Necharsian wrote:
FatherTime wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
FatherTime wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
FatherTime wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
FatherTime wrote:
Other than NIN and what's left of Sonic Youth, and of course Neil Young, there's no new music to get excited about. but I do understand how kids need to hype up new bands in their own minds. Very Happy

Laughing

Your name is soo ironic, since your soo stuck in the past.

But yeah. I feel like you just sit in a corner in your house somewhere (maybe the kitchen?) and cuddle with some Beatles LP continuously telling yourself how nothing could possibly be better. And while life goes on outside, you continue to cuddle, holding on to the belief that only you know best. But hey, security is more important than exploration, right?

And so you cuddle on...

That could be true if I hadn't listened to more new music in the last 10 years by tenfold than anyone here.

Let me guess, you don't respect Led Zep cause they copied Nickleback. Very Happy

Just because one didn't invent something, doesn't mean they can't improve upon it.

Of course not, and Led Zep is a perfect example of that.

So certainly someone in the past 10 years has been able to produce something worthwhile.

What is with you guys? I put a list on this thread of over 20 indie bands that I like. How many of you have jumped into the argument without actually reading the thread ? You obviously like to argue more than you like to read. ha

No, maybe what this could be is collective insecurity about the fact that most serious music lovers consider the current mainstream to be shit.

Ok the stuff in the bold: Shocked Question And that's not snobby?

FatherTime wrote:
Other than NIN and what's left of Sonic Youth, and of course Neil Young, there's no new music to get excited about. but I do understand how kids need to hype up new bands in their own minds.

You also said that. Whiiich was what I was referring to (if you would have read my first post here earlier, I quoted it Very Happy ) If you are going to segregate an entire section of music as bad, you should expect to get some backlash.

Sure! we all have opinions, some of us have strong ones. Snobby, no, it's just standing up for your own tastes. The part that was stupid was the 12 year old looking at my bio on my chart and using that to flame, then some utter imbecile calling me a troll for answering his dumb shit.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
FatherTime

United States

• Posted: 12/20/2011 20:24
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
19loveless91 wrote:
Bork wrote:
What's with all this hatred right before christmas. Even the Merry Christmas thread is a mess of derogatory remarks. Lighten up, the guy may be a douchebag but give him a chance to prove it first. All I saw was:
- "Alright, made a top list, what do you think?"
- "Get the hell out Douche!", "Don't feed the troll!"

Agreed. We had worse on forums. People are hating because of his chart description and his site but in reality they (we?) started the whole brawl not him

I'm sorrybut we've all seen his type on forums before: make incendiary and intentionally aggravating remarks and then act all innocent like he had no idea.

you mean we've all seen your type before, those who don't actually pay attention to the dialogue but want to chime in cause it gives you some sort of warm feeling like you belong or something. Smile
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
FatherTime

United States

• Posted: 12/20/2011 20:27
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
It's not a good way to introduce yourself to a forum. Admittedly you might not care what they have to say (But you surely do if you start a thread to get people to look at your chart) but what's the point in sharing your opinions on a forum if no one has any time for you?

No, the point is if you bother to make a chart, you might want to let people in the community know that you did. If you have convinced yourself at this juncture that I did something wrong in my introductory post, I think you need to step back and not be such a follower.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 12/20/2011 20:31
  • Post subject:
FatherTime wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
FatherTime wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
FatherTime wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
FatherTime wrote:
Necharsian wrote:
FatherTime wrote:
Other than NIN and what's left of Sonic Youth, and of course Neil Young, there's no new music to get excited about. but I do understand how kids need to hype up new bands in their own minds. Very Happy

Laughing

Your name is soo ironic, since your soo stuck in the past.

But yeah. I feel like you just sit in a corner in your house somewhere (maybe the kitchen?) and cuddle with some Beatles LP continuously telling yourself how nothing could possibly be better. And while life goes on outside, you continue to cuddle, holding on to the belief that only you know best. But hey, security is more important than exploration, right?

And so you cuddle on...

That could be true if I hadn't listened to more new music in the last 10 years by tenfold than anyone here.

Let me guess, you don't respect Led Zep cause they copied Nickleback. Very Happy

Just because one didn't invent something, doesn't mean they can't improve upon it.

Of course not, and Led Zep is a perfect example of that.

So certainly someone in the past 10 years has been able to produce something worthwhile.

What is with you guys? I put a list on this thread of over 20 indie bands that I like. How many of you have jumped into the argument without actually reading the thread ? You obviously like to argue more than you like to read. ha

No, maybe what this could be is collective insecurity about the fact that most serious music lovers consider the current mainstream to be shit.

Ok the stuff in the bold: Shocked Question And that's not snobby?

FatherTime wrote:
Other than NIN and what's left of Sonic Youth, and of course Neil Young, there's no new music to get excited about. but I do understand how kids need to hype up new bands in their own minds.

You also said that. Whiiich was what I was referring to (if you would have read my first post here earlier, I quoted it Very Happy ) If you are going to segregate an entire section of music as bad, you should expect to get some backlash.

