • Visit poster's website