Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 210, 211, 212 ... 233, 234, 235  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/26/2018 11:35
  • Post subject:
TheKing wrote:
Can we get a full list of quotes that have been added to the site?

If it helps, there's a list here which is pretty up to date (only one competition since then).
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 02/26/2018 11:36
  • Post subject:
Last call for any submissions. We'll start voting in a few days...

(sorry for multiple posts, didn't want this getting lost)
  • Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 02/27/2018 01:27
  • Post subject:
"It's a tokyo night when you feel alright!" - Ariel Pink

this site needs more ariel
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/01/2018 14:25
  • Post subject:
Thank you for everybody's submissions. Listed below are all of the suggestions put forward since the last time we voted. I've trimmed the list by culling quotes over 80 characters, I've removed some duplicates that are already on the site, some that contain profanity, and others I've trimmed down to size where I could. 80 characters isn't a hard and fast rule, I've allowed several in the low 80s where the artist name is fairly short.

To make the vote easier to keep track of, each lyric has been assigned a sequence number.

Please keep the sequence number in your votes, or they won't be counted (sorry). There's no extra work for people to do since all you have to do is copy and paste the selections below (everything after the *** markers) into your post and delete the quotes you don't like.

Only your first post will count, so please try to get it right first time. Please don't vote twice or re-edit your vote afterwards (e.g. to change your mind after you've already voted) as this just complicates the tallying up of votes.

There are 82 quotes to pick from. I suggest everyone pick a maximum of 30 favourites, and the ones receiving the most votes in the next seven days will be added to the site. (If you list more than the stated number of votes, extra entries beyond the maximum will not be counted.)

The winning quotes will be tidied up/verified/corrected once the voting is complete, but if anyone spots any major errors, don't be shy to let me know! None of these quotes have been checked for correctness yet. These are pretty much directly copied from people's submissions with minor alterations to get them into one list. The list below will be updated for any corrections that people report in subsequent replies, and any duplicates already on the site will be removed.

