Chart composition stats suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic
Xavygravy

• Posted: 11/25/2011 22:08
  • Post subject: Chart composition stats suggestions
I think it would be cool to be able to switch between sorting by '%' and sorting by 'rank score contributed'.
e.g. My chart shows my top 5 most commonly-appearing artists are The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Weezer, The Beach Boys (sorted by %). Sorted by rank score, it would look something more like: The Beatles, Weezer, The Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, and would show how much rank score each artist contributes instead of the percentage column. Perhaps at the top of the percentage column, you can either click '%' or 'rank score'.
This can give a more accurate representation of the 'favourite artists' of the chart.

Another related suggestion: especially with the new 'magnifying glass' feature, can there be an 'expand' button at the bottom of the list of artists in the chart composition, which can be expanded until all artists are shown?

One last suggestion (for now): is it possible for us to see a graph or at least data telling us the history of album rankings in our chart? e.g. Revolver moves from #8 in to #11 on xx/xx/xxxx, then #11 to #10 on xx/xx/xxxx.
It'd be cool to see how an album's ranking has changed over time (perhaps this could be like the 'View chart at point in time' on the overall chart? and if it takes up too much memory for everyone, then perhaps unlocked at a higher level?)
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 11/26/2011 11:28
  • Post subject: Re: Chart composition stats suggestions
Xavygravy wrote:
I think it would be cool to be able to switch between sorting by '%' and sorting by 'rank score contributed'.
Perhaps at the top of the percentage column, you can either click '%' or 'rank score'.
This can give a more accurate representation of the 'favourite artists' of the chart.

Great idea, can certainly add this.

Xavygravy wrote:
Another related suggestion: especially with the new 'magnifying glass' feature, can there be an 'expand' button at the bottom of the list of artists in the chart composition, which can be expanded until all artists are shown?

another good one Smile

Xavygravy wrote:
One last suggestion (for now): is it possible for us to see a graph or at least data telling us the history of album rankings in our chart? e.g. Revolver moves from #8 in to #11 on xx/xx/xxxx, then #11 to #10 on xx/xx/xxxx.
It'd be cool to see how an album's ranking has changed over time (perhaps this could be like the 'View chart at point in time' on the overall chart? and if it takes up too much memory for everyone, then perhaps unlocked at a higher level?)

This is a good idea, but is difficult to implement at the moment. I was hoping to have done this already, and it has been on my list for a while (in a slightly different format), but there is a technical reason holding this back which I won't bore people with here. Once that issue has been resolved, this will be added too.
  • Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 11/26/2011 21:00
  • Post subject:
Awesome Cool

You're the best! Applause
  • Visit poster's website