Random chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1252, 1253, 1254 ... 1283, 1284, 1285  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2019 05:15
  • Post subject:
Yeah, if you move to Texas you're going to have to drink Lonestar. I can tell you that Kansas cowboys are a more humble and gentle breed than the Texas cowboys. Generally, they are older more religious and less outlaw-like.

Clothing to purchase:

A Carhartt Jacket is a must.

Brands like Pendleton and Filson are for fancy people, just get Wrangler.
(But if you want a $130 flannel shirt, then be my guest).

Not everyone looks good in a cowboy hat. I'm walking proof of that; I look like a fool. However, I can rock the baseball cap. You can only have 3 to 5 at a time that you wear on a rotation. You need to get them broken in as quickly as possible, but I'm not a big fan of rolling up the bill in the back pocket. That's just weird.

Boots are another thing that are just optional. They're too expensive and, for me, I'd rather have a comfortable pair of Keen steeltoe boots than actual cowboy boots.

I particularly like the way they dressed Jeremy Renner in Wind River. Of course, in Texas it's a lot hotter, so the jacket that I mentioned earlier probably isn't necessary.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=acti...PjCx7zvtM:

I'm probably going to smoke American Spirits.

And my favorite Bourbon and Beer combo is probably a Hamm's and George Dickel.

A cowboy needs companionship of some sort, besides his stock; however, it's a small town, so you don't want to be a wildman. You should be courteous to the womenfolk.
  • Visit poster's website
badseed

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2019 07:05
  • Post subject:
Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:
Yeah, if you move to Texas you're going to have to drink Lonestar. I can tell you that Kansas cowboys are a more humble and gentle breed than the Texas cowboys. Generally, they are older more religious and less outlaw-like.

Clothing to purchase:

A Carhartt Jacket is a must.

Brands like Pendleton and Filson are for fancy people, just get Wrangler.
(But if you want a $130 flannel shirt, then be my guest).

Not everyone looks good in a cowboy hat. I'm walking proof of that; I look like a fool. However, I can rock the baseball cap. You can only have 3 to 5 at a time that you wear on a rotation. You need to get them broken in as quickly as possible, but I'm not a big fan of rolling up the bill in the back pocket. That's just weird.

Boots are another thing that are just optional. They're too expensive and, for me, I'd rather have a comfortable pair of Keen steeltoe boots than actual cowboy boots.

I particularly like the way they dressed Jeremy Renner in Wind River. Of course, in Texas it's a lot hotter, so the jacket that I mentioned earlier probably isn't necessary.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=acti...PjCx7zvtM:

I'm probably going to smoke American Spirits.

And my favorite Bourbon and Beer combo is probably a Hamm's and George Dickel.

A cowboy needs companionship of some sort, besides his stock; however, it's a small town, so you don't want to be a wildman. You should be courteous to the womenfolk.

Good shit. I'm probably gonna start off cheap when it comes to the attire, and I hope I don't look bad in a cowboy hat. I'll likely just wear the boots for show, like on weekends and when I go out. I probably will work in work boots. Not really sure, I guess it depends on the work. For all we know I'm gonna work at a coffee shop but I hope that's not the case.

I don't intend to settle in Texas for good. I'd really like to retire in the mountains somewhere.
  • Visit poster's website
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 02/07/2019 13:43
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
I don't intend to settle in Texas for good. I'd really like to retire in the mountains somewhere.

Check out Culberson county, TX. 8k ft elevation; ~$100-300 per acre around Pine Springs. No cattle around there though, just oilers. Montana also has great mountains and cows.

Also, those elephant/hippo/shark boots do serve as work boots. Most of the pair I've seen around were worn by those people's grandpas.
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2019 14:33
  • Post subject:
I've seen those Lucchese shark skin boots before. They're amazing, but also usually $400 to $800, which, is not in the budget for me right now. Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 02/10/2019 20:47
  • Post subject:
Quick life rant:

So my class is the first year my med school is implementing this new self-guided learning cirriculum and there are a lot of politics and student complaining going on rn. Obviously with a new curriculum there will be kinks and rough patches, but I think some of these students are over-exaggerating the problems. A lot of their complaints are basically that it's too much work and not enough time to finish the pre-class/pre-exam materials, but I just feel like it's a normal med school work load and they're just blaming a new curriculum for their problems.

Every physician I've shadowed and upper classmen I've talked to said it's impossible to complete and retain every possible detail out there, you just gotta give it your all and do the best you can and you'll survive. Yes, this is stressful, but at the same time we signed up for this, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park.

Just my thoughts
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 02/11/2019 01:02
  • Post subject:
Damn it David Bowie, why'd you have to make Quicksand so catchy? "Don't believe in yourself" is not a great phrase to have stuck in my head on a regular basis Neutral
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 02/11/2019 01:48
  • Post subject:
Anti wrote:
Quick life rant:

So my class is the first year my med school is implementing this new self-guided learning cirriculum and there are a lot of politics and student complaining going on rn. Obviously with a new curriculum there will be kinks and rough patches, but I think some of these students are over-exaggerating the problems. A lot of their complaints are basically that it's too much work and not enough time to finish the pre-class/pre-exam materials, but I just feel like it's a normal med school work load and they're just blaming a new curriculum for their problems.

Every physician I've shadowed and upper classmen I've talked to said it's impossible to complete and retain every possible detail out there, you just gotta give it your all and do the best you can and you'll survive. Yes, this is stressful, but at the same time we signed up for this, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park.

Just my thoughts

Absolutely correct. It was the exact same way when I was in med school. Everyone tells you NOT to go to med school for a reason! lol.

Hard to complain about being a med student if u really think about it. It's like first world problems times a million. lol.

I think only one person failed out in my entire class. There's not a lot of attrition at all. So really there's very little need for stress. It's mostly self-imposed. Dermatology ain't that great when u really think about it. lol.
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 02/22/2019 01:00
  • Post subject:
At a relatively upscale bar in Chicago that’s playing nothing but Maiden. Life is good!
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 02/23/2019 14:12
  • Post subject:
Tilly wrote:
At a relatively upscale bar in Chicago that’s playing nothing but Maiden. Life is good!

Solid.
Anti
I Dream of Drone

United States

• Posted: 03/23/2019 04:13
  • Post subject:
Tilly wrote:

Had a similar experience a couple weekends ago where one bar played some Number of the Beast and Powerslave Maiden, Kill 'Em All and Master of Puppets Metallica, and Ace of Spades Motorhead for over an hour and it was a refreshing change of pace from the overplayed pop trap, which I normally enjoy, but again *overplayed*.

I don't think I'll ever like Drip Too Hard, tho.