001. Brad's full of crap - Brad Sucks
002. The cardinalfish says "God is dead". Well said, get out of my head - Brand New 
003. Please don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them - Nico 
004. I'm gonna keep you in love with me, for a while. - The National
005. Here's a song for my landlord, I'm sorry for the holes in the wall - Adia Victoria
006. I don't know nothing 'bout southern belles, but I can tell you something 'bout southern hell - Adia Victoria
007. Every inch of sky's got a star, every inch of skin's got a scar - Arcade Fire
008. It's a tokyo night when you feel alright! - Ariel Pink 
009. It seems like everybody got the blues, but I had 'em a long time - B.B. King
010. Not to be lewd, police sketch crude. River Styx booze cruise lose-lose - Billy Woods
011. Peace to famous rappers who let me open their shows - Billy Woods
012. In every other song that I've heard lately some fellow gets shot - Bob Luman
013. I got a positive message, I just can't get it out - Brand New
014. Some men die under a mountain just looking for gold, some die looking for a hand to hold - Brand New
015. I see God in birds and Satan in long words - Brand New 
016. I don't like this air, but that doesn't mean I'll stop breathing it - Built to Spill, Center of the Universe
017. I wonder who was in my room last night. Who the hell was in my bed? - Butthole Surfers 
018. -
019. When I see your pretty brown skin oh it makes me want to sin. Why won't you let me in? - Butthole Surfers 
020. Two, four, six, eight, They brainwash and teach you hate - Charles Mingus
021. There ain't no room, for the hopeless sinner, who would hurt all mankind, just to save his own - Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions
022. I'll climb a ladder to the northern lights, to wipe the tears from your pale blue eyes - Deep Sea Diver
023. I don't need no special fix to anaesthetise me - Girls Aloud 
024. Every Sunday's getting more bleak, a fresh poison each week - Hozier
025. God you're so pretty. Your smile is unforgiving - Jay Som
026. The original wound, the origin of the world - Jenny Hval
027. On this day, I've lost faith! - June of 44 
028. My left stroke just went viral - Kendrick Lamar
029. I'm Jigglypuff with it, I suggest you do not sleep - Le1f
030. I'm making music to cry to - Lil Peep
031. You used to love me then, I know it's not the same - Lil Peep
032. Have you ever seen a man this rich, this broke, this lost in the smoke? Please pray for me - Lil Peep 
033. Look at the sky tonight, all of the stars have a reason - Lil Peep 
034. Right now I know that I'm not really worth it. If you give me time, I can work on it - Lil Peep 
035. This music's the only thing keepin' the peace when I'm fallin' to pieces - Lil Peep 
036. When I die bury me with all my ice on - Lil Peep 
037. All My friends are dead, Push me to the edge - Lil Uzi Vert 
038. -
039. But we're the greatest, they'll hang us in the Louvre - Lorde
040. The beds were small but we felt so young. It was just like Christmas - Low
041. -
042. She's a sinker; I should have taught her how to swim. And I'm swingin' so high. - Low  - Low 
043. We'll call it starfire. Who will know? - Low 
044. When you call my name, it's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there - Madonna
045. The worst hated God who perpetrated odd favors, demonstrated in the perforated Rod Lavers - Madvillain
046. God is a number you cannot count to" - Marilyn Manson
047. And her heart is breaking in front of me, I have no choice 'cause I won't say goodbye anymore - Maroon 5
048. DON'T CALL ME STUPID, THAT AINT THE WAY MY NAME PRONOUNCED - Merlyn Wood
049. I run good but I'm hard to start and my brakes are bad so I'm hard to stop - Morphine
050. - 
051. Breath becoming clouds, becoming rain, uprooting hillsides, dissolving bones. - Mount Eerie
052. The first dead body I ever saw in real life was my great-grandfather’s - Mount Eerie
053. Rise up and take the power back, It's time the fat cats had a heart attack - Muse
054. Who's that swinging from the gallow tree? Up jumped the devil and took my soul from me - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
055. Hey, if I smile with my teeth, bet you believe me - Paramore
056. If you never see 'em coming, you'll never have to hide - Perfume Genius 
057. A strangled lust was thrown to float into death alone - Pile
058. I just wanna cook up something good for you. I want you to eat my food - Pile
059. It all means so much but never matters enough - Pile
060. May every good deed be in self interest - Pile
061. You miss the things that turn you pink, but those deeds can't be touched, neither can you - Pile
062. My eyes fell out. They're right next to you. Are those mine? I thought that I should ask - Pile 
063. And all the while, there were spiders in my butt, crawlin' around - Pile
064. He will only dance to a dial tone. He lives on function and function alone - Pile
065. -
066. Ambition makes you look pretty ugly, Kicking, squealing Gucci little piggy - Radiohead
067. And radio has salmonella - Radiohead
068. No one knows me like the piano in my mother's home - Sampha
069. I'm the only one left alive - Scott Walker
070. -
071. Oh, what a bore to be so adored - St. Vincent 
072. My man is my man is your man, her, this her man too - SZA
073. I use my body like a handshake. Count and see all the friends I've made - Thao & Mirah
074. I can give you what you want and none of all you don't - Thao & Mirah 
075. I am sick with my effort. I am sick without yours - Thao and Mirah
076. I'm coming over to remind you of me - Thao and Mirah
077. No you can't lay there; that's where we used to sleep - Thao and Mirah
078. Measure each step, look straight up ahead, and don't forget to breathe - The For Carnation 
079. I'm a little like you, Ugly on the inside - The Radio Dept. 
080. When I look at you, heaven's on fire, I wish I didn't know you better, but it's pointless - The Radio Dept. 
081. I follow you 'round like a dog. I'm a dog, I'm a dog, I'm a lapdog. I'm your lapdog, yeah - Thom Yorke
082. You like digging holes in water, and we know that can't be done - Ugly Casanova
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/01/2018 14:34
  • Post subject:
My votes:

007. Every inch of sky's got a star, every inch of skin's got a scar - Arcade Fire
009. It seems like everybody got the blues, but I had 'em a long time - B.B. King
013. I got a positive message, I just can't get it out - Brand New
046. God is a number you cannot count to" - Marilyn Manson
051. Breath becoming clouds, becoming rain, uprooting hillsides, dissolving bones. - Mount Eerie
053. Rise up and take the power back, It's time the fat cats had a heart attack - Muse
054. Who's that swinging from the gallow tree? Up jumped the devil and took my soul from me - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
060. May every good deed be in self interest - Pile
068. No one knows me like the piano in my mother's home - Sampha
075. I am sick with my effort. I am sick without yours - Thao and Mirah
  • Visit poster's website
TheKing