Sure! we all have opinions, some of us have strong ones. Snobby, no, it's just standing up for your own tastes. The part that was stupid was the 12 year old looking at my bio on my chart and using that to flame, then some utter imbecile calling me a troll for answering his dumb shit.

Right, but saying "most serious music lovers consider the current mainstream to be shit" makes you sound like a music snob.

"Oh you actually like a Rihanna song? Then you can't possibly be a fan of music."
  • Visit poster's website
FatherTime

United States

• Posted: 12/20/2011 20:40
  • Post subject:
It's just banter about tastes. I checked and it seems like a lot of people here have strong opinions. You're getting that confused with picking fights offtopic which is what happened here. If you want to think my opinions suck or my musical tastes suck, so be it, you're in the arena. But gatekeeping based on what's in my bio, and then complaining when I respond, that's just weak.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 12/20/2011 20:46
  • Post subject:
FatherTime wrote:
It's just banter about tastes. I checked and it seems like a lot of people here have strong opinions. You're getting that confused with picking fights offtopic which is what happened here. If you want to think my opinions suck or my musical tastes suck, so be it, you're in the arena. But gatekeeping based on what's in my bio, and then complaining when I respond, that's just weak.

I don't think I ever did that... The only things that I've talked about here is in response to something you've posted...
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 12/20/2011 20:50
  • Post subject:
FatherTime wrote:
Jhereko wrote:
It's not a good way to introduce yourself to a forum. Admittedly you might not care what they have to say (But you surely do if you start a thread to get people to look at your chart) but what's the point in sharing your opinions on a forum if no one has any time for you?

No, the point is if you bother to make a chart, you might want to let people in the community know that you did. If you have convinced yourself at this juncture that I did something wrong in my introductory post, I think you need to step back and not be such a follower.

At no point did I say the issue was in your introductory post, the problem was in the way you chose to respond to people. Admittedly a lot of people came in guns blazing but if you have a chart comment like that (the chart you requested everyone view) you have to expect some backlash or you're just possibly incredibly oblivious to how youre words come across.

Does the fact that 80% of this thread has nothing to do with the thread topic (your chart) but is all about how you come across to people mean anything to you? I'm guessing probably not seeing as you like to fight with each and every comment that's posted.
purple

• Posted: 12/20/2011 21:03
  • Post subject:
Father Time, your introduction to the forums was an immature one; most forum users post charts and if you interact with us by posting on pre-existing threads, creating creatively original threads, or commenting on and rating others charts then we will find your chart and comment on it and rate it. Creating a thread to announce that you posted a chart is awkward, because that's what you do on this site; it's like a dude walking up to a girl and saying, 'Hi, I'm a male.'

That being said you haven't done anything wrong. You were attacked first, responded with posts that would naturally draw fire (e.g. most recent music isn't so great), and started some debate which is good and natural. Your tone is all wrong for argument though, and this has been less of a debate then a free-for-all flame contest. Respond with care and you'll receive responses with care; this doesn't mean you have to dilute your opinions, just watch your wording because some of the claims you've made are pompous and untrue (e.g. you've listened to more '00s music than anyone here).

Welcome to the BEA forums, but I can tell you that you'll only be truly welcomed if you tame yourself a bit. Do some searching through pre-existing threads to post in before you create a new one, please. Your intro thread is useless; I know there are pre-existing threads for favorite recording artists; and I'm pretty sure you could have found a pre-existing thread in which to post your favorite soul songs. We want to see your posts and your opinions, but we don't want 'your musical superiority' hinted at in any post unless it's done in humor.

To everyone else, back off the guy and see if he becomes agreeable after awhile.
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 12/20/2011 21:07
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:
Father Time, your introduction to the forums was an immature one; most forum users post charts and if you interact with us by posting on pre-existing threads, creating creatively original threads, or commenting on and rating others charts then we will find your chart and comment on it and rate it. Creating a thread to announce that you posted a chart is awkward, because that's what you do on this site; it's like a dude walking up to a girl and saying, 'Hi, I'm a male.'

That being said you haven't done anything wrong. You were attacked first, responded with posts that would naturally draw fire (e.g. most recent music isn't so great), and started some debate which is good and natural. Your tone is all wrong for argument though, and this has been less of a debate then a free-for-all flame contest. Respond with care and you'll receive responses with care; this doesn't mean you have to dilute your opinions, just watch your wording because some of the claims you've made are pompous and untrue (e.g. you've listened to more '00s music than anyone here).

Welcome to the BEA forums, but I can tell you that you'll only be truly welcomed if you tame yourself a bit. Do some searching through pre-existing threads to post in before you create a new one, please. Your intro thread is useless; I know there are pre-existing threads for favorite recording artists; and I'm pretty sure you could have found a pre-existing thread in which to post your favorite soul songs. We want to see your posts and your opinions, but we don't want 'your musical superiority' hinted at in any post unless it's done in humor.

To everyone else, back off the guy and see if he becomes agreeable after awhile.

clap clap clap
(edit: no sarcasm.. This thread needed a comment like that)
  • Visit poster's website
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 12/21/2011 03:45
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

Totally agree. Thanks purple.
  • Visit poster's website