2023 Music

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Keatownrodriguez
Aimless Angler

United States

• Posted: 01/14/2023 05:50
  • Post subject:
Can everyone please help me manifest a new My Chemical Romance album this year Brick wall
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 01/14/2023 10:59
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Gave the new (surprise?) Belle & Sebastian a listen this morning. It was nice Smile —nowhere near their peak material, but it's a good record. Bit better than their last few. I know it's a lot to ask of a band, but I wish they were still releasing music at the same quality as their '94-'06 run. There was an energy there that they just don't quite have now. The sound's there, the musicianship, etc, but there's a vibe missing — I can't help but think it boils down to youthfulness. The young rebelliousness is gone, and B&S thrived off of it.

Yeah, everything from 1996-2006 is pretty much essential (except probably Storytelling). I can’t really ask for more from them at this point since the dip is not drastic. Listening now and this one sounds very solid. Probably a bit better than last year’s album. They recorded both at the same time. Stuart seems a bit more enthusiastic about this one.
theblueboy

• Posted: 01/14/2023 11:02
  • Post subject:
Hearing Traceyanne one the new B&S record makes me want a new one from Camera Obscura. It’s been 9 years but I think the band are officially still going Pray
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/14/2023 21:06
  • Post subject:
theblueboy wrote:
Yeah, everything from 1996-2006 is pretty much essential (except probably Storytelling). I can’t really ask for more from them at this point since the dip is not drastic. Listening now and this one sounds very solid. Probably a bit better than last year’s album. They recorded both at the same time. Stuart seems a bit more enthusiastic about this one.

Not sure why I put '94 Think Fixed.

And yeah, it's not like the quality jumped off a cliff or anything, but something's missing.
Nearly everything since The Life Pursuit has been very minor/afterthought/in-one-ear-out-the-other—
This latest is a decent release, but it remains hindered from this dullness— it's a good knife that's been used too many times without being sharpened.
(Still, probably the best thing Stuart's done since God Help The Girl—)
Last year's record did near nothing for me— I remember little of it Confused
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 01/15/2023 10:12
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

And yeah, it's not like the quality jumped off a cliff or anything, but something's missing.
Nearly everything since The Life Pursuit has been very minor/afterthought/in-one-ear-out-the-other—
This latest is a decent release, but it remains hindered from this dullness— it's a good knife that's been used too many times without being sharpened.

Fair point. I’ll give this new one a few listens and then probably forget about it. As a live band though, B &S are still fantastic. I’d love to see them again this year.
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2023 15:00
  • Post subject:
theblueboy wrote:
Hayden wrote:

Fair point. I’ll give this new one a few listens and then probably forget about it. As a live band though, B &S are still fantastic. I’d love to see them again this year.

It's GREAT Sunday morning music! Like an a Multiverse oldies station that plays their universe's versions of stuff like Love, Cat Stevens and lite 70s disco.
  • Visit poster's website
LTSings

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2023 17:22
  • Post subject:
Last year William Bell released a new single called "One Day Closer To Home". They said his upcoming album will have the same title. The album was supposed to be released last year but wasn't for some reason, so I assume it will finally be released this year. Here is the single that was released last year. William Bell is 83 years old and he can still sing. I look forward to hearing the rest of the album.

One Day Closer To Home - William Bell

Link
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/20/2023 16:51
  • Post subject:

To What End by Oddisee

Go listen.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 01/21/2023 04:29
  • Post subject:

Reue by Leipa

Love Love Love
  • Visit poster's website
theblueboy

• Posted: 01/21/2023 13:35
  • Post subject:
Repo wrote:
theblueboy wrote:
Hayden wrote:

It's GREAT Sunday morning music! Like an a Multiverse oldies station that plays their universe's versions of stuff like Love, Cat Stevens and lite 70s disco.

Definitely getting Cat Stevens. “Will I tell you a secret” is basically every track on Teaser and Firecat. But the kicker has to be the title track. It sounds like Graceland tier Paul Simon and is an early song of the year contender.