The 2011 BEA Music Awards OR Best Album Game: 2011 Edition!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Norman Bates

France

• Posted: 12/09/2011 21:27
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Hahahaha 25? I think I've listened to.... 5. Maybe 6.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

As Jhereko said, how can you guys be on a music site and only listen to five albums of the current year?

This isn't a 2011 music site, or a new music site. I'm on a music site because I listen to a lot of music, from all periods of time. I spent most of 2011 rediscovering albums that I hadn't listened to for quite some time, or discovering classics that I had never listened to, and listening to music I had no idea had been recorded.
  • Visit poster's website
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 12/09/2011 21:45
  • Post subject:
Yeah I don't think I've done more than... 15? I still have some more planned, but by the end of the year I doubt I will reach 25.

Of course the main reason is the same as Norman's - mostly spend my time discovering the older music, as there is still A LOT of what I would want but haven't heard yet.
  • Visit poster's website
Yourselfisntsteam

• Posted: 12/09/2011 21:46
  • Post subject:
Yeah, How do you people listen to 25+ 2011 albums? along with presumably discovering old stuff?

I only have so much money, and most of it goes towards older albums, so I only by new albums I'm absolutely sure I'll like, or one's I think my other family members will also enjoy....And I like to buy one and album at a time and give it a week without listening to much else...so I've only heard say 15 new albums from 2011....
Yourselfisntsteam

• Posted: 12/09/2011 21:48
  • Post subject:
hey look I repeated everyone else! Sad
CellarDoor
Shoe-Punk Loner

France

• Posted: 12/09/2011 21:52
  • Post subject:
Euh....

I've listened to 65 albums Anxious

• Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 12/09/2011 22:34
  • Post subject:
Norman Bates wrote:
Jackwc wrote:
Necharsian wrote:

As Jhereko said, how can you guys be on a music site and only listen to five albums of the current year?

This isn't a 2011 music site, or a new music site. I'm on a music site because I listen to a lot of music, from all periods of time. I spent most of 2011 rediscovering albums that I hadn't listened to for quite some time, or discovering classics that I had never listened to, and listening to music I had no idea had been recorded.

^ Exactly right.
There is so much I still haven't listened to from... well every single era. Even my knowledge on 2010 as a year is pretty pedestrian. I may try and listen to a few more 2011s purely for this competition, but I'm not just going to start only listening to 2011 albums from now on. 25 is definitely not happening.
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 12/09/2011 22:58
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:
Norman Bates wrote:
Jackwc wrote:
Necharsian wrote:

^ Exactly right.
There is so much I still haven't listened to from... well every single era. Even my knowledge on 2010 as a year is pretty pedestrian. I may try and listen to a few more 2011s purely for this competition, but I'm not just going to start only listening to 2011 albums from now on. 25 is definitely not happening.

Weeeeeeell, if I could make a few suggestions...

David Comes To Life, the soundtrack to Drive, Belong, Zonoscope, Rome, Cults, So Beautiful Or So What, King of Limbs, Scurrilous, Strange Mercy, Hardcore Will Never Die, Gloss Drop, New Album, Eureka, James Blake, The Parallax, Burst Apart, The Hunter, Build A Rocket Boys!, The Colour Spectrum, The Collective, Goblin, A Creature I don't Know, Panda Bear, Helplessness Blues, Eye Contact, Devin Townsend's Ghost, Dum Spiro Spero...

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 12/09/2011 23:09
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
Norman Bates wrote:
Jackwc wrote:
Necharsian wrote:

^ Exactly right.

Weeeeeeell, if I could make a few suggestions...

David Comes To Life, the soundtrack to Drive, Belong, Zonoscope, Rome, Cults, So Beautiful Or So What, King of Limbs, Scurrilous, Strange Mercy, Hardcore Will Never Die, Gloss Drop, New Album, Eureka, James Blake, The Parallax, Burst Apart, The Hunter, Build A Rocket Boys!, The Colour Spectrum, The Collective, Goblin, A Creature I don't Know, Panda Bear, Helplessness Blues, Eye Contact, Devin Townsend's Ghost, Dum Spiro Spero...

I've listened to 2 on that list. Guess which ones!
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 12/09/2011 23:11
  • Post subject:
Cults and Zonoscope? I dunno, those were the first two to pop into my head.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 12/09/2011 23:15
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
Cults and Zonoscope? I dunno, those were the first two to pop into my head.

Blech no.

Cut Copy? Sick

Cults didn't really sound that great from what I remember hearing (just from youtube).
  • Visit poster's website