Pierro Scaruffi

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
JohnnyRocketFingers

• Posted: 11/29/2008 20:33
  • Post subject: Pierro Scaruffi
His music reviews are great and almost all of the albums he rates highly i enjoy greatly but after reading his policital views his seems a bit nutty to say the least.

Comments such as:

I would rather vote for marriage between more than one person (as long as there is a man and a woman) than homosexual marriage

If a democrat would have been president during the iraq war, sadaam would have killed many more people and would have gotten his hands on weapons of mass destruction

Bush did what Obama promised: fight lobbies, special interests, corruption. Obama (not famous for throwing too many votes in his career) stood on the other side, next to the lobbies, the special interests, the corrupt politicians. Change?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F10tP5HIpaA
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 11/30/2008 02:50
  • Post subject:
?????
WTF is wrong with gay marriage???

Saddam killed people, but he could never have gotten his hands on WMDs. He didn't have the resources.

Obama voted with Democrats 97% of the time. Agree with Bush? If I had time I'd post at least 10 major differences in policies. But I'm fuckin' tired...
  • Visit poster's website
joannajewsom

• Posted: 11/30/2008 18:46
  • Post subject:
Scaruffi is an odd individual indeed, and I am quite thrown off by his political views. I just assumed that the guy who is so appreciative of a wide variety of art and culture would be more liberal than anything else. I'm interested in reading his political essays and so on.

Perusing the Scaruffi Knowledge Base, as he calls his website, makes for a really strange experience. He has a page with the "Greatest Places in the World", which includes his ranking of the most beautiful cities- a separate list for small towns, greatest churches, best markets, greatest mountains to hike, etc. What kind of person sits down to rank this kind of stuff? It's really weird. Maybe he should start a website called bestevermountains.com

However, nothing beats his "mottos for the afterlife", which can be found in the poetry section of website. I promise you, it will change your life.
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 11/30/2008 19:15
  • Post subject:
Maybe its all meant to be satirical and sarcastic, you know, the political stuff.
Maybe he's just really bored. I mean, finding the most beautiful places in the world isn't hard if you've been there and/or google it.
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 11/30/2008 19:22
  • Post subject:
From what you've posted it appears that he has conservative political views, though I'd be surprised if he neatly belongs to the Right or Left because the guy is an Individual.

By saying he prefers polygamous to homosexual marriages, he clearly prefers relationships where children are created. I strongly disagree because there's enough people in this world, and gay people have been greatly oppressed for too long. Many gay people adopt children that have been neglected by heterosexual couples and made exceptional parents. I think his opinion on gays is pitiful.

I do, however, share his sentiments about Democrats. If a democract is president, that doesn't automatically make the world a better place, even domestically. Republicans and Democrats are primarily interested in forming policies based on the views of the corporate world.

Take the Clinton administration for example. They bombed a pharmacy in Sudan killing hundreds of innoncent people. The pharmacy supplied medication for the citizens and thousands died as a result. That was a terrorist attack which generated more victims that Sept 11th, yet no action was taken after the bombing.

Granted, voting Democrat is generally viewed as the lesser of two evils. If I were American I would have voted Ralph Nader. That guy actually wants to represent the views of the citizens, not just big business. I certainly do not swallow this vague propaganda of Obama - Change, Unity, Progress. Whatever else, it's meaningless. The guy is more war hungry than Bush for Christ's sake, though he's not as bad as Hilary.
  • Visit poster's website
JohnnyRocketFingers

• Posted: 12/02/2008 00:01
  • Post subject:
Quote:
Maybe its all meant to be satirical and sarcastic, you know, the political stuff.
Maybe he's just really bored.

I doubt he's doing this as a joke (although i wish it were).

I'm perfectly fine with being having conservative views but denying gays marriage is just cruel. and i can't believe that some people actually think that others just choose to be gay. Who would choose to be ridiculed, denied rights, and looked down upon by society?

When it comes to politics there are a few things that i cannot stand. The first is, people who have been born into the middle and upper class and have never experienced living in a poor family that is just getting by and say that my money is mine and i shouldn't have to give any away. I am sure all of those people would want some money if they were put in a situation where life is rough.

Second, is people who say someone can't do a job because of race, religion, sex, etc. For example people who say Hilary or Palin are unqualified solely because they are women. Or McCain can't do anything because he's too old. Or Obama can't be our president because he's black.

Third, PEOPLE WHO SAY GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T REAL OR SAY WE SHOULDN'T DO ANYTING ABOUT IT. This is ridiculous and is just a one way ticket to very hot end of the human race. Solving global warming, to me, is the number one most important issue because if it isn't stopped we'll all screwed and the other issues won't matter.