• Posted: 03/01/2018 14:44
  • Post subject:
005. Here's a song for my landlord, I'm sorry for the holes in the wall - Adia Victoria
011. Peace to famous rappers who let me open their shows - Billy Woods
016. I don't like this air, but that doesn't mean I'll stop breathing it - Built to Spill, Center of the Universe
024. Every Sunday's getting more bleak, a fresh poison each week - Hozier (Take Me To Church)
026. The original wound, the origin of the world - Jenny Hval (Conceptual Romance)
032. Have you ever seen a man this rich, this broke, this lost in the smoke? Please pray for me - Lil Peep
038. What the fuck are perfect places anyway? - Lorde (Perfect Places)
039. But we're the greatest, they'll hang us in the Louvre - Lorde (The Louvre)
044. When you call my name, it's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there - Madonna (Like A Prayer)
045. The worst hated God who perpetrated odd favors, demonstrated in the perforated Rod Lavers - Madvillain
047. And her heart is breaking in front of me, I have no choice 'cause I won't say goodbye anymore - Maroon 5 (This Love)
055. Hey, if I smile with my teeth, bet you believe me - Paramore (Fake Happy)
056. If you never see 'em coming, you'll never have to hide - Perfume Genius (Slip Away)
059. It all means so much but never matters enough - Pile
064. He will only dance to a dial tone. He lives on function and function alone - Pile (Bump a Grape)
067. And radio has salmonella - Radiohead
068. No one knows me like the piano in my mother's home - Sampha ((No One Knows Me) Like The Piano)
071. Oh, what a bore to be so adored - St. Vincent (Masseduction)
073. I use my body like a handshake. Count and see all the friends I've made - Thao & Mirah
081. I follow you 'round like a dog. I'm a dog, I'm a dog, I'm a lapdog. I'm your lapdog, yeah - Thom Yorke
082. You like digging holes in water, and we know that can't be done - Ugly Casanova
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 03/02/2018 12:41
  • Post subject:
just a quick bump for more votes...
  • Visit poster's website
Antonio-Pedro
Subspace Highway Traveler

Brazil

• Posted: 03/02/2018 18:48
  • Post subject:
Voting is a good way to exercise musical democracy Very Happy

022. I'll climb a ladder to the northern lights, to wipe the tears from your pale blue eyes - Deep Sea Diver
024. Every Sunday's getting more bleak, a fresh poison each week - Hozier
025. God you're so pretty. Your smile is unforgiving - Jay Som
028. My left stroke just went viral - Kendrick Lamar
044. When you call my name, it's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there - Madonna
064. He will only dance to a dial tone. He lives on function and function alone - Pile
071. Oh, what a bore to be so adored - St. Vincent 
080. When I look at you, heaven's on fire, I wish I didn't know you better, but it's pointless - The Radio Dept. 
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 03/02/2018 23:52
  • Post subject:
017. I wonder who was in my room last night. Who the hell was in my bed? - Butthole Surfers 
019. When I see your pretty brown skin oh it makes me want to sin. Why won't you let me in? - Butthole Surfers 
021. There ain't no room, for the hopeless sinner, who would hurt all mankind, just to save his own - Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions
023. I don't need no special fix to anaesthetise me - Girls Aloud 
027. On this day, I've lost faith! - June of 44 
042. She's a sinker; I should have taught her how to swim. And I'm swingin' so high. - Low  - Low 
049. I run good but I'm hard to start and my brakes are bad so I'm hard to stop - Morphine
069. I'm the only one left alive - Scott Walker
078. Measure each step, look straight up ahead, and don't forget to breathe - The For Carnation 
undefined

• Posted: 03/02/2018 23:59
  • Post subject:
010. Not to be lewd, police sketch crude. River Styx booze cruise lose-lose - Billy Woods
029. I'm Jigglypuff with it, I suggest you do not sleep - Le1f
034. Right now I know that I'm not really worth it. If you give me time, I can work on it - Lil Peep 
052. The first dead body I ever saw in real life was my great-grandfather’s - Mount Eerie
056. If you never see 'em coming, you'll never have to hide - Perfume Genius 
058. I just wanna cook up something good for you. I want you to eat my food - Pile