Random chat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1277, 1278, 1279 ... 1283, 1284, 1285  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 04/03/2022 15:35
  • Post subject:
Yo, chicago-area friends, I'm going to be in the Windy City for the month of april, what are the super rad things to check out these days (that don't cost much money, if any at all)
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 04/03/2022 16:17
  • Post subject:
cestuneblague wrote:
Yo, chicago-area friends, I'm going to be in the Windy City for the month of april, what are the super rad things to check out these days (that don't cost much money, if any at all)

Oh cool! Let me know if you want to grab a beer at some point.

The obvious pick is The Empty Bottle. Free shows every Monday with great local bands and a cheap beer special <forget what it is now. Used to b $1 PBRs but think it switched to sth else.>

Fitzgerald's has free matinee live shows on the weekends outside with fire pits, great beer, & good eats.

Lmk what you're looking for and can try & give some more suggestions! Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
JOSweetHeart

• Posted: 04/06/2022 08:43
  • Post subject:
I have a question concerning the Grammy awards show this past Sunday night. Does anyone know where I can find a list of what got submitted for nomination consideration? I want to know because at least three collaborations from Alison Krauss could've been nominated, but they were not. Knowing if they got submitted or not may be the only way that can explain their absence. "Too Much Heaven" with Barry Gibb, "Amazing Grace" with Andrea Bocelli, and "Can't Let Go" with Robert Plant are the songs.

God bless you and Alison and everyone in her musical circle always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison since 1994)

P.S. That duet with Barry Gibb most definitely should've been nominated. It is flawless.

Check him out here when you can!
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 04/14/2022 21:24
  • Post subject:
Repo wrote:

The obvious pick is The Empty Bottle. Free shows every Monday with great local bands and a cheap beer special <forget what it is now. Used to b $1 PBRs but think it switched to sth else.>

Fitzgerald's has free matinee live shows on the weekends outside with fire pits, great beer, & good eats.

Lmk what you're looking for and can try & give some more suggestions! Very Happy

Yeah I actually didn't end up going to Chicago cuz Im injured and also broke, but still only an overnight train ride away so I'm def trying to make it back, Fitzgerald's sounds good, I take it the northeast suburbs are where the new buzz is
  • Visit poster's website
Repo
BeA Sunflower

United States

• Posted: 04/15/2022 01:52
  • Post subject:
cestuneblague wrote:
Repo wrote:

Yeah I actually didn't end up going to Chicago cuz Im injured and also broke, but still only an overnight train ride away so I'm def trying to make it back, Fitzgerald's sounds good, I take it the northeast suburbs are where the new buzz is

Ok! Le me know. Pretty much endless stuff to do. A lot of it cheap especially in the summer if u know where to look.
  • Visit poster's website
an-outlaw

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/24/2022 21:33
  • Post subject:
Building garden is a worthwhile goal Think 2022 has started well
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 04/30/2022 01:57
  • Post subject:
Just back after working Ed Sheeran concerts for the past few nights, I know he gets a lot of hate on sites like this at times, but I don’t mind him really, think his music is fine at times and he knows his audience, put on enjoyable show and all round led to a nice vibe around the city in what was one of the first major concerts post-Covid here, which was needed, felt like life is finally coming back somewhat. Comes across as a good lad and wouldn’t begrudge him any success, I’ve come across much smaller bands that have much bigger egos and come across as dickheads to be honest.

Elton is the next major one I believe, though a smattering of smaller shows to come inbetween such as David Gray and the Chemical Brothers, etc.

Between work, concerts, comedy shows, sports and the odd trip to the cinema, it’s been a hectic few weeks and I’m loving life.

Running on lack of sleep though…

• Visit poster's website
an-outlaw

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/03/2022 21:27
  • Post subject:
It's amazing how much you done Patman Smile There has been less live events than I remember years ago
  • Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 05/04/2022 00:03
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
Just back after working Ed Sheeran concerts for the past few nights, I know he gets a lot of hate on sites like this at times, but I don’t mind him really, think his music is fine at times and he knows his audience, put on enjoyable show and all round led to a nice vibe around the city in what was one of the first major concerts post-Covid here, which was needed, felt like life is finally coming back somewhat. Comes across as a good lad and wouldn’t begrudge him any success, I’ve come across much smaller bands that have much bigger egos and come across as dickheads to be honest.

Elton is the next major one I believe, though a smattering of smaller shows to come inbetween such as David Gray and the Chemical Brothers, etc.

Between work, concerts, comedy shows, sports and the odd trip to the cinema, it’s been a hectic few weeks and I’m loving life.

Running on lack of sleep though…
That's dope! What are you working, if you don't mind me asking?

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 05/04/2022 10:55
  • Post subject:
an-outlaw wrote:
It's amazing how much you done Patman Smile There has been less live events than I remember years ago

I'm amazed myself, seems like some bit of normality is creeping back in though! Most of these events going on are all rescheduled from pre-Covid, the only real downside being that my teams keep losing at any games I go to, other than that all good...

• Visit poster's website