Fourth, Extremists, Fundamentalists, Hypocrites, Radicals, Anarchists, and lastly, people who think they are 100% right and everyone else is wrong[/quote]

Last edited by JohnnyRocketFingers on 12/02/2008 20:44; edited 3 times in total
  • Visit poster's website
maxxy

United States

• Posted: 12/02/2008 00:15
  • Post subject:
Elston wrote:
I would have voted Ralph Nader. That guy actually wants to represent the views of the citizens, not just big business. I certainly do not swallow this vague propaganda of Obama - Change, Unity, Progress. Whatever else, it's meaningless. The guy is more war hungry than Bush for Christ's sake, though he's not as bad as Hilary.

Mmm I respect that if you want to vote for Nader. He does fell strongly about what he stands for, and a lot of what he stands for is good. The problem is, again, that the United States has a two party system and an electoral college, which makes it impossible for third party candidates. But that's old news. Oh and a lot of people really hate Nader because they think he ruined the election for Gore in 2000. Personally, I do like him,.

I think you're right in the sense that many of Obama's statements are political gimmicks, but what I think he WILL do is inspire a lot of other people to really start working towards a better future. He himself doesn't have to be the perfect president. He just has to do what JFK did, and that is make people believe that change is possible.

As for Obama being war-hungry, I completely disagree. In the United States political environment, showing that you are reluctant to go to war will lose you a lot of support. He has to say stuff like "I will not hesitate to go to war if..." whatever happens because if he does not, I assure you he will be severely reprimanded by many of his opponents and even some of his supporters. I like to think of it as the kid at school who doesn't want to fight anyone but says he will just so he won't get beat up. The last thing Obama or anyone else in this country really wants is another war.
  • Visit poster's website
JohnnyRocketFingers

• Posted: 12/02/2008 20:49
  • Post subject:
To me Ralph Nader did cost Al Gore the 2000 election along with a conservative supreme court. His political views i agree with but they line up with the democratic party and liberals so much more than the republican party so he's screwing himself over by running because he takes away from the person who will best represent him and he isn't going to win. Because of this unprofessional approach to running for president i think that Nader is an idiot.

• Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 12/03/2008 20:20
  • Post subject:
JohnnyRocketFingers wrote:
His political views i agree with but they line up with the democratic party and liberals so much more than the republican party so he's screwing himself over by running because he takes away from the person who will best represent him and he isn't going to win. Because of this unprofessional approach to running for president i think that Nader is an idiot.

If Democratic policies lined up with Nader's view, he would run for them. Democrats are hardly considered a Leftist party among political science scholars. That's why you have people like Nader running for the independent ballot.

Last edited by Elston on 12/03/2008 21:04; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Elston

Canada

• Posted: 12/03/2008 20:29
  • Post subject:
JohnnyRocketFingers wrote:
Quote:
Maybe he's just really bored.

I doubt he's doing this as a joke (although i wish it were).

I'm perfectly fine with being having conservative views but denying gays marriage is just cruel. and i can't believe that some people actually think that others just choose to be gay. Who would choose to be ridiculed, denied rights, and looked down upon by society?

When it comes to politics there are a few things that i cannot stand. The first is, people who have been born into the middle and upper class and have never experienced living in a poor family that is just getting by and say that my money is mine and i shouldn't have to give any away. I am sure all of those people would want some money if they were put in a situation where life is rough.

Second, is people who say someone can't do a job because of race, religion, sex, etc. For example people who say Hilary or Palin are unqualified solely because they are women. Or McCain can't do anything because he's too old. Or Obama can't be our president because he's black.

Third, PEOPLE WHO SAY GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T REAL OR SAY WE SHOULDN'T DO ANYTING ABOUT IT. This is ridiculous and is just a one way ticket to very hot end of the human race. Solving global warming, to me, is the number one most important issue because if it isn't stopped we'll all screwed and the other issues won't matter.

Fourth, Extremists, Fundamentalists, Hypocrites, Radicals, Anarchists, and lastly, people who think they are 100% right and everyone else is wrong
[/quote]

I agree with most of your points Johnny and thought they were well made. I'm very glad that Obama is making climate change a central issue in his administration; this could help the U.S. mend relations with some European countries.

Fundamentalists and Anarchists get a bad rap because some of them are complete assholes. This is not true of all. I've met a fundamentalist Muslim who explained to me that being a fundamentalist is simply about being an expert about Islam. It does not mean converting people to it, just that you live, eat, sleep, & breathe it. As for anarchists, being an anarchist doesn't mean you blow shit up and listen to crappy music. Anarchy is simply the idea of abolishing hierarchies, so that everyone is equal. There is still punishment, enforcement, order, and social commitments, but power belongs to the people, rather than in the hands of a concentrated few.
  • Visit poster's website