Preferred music store

View previous topic :: View next topic
paladisiac
= music

United States

• Posted: 08/08/2012 20:37
  • Post subject: Preferred music store
I could swear i saw this when i first signed up on BEA, but i was looking for a place to choose my preferred music store (amazon) of the online retailers with ads on the site. I often see itunes "top albums" or "top songs" and was wondering if there's a setting where i could choose displaying amazon ads instead (and suppress the others). I couldn't see anything in my Profile that fit this description.

If this doesn't exist, can this be something we can add to the site? I don't shop at itunes and rarely shop at ebay anymore (only through half.com). When i buy mp3 albums, it's usually amazon and i would like to just see their ads to see what their latest prices for top albums and songs are.

Thank you.
  • Visit poster's website
albummaster
Janitor

Site Admin

• Posted: 08/09/2012 11:32
  • Post subject: Re: Preferred music store
paladisiac wrote:
I could swear i saw this when i first signed up on BEA, but i was looking for a place to choose my preferred music store (amazon) of the online retailers with ads on the site. I often see itunes "top albums" or "top songs" and was wondering if there's a setting where i could choose displaying amazon ads instead (and suppress the others). I couldn't see anything in my Profile that fit this description.

If this doesn't exist, can this be something we can add to the site? I don't shop at itunes and rarely shop at ebay anymore (only through half.com). When i buy mp3 albums, it's usually amazon and i would like to just see their ads to see what their latest prices for top albums and songs are.

Thank you.

Yes, you can set your favourite store from the 'Buy' section of any album, track or band page (& it will be remembered for each subsequent visit).

Regards not seeing banners for the other types of store, I'll look into doing something. I could definitely try and incorporate a top album/song feed from Amazon in place of iTunes for those people that prefer shopping there. I don't think it would be that difficult to do.
  • Visit poster's website