Login when following link

View previous topic :: View next topic
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 01/28/2012 21:08
  • Post subject: Login when following link
Just a minor gripe:

When you click the link in an e-mail generated by one of the albums you follow, then log in, you are taken back to the main page instead of staying where you are. It would probably be better if you'd just be returned to the spot you were at after completing the login.

Which brings me to the second thing. I don't stay logged in any more. I used to but now I get logged out a few times a day, even if I keep the website open all the time. It's probably something with my computer but just thought I'd mention it in case it isn't.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/28/2012 21:29
  • Post subject:
I'll look into the issue with the login. Yes, the login should redirect to the page that you were viewing before you logged in, so I'll get that fixed.

If you check the 'remember me' checkbox, it should keep you logged in until the cookie expires (which I think is a year but I'd have to check).

The only reason that I can think of that a login would not be remembered is if something on the PC is deleting the cookie (e.g. an anti-spyware program), or the cookie is being ignored by your browser (e.g. a privacy setting or browser add-on is blocking it). Which browser are you using?

I'll do some checking this end to make sure everything is OK, but the login code has not been changed for well over a year & nothing new has been introduced recently which would have affected it.
  • Visit poster's website
Bork
Executive Hillbilly

United States

• Posted: 01/28/2012 21:42
  • Post subject:
albummaster wrote:
I'll look into the issue with the login. Yes, the login should redirect to the page that you were viewing before you logged in, so I'll get that fixed.

If you check the 'remember me' checkbox, it should keep you logged in until the cookie expires (which I think is a year but I'd have to check).

The only reason that I can think of that a login would not be remembered is if something on the PC is deleting the cookie (e.g. an anti-spyware program), or the cookie is being ignored by your browser (e.g. a privacy setting or browser add-on is blocking it). Which browser are you using?

I'll do some checking this end to make sure everything is OK, but the login code has not been changed for well over a year & nothing new has been introduced recently which would have affected it.

Yeah, it's probably something on my computer. No need to spend time on it, just figured I'd mention it in case there were others experiencing a similar issue. I use Mozilla Firefox, but I've been doing that for a long time and it has worked fine before. Whether I check the box or not doesn't make a difference. I did add an anti-malware software a while back and that may have caused it.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 01/29/2012 08:46
  • Post subject:
I think I'll look at it anyway as I'm in the process of changing the site template around a little bit, and this is something I can do at the same time. (Some browser settings can interfere with cookies as well and I'd be interested for myself to see what's doing it).
  • Visit poster's website