Shameless self-promotion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

• Posted: 05/15/2012 18:36
  • Post subject: Shameless self-promotion
Haven't been on here in a minute, but please take a listen to my tunes. I'm a UK rapper influenced by Blu, Ghostface, Jehst, Jay Electronica, Slick Rick etc.

soundcloud.com/neilweaver

Cheers in advance.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/15/2012 21:34
  • Post subject:
Hey, not bad Very Happy Lyrics were a plus too.

What are you using to record and mix with?

Rain was much better. That was professional level. Very Streets-like, with a Jay-Z type of flow though.

You plan on making an entire album? Smile
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 05/15/2012 22:18
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Hey, not bad Very Happy Lyrics were a plus too.

What are you using to record and mix with?

Rain was much better. That was professional level. Very Streets-like, with a Jay-Z type of flow though.

You plan on making an entire album? Smile

Cheers pal, would like to take credit for the beats but they're courtesy of a couple mate, 'Rain' is a Dock Mini beat and 'Moving Down The Line' is a BangaTang beat in case you wanna check them out.

I recorded at a mate's house, he uses Logic I believe. 'Rain' was more thought out, with overdubs and stuff, the other was just a one-take thing with no real direction, just fucking around after a few beers. And Mike Skinner grew up like a mile down the road from me, so obviously that was a huge influence, I remember the first Streets' album and everyone in my area being like, "shit, as if he made it".

Just gonna keep writing and recording, see if I get anywhere. As and when new stuff is recorded, I'll post it.

Cheers for listening boss.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/15/2012 22:38
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
Cheers pal, would like to take credit for the beats but they're courtesy of a couple mate, 'Rain' is a Dock Mini beat and 'Moving Down The Line' is a BangaTang beat in case you wanna check them out.

I recorded at a mate's house, he uses Logic I believe. 'Rain' was more thought out, with overdubs and stuff, the other was just a one-take thing with no real direction, just fucking around after a few beers. And Mike Skinner grew up like a mile down the road from me, so obviously that was a huge influence, I remember the first Streets' album and everyone in my area being like, "shit, as if he made it".

Just gonna keep writing and recording, see if I get anywhere. As and when new stuff is recorded, I'll post it.

Cheers for listening boss.

Yeah, record 7-8 more tracks, clean up these 2...Maybe in a few months you'll have a mixtape or album of some sort. It's cool that you lived just around the corner from him Smile

As for the beats, if you ever need any I could mix something up. Smile I've been doing some hip-hop beats lately for friends, and they're going well. Be glad to help.
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/16/2012 11:58
  • Post subject:
Nah Moving Down The Line is definitely the stronger track.

"Thrill em like Hendrix, kill em like Genghis" yeah!

Definately keep going, a few more tracks like Hayden says and I'll start recommending this to people, then who knows maybe you'll get something released.

Sounds very Streets like to me, which ain't a bad thing.
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/20/2012 00:49
  • Post subject:
You gonna put anything else up or what? Genuinely like that first track and I'm not just saying that to flatter, it's on my ipod and everything.

• Posted: 06/20/2012 00:52
  • Post subject:
HigherThanTheSun wrote:
You gonna put anything else up or what? Genuinely like that first track and I'm not just saying that to flatter, it's on my ipod and everything.

I'm going studio later this week, but I'm going to try and put out stuff that sounds way more pro. Hopefully. Or else just more drunken fumbling in a similar vein.
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 06/20/2012 00:59
  • Post subject:
I could deal with in a similar vein, but professional sounds good too, looking forward.
Xavygravy

• Posted: 06/20/2012 03:57
  • Post subject:
I thought it was decent. I like the beat and thought the rapping was a bit humorous.

I don't really listen to this kind of music, so I don't think my feedback's really worth anything. Razz
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 06/20/2012 05:09
  • Post subject:
Dude. This is amazing. And doesn't sound unprofessional at all. I don't know what my expectation was but that was killer. Definitley keep on with it. But are you really gonna be known as 'Neil Weaver'? Laughing or are you gonna come up with a rapper name?