Hiya

View previous topic :: View next topic
imacgill

Canada

• Posted: 07/30/2022 19:42
  • Post subject: Hiya
I am from Toronto, Canada and I am favourable to 80's music including post punk, new wave and shoegaze. However, I will listen to anything and never lost my lust for discovering albums from new bands and artists.

I am an avid music collector with thousands of titles on both vinyl and CD and living in Toronto has afforded me to go see a lot of my favourite artists live.

I have playing around with BEA for a few years now mostly using the random search function to discover new and interesting albums and artists. Happy to finally join!!
  • Visit poster's website
Moved: 07/30/2022 22:53 by Romanelli
From Music Diaries to New Members
MadhattanJack
I mean, metal is okay, but...

United States

• Posted: 07/31/2022 06:02
  • Post subject: Re: Hiya
imacgill wrote:
I am from Toronto, Canada and I am favourable to 80's music including post punk, new wave and shoegaze.

Cool! Indeed, if my memory serves me correctly, The Chameleons' Live in Toronto was recorded there.

And just to help you get properly started on the site's "membership level" game, one of the first things I'd recommend that you do is add that album to your "Greatest Albums" chart, even though you might not consider it one of the greatest albums you've ever heard. That's because it hasn't been added to the BEA database yet, and the best (or at least most "efficient") way to accumulate level points is to add new albums - and the only way to add new albums is to add them to your chart(s), even if that means adding stuff to them that you're not so enthused about. But then again, if you're from Toronto and you're into 80s-era post punk, new wave and shoegaze, there's a decent chance you have that album already and think it's the bee's knees! Who knows, you might even subscribe to The Big Takeover!

Also, don't wait too long to do that, or someone else will read this post and beat you to the punch. There aren't a lot of chart-worthy albums left out there that haven't already been added, so they're at a bit of a premium, I'm afraid. It's dog-eat-dog out here. Or maybe just dog-eat-chameleon.

Welcome to BEA-land!

Dancing
  • Visit poster's website
imacgill

Canada

• Posted: 08/02/2022 02:38
  • Post subject:
Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the tip regarding The Chameleons. I absolutely did not know they recorded a live album in Toronto. I see that it is on YouTube so I will be sure to check it out.
  • Visit poster's website