Hey kids!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 01/08/2012 14:25
  • Post subject: Hey kids!!!!
... want a new album by Talking Heads? Very Happy Sure you do!

Well your favorite guys and girl recorded a new album in 1981... THAT WAS HIDDEN! Yes, they recorded under a different alias. Not only that, it was one which was already taken as to avoid detection

So what is this album? How have I never heard about it until now? Are you just pulling my leg again Outlaw?

No not at all dear listener Smile In fact, I may give you instructions to acquire this album. Right now! How about that? Very Happy

Here is what you will do:

1. Go to your local music dealer. Catch the bus or drive the car if it is far.

2. Locate someone who is working their and/or looks like they are working.

3. Approach them in a cordial but assertive manner.

4. In a clear loud voice announce to them "I wish to purchase the music album Discipline by King Crimson, may you please show me to this piece".

5. Upon arrival to where the album is displayed, take it off the shelf, thank the staff member and bid them farewell.

6. Pay for the album at the counter... you know, I probably should have mentioned it cost money at the very beginning so... like go to the bank or something if you don't have any and repeat from step 1 when you get back.

7. Well... listen to it.

Congratulations! You now own the hidden Talking Heads album! A clear follow up from the first four and one to please those who love them.
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 01/08/2012 14:41
  • Post subject: Re: Hey kids!!!!
an_outlaw wrote:
... want a new album by Talking Heads? Very Happy Sure you do!

Well your favorite guys and girl recorded a new album in 1981... THAT WAS HIDDEN! Yes, they recorded under a different alias. Not only that, it was one which was already taken as to avoid detection

So what is this album? How have I never heard about it until now? Are you just pulling my leg again Outlaw?

No not at all dear listener Smile In fact, I may give you instructions to acquire this album. Right now! How about that? Very Happy

Here is what you will do:

1. Go to your local music dealer. Catch the bus or drive the car if it is far.

2. Locate someone who is working their and/or looks like they are working.

3. Approach them in a cordial but assertive manner.

4. In a clear loud voice announce to them "I wish to purchase the music album Discipline by King Crimson, may you please show me to this piece".

5. Upon arrival to where the album is displayed, take it off the shelf, thank the staff member and bid them farewell.

6. Pay for the album at the counter... you know, I probably should have mentioned it cost money at the very beginning so... like go to the bank or something if you don't have any and repeat from step 1 when you get back.

7. Well... listen to it.

Congratulations! You now own the hidden Talking Heads album! A clear follow up from the first four and one to please those who love them.

I lawled. I'm not a fan of David Byrne and company (maybe I'll understand Remain in (the Razz ) Light one day, but not not), but even as a King Crimson fan, I've never listened to Discipline.

Is it really that new-wavey and electronic?

If so...
Applause Applause Applause Applause
Shame on you
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 01/08/2012 21:40
  • Post subject:
Discipline is fantastic and I guess I can see the Talking Heads parallels. But I think Adrian Belew played live with them a lot and also he did quite a bit of recording on 'Remain In The Light', so maybe that's where the similarity stems from.