New Moderators

View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/07/2012 08:56
  • Post subject: New Moderators
Last year, BEA introduced a small team of moderators, primarily to help create a bit more order on the forums. We started off with a team of three people, who have all done a great job, but now the site has increased in size again, and we need to add more coverage.

I know some people will see more moderators as a negative step, but it's important that BEA continues to be a fun and safe place to hang out, and extra moderators will help to facilitate that.

We currently have three people (including myself) who are based in Europe, and one person in Australia. A couple of weeks ago there was a post saying that BEA would be looking to add two or three new moderators based in either US/Australia/Canada/NZ, and as a result of that two people have come forward to volunteer (one person from Canada and one from New Zealand). To ensure that all the major countries are represented, we now need one person from US.

Moderator responsibilities:
The main aim of having moderators here is to help keep things in order, and to ensure that all our members have a good experience on the site without things getting too heated/personal etc. There are also a few small housekeeping tasks such as moving posts to the correct forum, and helping people if they raise queries. Over time, additional tools will be added so that moderators are able to do more things.

Selection process:
In terms of personality, it is important that moderators are friendly, and they also need the ability to not get too caught up in the heat of the moment (which is not always easy)! By all means, have fun and join the debate, but it's important that moderators try and lead by example.

PM me if you would like to come forward as a potential moderator. Please only volunteer if you are reasonably active on the site (Level 5 or over & over 500 forum posts), at least 18 years old, and (this time around) based in the US. I think it's important that we have people who have been with us a while, and are out of high-school (especially with some of the new privacy laws looming in the background).

If subsequent to being selected, a person decides to withdraw, BEA will repeat the above process to select new/replacement moderators. (Also, BEA reserves the right to revoke moderator access in the case that a user abuses their powers, becomes inactive etc.)

albummaster
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/07/2012 10:26
  • Post subject:

I nominate jbarajas Very Happy

Anxious

Shocked

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2012 10:45
  • Post subject:
These are some people I would like to see consider this (and unfortunately one of them just left):

40 Foot Wolf
Romanelli
Hayden
Bork
ffudnebuh
  • Visit poster's website