Chart comments

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 04/07/2012 00:16
  • Post subject: Chart comments
I was thinking it would be a good idea to be able to delete comments on our chart. I come hear to post about music, not to be judged or harassed.

As a level 8 member I should at least be able to choose who gets to comment on my chart. I want to listen to music. I should not be criticised for that decision. I have a right to not be harassed. This is a music site. I choose what I want to do in this life and that is what I choose to do.

Is there anything that can done? Can we blacklist users from commenting or rating our charts? I don't want negative feedback on my chart. I want it to be a happy place. My music is my music.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 04/07/2012 00:20
  • Post subject: Re: Chart comments
an_outlaw wrote:

As a level 8 member

As a level 8 member, is it possible to also make it so we can delete our previous comments on albums/ bands that we regret? Laughing I've come across a few things I wish I hadn't said.
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 04/07/2012 01:56
  • Post subject:
as far as what Hayden said, I think the die is cast. You and the other users realize people change, and their opinions change, and if that's so then you can post again to note that you mind is changed. Start deleting too many posts and you won't be a level 8 member anymore.

as far as what outlaw said, to a degree this is covered by the negative vote for helpful comments. Perhaps if anything the option to see a comment based on negative response can be different for album/artist pages and chart pages. I took a look at the situation, and it does seem like dwils is out for blood, but all I can say is if you leave your chart open to feedback then you're going to get a douchebag every now and then. Best thing to do is hit 'em with a snappy retort once and then ignore them, or just ignore them.

As a level 7 member, grant me your points level 8s!
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 04/07/2012 07:27
  • Post subject: Re: Chart comments
an_outlaw wrote:
I was thinking it would be a good idea to be able to delete comments on our chart. I come hear to post about music, not to be judged or harassed.

As a level 8 member I should at least be able to choose who gets to comment on my chart. I want to listen to music. I should not be criticised for that decision. I have a right to not be harassed. This is a music site. I choose what I want to do in this life and that is what I choose to do.

Is there anything that can done? Can we blacklist users from commenting or rating our charts? I don't want negative feedback on my chart. I want it to be a happy place. My music is my music.

Disabling member feedback on your chart is a valid and available option. You could also down-vote any comments that you find unhelpful and they'd disappear from view depending on your comments threshold, or you could even 'ignore' the user who you are finding unhelpful. A rating is not included in your average if it's way outside the norm for your chart.

If a chart is set up to allow feedback, you will likely get both favourable and unfavourable comments. I think deleting other people's comments is a dangerous route to go down, particularly if they are just stating a point of view (I get a few of those types of comment myself and I just accept we have different tastes, and a response is often unnecessary.)

You have to also think of the situation in reverse, and if you'd commented on someone else's chart, whether you'd like your own comments being deleted. People might delete comments to have a set of comments that they agree with, but doing this will likely annoy some people too and remove debate from the site.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 04/07/2012 15:40
  • Post subject:
The certain user we seem to be talking about here has hit my charts as well. I do not allow feedback on my charts right now because I didn't come here to get into crap with people who seem to be bent on trashing what I put a lot of thought and work into. And that's not fair.

I think that you don't want to have the ability to simply remove comments that you don't like...however, I also think that people should be expected to be a bit more respectful of charts made by others. We all have our different opinions, but is it really necessary to have either a page open for people to be classless idiots all over what you worked hard to compile, or to not allow anyone to state their opinion on my page?

There should be a line somewhere for the charts other than if you don't like the comment, don't look at it. Hide it under the rug and it will go away isn't a good solution.

That's not why we're here. We have rules to keep the forums civil...maybe we should have the same for our charts. Because the options right now are a) let assholes crap all over our charts, b) vote it down so only people who want to see the bad stuff can see it, or c) not allow comments at all.

There should be a better solution.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 04/07/2012 15:44
  • Post subject:
maybe everyone should make better charts Cool
19loveless91
mag. druž. inf

Slovenia

• Posted: 04/07/2012 16:17
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

Well the user they're talking about seems to be Naples 2.0 when it comes to his chart
  • Visit poster's website
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 04/07/2012 17:42
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

Haha, I worked on that. If Naples 2.0 is gonna strike my chart, he'll see this awesome chart there, so he'll be pretty disappointed. But hey, maybe that will make him more angry? Think

19loveless91 wrote:
Well the user they're talking about seems to be Naples 2.0 when it comes to his chart

Indeed. "Objective list".......*shakes head* I don't get it.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 04/07/2012 17:53
  • Post subject:
Eggman/Walrus/Taxman wrote:
he'll see this awesome chart there

I can't think of a comment that exhibits less taste and wisdom than this one.
Facetious

Pakistan

• Posted: 04/07/2012 18:25
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

I can't think of a comment that exhibits less wisdom than this one.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website