Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 11/14/2020 00:29
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Patman360 wrote:
Pretty sure the Euros are cancelled Anxious

(Yes I'm still annoyed we lost to Slovakia when they were there for the taking)

Scotland qualified! For the first time since 98!

I'll be rooting for them alright considering us and the North both fell to the mighty Slovakia, hopefully they can make some noise, my favourite place in the world outside of Ireland!

Screw Wales though, never wanna see those lads again, wasted enough time there...

• Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 12/16/2020 18:55
  • Post subject:
Slaven got the boot Sad My "WBA could be the new Sheffield Utd." theory was somewhat off. Although that was more wishful thinking than reality. I'm not sure what they expected him to do with that squad though, and firing him after a draw with City of all clubs doesn't make sense. But at least he went on a high. Hope that WBA recover and stay up, but I'm not sure if they have a good enough squad, even if they regain some momentum under Big Sam. Also just gonna drop this here
Slaven Bilić on Big Sam wrote:
The players will respect him. He’s a big man. He’s Big Sam. You see him on the television, he fills the screen. You are looking for the board with the sponsors names behind. Where have they gone? You can’t see them.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 12/17/2020 16:34
  • Post subject:
Odd timing alright given the City result, but I can understand it having seen a fair few games this season.

Had to be Big Sam of course, his 8th Premier League club now I think.

• Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 03/19/2021 00:23
  • Post subject:
Resurrecting this thread just to say that Mislav Oršić is the greatest player of all time. That’s it.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
junodog4
Future Grumpy Old Man

Canada

• Posted: 03/19/2021 16:12
  • Post subject:
LedZep wrote:
Resurrecting this thread just to say that Mislav Oršić is the greatest player of all time. That’s it.

Love that it happened to Spurs.

...on a separate note, years of disappointment has made me cynical, but I'm really enjoying the 2020-21 WHam season...
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 03/19/2021 19:08
  • Post subject:
Happy new League of Ireland season to all!

(Can't believe we got relegated...)

• Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 03/24/2021 15:22
  • Post subject:

Link

Getting pumped up for first World Cup qualifier tonight against Serbia even though:

a) Kinda hope this one doesn't actually ahead or is at least moved given the disgraceful nature of the Qatar bid (who we actually have to play next week).

b) We've arguably got the weakest Irish team ever seen, like it's genuinely pathetic weak in every position, best we can hope for is to batten down the hatches and hope the Serbs implode.

Anyway, still can't beat an Ireland game in my eyes.

And RIP to Jack, don't think I mentioned it here last summer but the man was a giant over here, the greatest Englishman in the eyes of the Irish anyway.

• Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 03/25/2021 11:26
  • Post subject:
Well you lot lost, but at least it was 3:2. We haven’t created a half-chance until 85th minute... and we were behind pretty much the whole game. Kek knows what he’s doing, Slovenia will be good in the coming years. Pitiful performance and a pretty boring 1:0.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 03/25/2021 17:11
  • Post subject:
We’re on the right track in all honesty, haven’t felt this positive about an Ireland loss in a long time, I think it’s about 2 decades since we actually tried to play like we did last night. Granted we just didn’t have the personnel to match Serbia in the end and our inexperience told, poor Travers was caught out in goal but he’s a young lad who’s barely played at this level. Tadic was the best player on the pitch and it made the difference in the end. Should see off Luxembourg next though. Looking up.

I saw that, bit of a shock from an outsiders perspective but you seem to feel otherwise by the looks of it, you’ve definitely got more of a shot of qualifying than us looking at the groups anyway! How’s the team compare to the one from 2018? Doubt I’ve seen Croatia since the World Cup but I assume the likes of Mandzukic have called it quits by now.

• Visit poster's website
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 03/25/2021 18:16
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
We’re on the right track in all honesty, haven’t felt this positive about an Ireland loss in a long time, I think it’s about 2 decades since we actually tried to play like we did last night. Granted we just didn’t have the personnel to match Serbia in the end and our inexperience told, poor Travers was caught out in goal but he’s a young lad who’s barely played at this level. Tadic was the best player on the pitch and it made the difference in the end. Should see off Luxembourg next though. Looking up.

I saw that, bit of a shock from an outsiders perspective but you seem to feel otherwise by the looks of it, you’ve definitely got more of a shot of qualifying than us looking at the groups anyway! How’s the team compare to the one from 2018? Doubt I’ve seen Croatia since the World Cup but I assume the likes of Mandzukic have called it quits by now.

Glad to hear that, I haven't seen much of Ireland in the last year or so. Watched the highlights of Slovakia loss though, that was a tough one.

Yeah we suck right now. Mandzukic, Rakitic, Subasic, Corluka have all retired, Perisic plays like he doesn't really care too much, Kovacic was never good in Croatia shirt (he's our version of "young and talented upcoming world class" 28 year old Lingard, not counting Lingard's the last few months with West Ham). We've got a bunch of solid youngsters, but as a full team we are really bad right now. It's not really surprising we've lost with the way we've been playing in the last year or so. What I'm really afraid is that even if all of the talented young players reach their potential, that's still a mid tier team. Dinamo goalkeeper Livakovic, CSKA number 10 Vlasic, Wolfsburg winger Brekalo and Dinamo right back Gvardiol are the potential new stars, Kramaric, Brozovic and Rebic are in their prime, but I don't think there'll be a standout player like Modric or Rakitic in the near future. Modric still plays well but he's not getting younger, and neither is the best CB pairing of all time Lovren and Vida.

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website