Jackwc wrote:
Polythene Pam wrote:
Necharsian is the only one who is making sense here

I'm... I'm making sense too...

I'm doing you a favour by not agreeing with you Wink
Yourselfisntsteam

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:12
  • Post subject:
I think there is a Frank Zappa quote very relevant to this discussion on musical subject/objectivity (who needs your own opinions when you you can copy and paste other peoples!):

The Ultimate Rule ought to be: 'If it sounds GOOD to you, it's bitchin'; if it sounds BAD to YOU, it's shitty. The more your musical experience, the easier it is to define for yourself what you like and what you don't like. American radio listeners, raised on a diet of _____ (fill in the blank), have experienced a musical universe so small they cannot begin to know what they like.

anyways both sides have good points, I don't know where I stand...
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:18
  • Post subject:
not everything is subjective. a lot of shit is just bad. In 1950, shit was subjective, very few acts sucked if any. there were times when you had to be good to be broadcast to the public. Like i said in the 50's. It was all basically neutral. even if you didnt like it, it wasnt going to offend you. I guess the 60s werent too bad. SInce then more and more, all kinds of horrible offensive shit is allowed to be made. THis is just one part of it the whole situation, but it can't be ignored...by me at least.
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:28
  • Post subject:
kidamnesiac wrote:
not everything is subjective. a lot of shit is just bad. In 1950, shit was subjective, very few acts sucked if any.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

THAT IS SUBJECTIVE.

DOES ANYONE IN THIS THREAD KNOW WHAT SUBJECTIVE MEANS?

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:32
  • Post subject:
what is really funny is the fact that people dont understand that radiohead and sigur ros are the best bands ever, part of the reason they dont understand it is because they start out all of thier songs in a way that is less than fantastic yet with purpose and then they build up to euphoria. Alot of musicians somewhat try to to do this maybe but they have taken what floyd did and are doing it now way better becasuse they have the most shit to learn from and they are just the best. some people are too old and some people are too young and some people are just baddies and do not get it.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:35
  • Post subject:
kidamnesiac wrote:
what is really funny is the fact that people dont understand that radiohead and sigur ros are the best bands ever, part of the reason they dont understand it is because they start out all of thier songs in a way that is less than fantastic yet with purpose and then they build up to euphoria. Alot of musicians somewhat try to to do this maybe but they have taken what floyd did and are doing it now way better becasuse they have the most shit to learn from and they are just the best. some people are too old and some people are too young and some people are just baddies and do not get it.

I also agree that Radiohead and Sigur Ros are SOME of the best bands ever. Both in my top 10.

After that sentence, your argument makes little sense. If anything, you're just describing what progressive rock sounds like Laughing
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:36
  • Post subject:
...I... I can't tell if kidamnesiac is trolling or just thick.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:37
  • Post subject:
Anybody want to get back on topic? Or should we just continue trolling?
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
kidamnesiac

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:48
  • Post subject:
i am not wrong, half of all of the shit that you all listen to, those bands and solo acts, would be scared to play a show with radiohead or sigur ros. Alot of them would do it but if they toured with them, after the first couple of shows they would all be like "wtf, these mother fuckers are the best shit ever, its hard to even explain" 33-67 percent of everyone would say this, thom would be nervous to play with like 6 people and i have no clue who would make sigur ros nervous, maybe pink floyd circa 1972. SOrry but i am right. It is just the way it is.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 12/14/2011 01:53
  • Post subject:
kidamnesiac wrote:
i am not wrong, half of all of the shit that you all listen to, those bands and solo acts, would be scared to play a show with radiohead or sigur ros. Alot of them would do it but if they toured with them, after the first couple of shows they would all be like "wtf, these mother fuckers are the best shit ever, its hard to even explain" 33-67 percent of everyone would say this, thom would be nervous to play with like 6 people and i have no clue who would make sigur ros nervous, maybe pink floyd circa 1972. SOrry but i am right. It is just the way it is.

I have come to the conclusion that he's drunk. Neutral
  • Visit poster's website