Song Quote Suggestions

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 233, 234, 235  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/19/2018 20:55
  • Post subject:
We've not voted any new song quotes since last August, and there's a fair number of new submissions since then, so I think we're due another round of voting! Anything that has been submitted since the last competition (post #2036 onwards) will be automatically up for vote, so no need to re-submit, and I encourage anyone else to submit their own favourites.

I'll paste below the 'rules' we've been using before:

Background:
At the top of every page on BEA, there is a line from a song which are nice to read, but after a while you've read them all. Post here your favourite quotes from songs, and we'll vote the best ones onto the site.

Rules:
  • Lyrics should be no longer than 80 characters (one or two lines of a song) to fit in the site masthead. They should be credited to the original artist (no cover versions), must not contain profanity, and should be recognizable to the majority of visitors. This is what 80 characters looks like:

12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

• The preferred format for your song quotes is on a single line as follows (the name of the song helps to verify the quote). It takes a long time to assemble all of your quotes for voting, so it would be very helpful if your submissions could be in this format:

Quote - Artist (Song)

e.g.
    Thinking is the best way to travel - The Moody Blues (The Best Way To Travel)
    And in the end, the love you take, Is equal to the love you make - The Beatles (The End)

• There is a maximum of 50 quotes per person (otherwise voting becomes unmanageable). If more than 50 quotes are submitted, only the first 50 will be put to vote.

• There's a list of existing quotes here which is pretty up to date. (I'll post a fresh one when time allows).

• After a week or so, we'll draw up a short-list and vote the best quotes onto the site.

N.B. All quotes submitted since the end of the last competition will automatically be included in the voting this time around (everything up until the post immediately preceding this one), so no need to re-submit them. Please do not modify existing posts prior to this date as submissions have already been collected. If you have any more quotes to add, please create a new post.

Last edited by albummaster on 02/26/2018 11:40; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 02/20/2018 02:58
  • Post subject:
The snow was gone and we got lost.The beds were small but we felt so young. It was just like Christmas. - Low
When they finally let us out, we tracked down our accusers; and when we finally let them out, they brought up different charges. - Low
We'll call it starfire. Who will know? - Low
I had in my sight lack of vision, lack of light. I fell hard. I fell fast. Mercy me, it'll never last. - Low
She's a sinker; I should have taught her how to swim. And I'm swingin' so high. - Low
Please don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them - Nico
Measure each step, look straight up ahead, and don't forget to breathe - The For Carnation
I'm gonna grind me a White Castle slider out of India's sacred cow. Well I'm going down to Florida, child - Butthole Surfers
When I see your pretty brown skin oh it makes me want to sin. Why won't you let me in? - Butthole Surfers
The pounding on my window's just the pounding in my head. I wonder who was in my room last night. Who the hell was in my bed? - Butthole Surfers
I didn't know where to shake my butt. Walked backwards, fucked like a fox . I was more fucked up than your sister's tackle box. Three a.m. at five o'clock - Butthole Surfers
On this day, I've lost faith! - June of 44
You don't have to say sorry for all the things you failed to do. You don't have to say sorry for all the times when everything fell through - Preoccupations
Candy said she's made arrangements for me in the sand and Candy said she wants me with her down in Candyland - Morphine
I run good but I'm hard to start and my brakes are bad so I'm hard to stop - Morphine
Liedzeit

Germany

• Posted: 02/20/2018 10:37
  • Post subject:
In every other song that I've heard lately some fellow gets shot - Bob Luman (Let's Think About Living)
TheKing

• Posted: 02/20/2018 14:23
  • Post subject:
"And her heart is breaking in front of me, I have no choice 'cause I won't say goodbye anymore" - Maroon 5 (This Love)
"Every Sunday's getting more bleak, a fresh poison each week" - Hozier (Take Me To Church)
"Every inch of sky's got a star, every inch of skin's got a scar" - Arcade Fire (Everything Now)
"No one knows me like the piano in my mother's home" - Sampha ((No One Knows Me) Like The Piano)
"Hey, if I smile with my teeth, bet you believe me" - Paramore (Fake Happy)
"But we're the greatest, they'll hang us in the Louvre" - Lorde (The Louvre)
"What the fuck are perfect places anyway?" - Lorde (Perfect Places)
"Oh, what a bore to be so adored" - St. Vincent (Masseduction)
"If you never see 'em coming, you'll never have to hide" - Perfume Genius (Slip Away)
"The original wound, the origin of the world" - Jenny Hval (Conceptual Romance)
"When you call my name, it's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there" - Madonna (Like A Prayer)
  • Visit poster's website
thirstyDog

• Posted: 02/20/2018 18:56
  • Post subject:
"Who's that swinging from the gallow tree? Up jumped the devil and took my soul from me" -Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (Up Jumped the Devil)
thirstyDog

• Posted: 02/22/2018 23:39
  • Post subject:
"My eyes fell out. They're right next to you. Are those mine? I thought that I should ask" -Pile (Big Web)

"He will only dance to a dial tone. He lives on function and function alone" -Pile (Bump a Grape)

"And all the while, there were spiders in my butt, crawlin' around" -Pile (Bump a Grape)
thirstyDog

• Posted: 02/23/2018 23:18
  • Post subject:
"In the hazy light of forest fire smoke I looked across at the refinery and thought that the world is actually constantly ending" -Mount Eerie (Forest Fire)

"And I remember thinking that the last time it rained here you were alive still, and that this same long heat that I was in contained you" -Mount Eerie (Forest Fire)
PaperVinnie

United States

• Posted: 02/24/2018 14:18
  • Post subject:
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

1. "Someone told me there's a girl out there With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair" - Led Zeppelin (Going to California) [There might already be a quote from this song that appears sometimes, but I like this one a lot]

2. "I'll be grazing by your window Please come pat me on the head" - Dinosaur Jr (In a Jar)

3. "Driving in my car, smoking my cigar, The only time I'm happy's when I play my guitar" - Cream (N.S.U)

4. "I know I'll often stop and think about them, in my life I love you more" - The Beatles (In My Life)

5. "Watch out, the world's behind you" - The Velvet Underground & Nico (Sunday Morning)

6. "Look into his eyes and you will see, that men are not alone on the diamond sea" - Sonic Youth (The Diamond Sea)

7. "I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar" - David Bowie (Blackstar)

8. "Look up here, I'm in heaven" - David Bowie (Lazarus)

9. "Rape, murder! It's just a shot away, it's just a shot away" - The Rolling Stones (Gimme Shelter)

10. "It is now my duty to completely drain you" - Nirvana (Drain You)

11. "Who wants honey, as long as there's some money, who wants that honey?" - The Smashing Pumpkins (Cherub Rock)

12. "Who cares what it does, since you broke my heart" - The Velvet Underground (Who Loves the Sun)

Might add more to this comment if I think of any others.
  • Visit poster's website
TheKing

• Posted: 02/25/2018 17:22
  • Post subject:
Can we get a full list of quotes that have been added to the site?
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/26/2018 11:25
  • Post subject:
PaperVinnie wrote:
Might add more to this comment if I think of any others.

Thanks for those ones, but please make a new post for any additions...
  • Visit poster's website