CSN & Neil Young separate works
66%
 66%  [2]
Total Votes : 3

RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 01/04/2013 22:03
  • Post subject: CSNY or CSN and Y separate?
So... Deja Vu is one of my favorite albums... and I can't help to think that I would have liked CSNY to stay together making music, and it would have been stronger than them separately. I have a feeling me saying this will make some Neil Young fans not so happy. Decade was a great album, but sometimes I feel like Neil Young isn't as good by himself than during that time, and CSN definitely was best with Neil Young.

Thoughts?
  • Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 01/04/2013 22:06
  • Post subject:
I enjoyed that one album more than everything they did on their own.
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 01/04/2013 22:26
  • Post subject:
Best album by CSN or CSN&Y is the self-titled CSN.

Case-closed.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
Robert Anton Wilson
Epic Proghead

Canada

• Posted: 01/04/2013 22:57
  • Post subject:
Let's face it, Deja Vu is one of those epic album that happens rarely. So no matter what, the odds of another Deja Vu having been written by these guys together or apart were always nearly nil. This is why albums such as Deja Vu are Best Ever Albums.

Neil Young is such a prolific writer that he would have overshadowed the other guys so it never was an option. By himself he wrote more songs solo than all of them added together in all of the forms (bands) they have ever been involved in.

The ideal would have been to have more frequent CSNY reunions. This would have required Crosby to spend less time in jail and/or rehab which was not exactly a totally purposeful career choice on his part..

Anyway, CSNY, Neil Young with Crazy Horse or Neil Young solo are such different entities producing such different music that having to chose one over the other would imply losing out too much.

However, I do understand that if your favorite Neil Young is the one that worked with CSN then you feel that the output was little.

But don't forget that the full CSNY family of music also includes Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, The Hollies, solo albums, etc ...

At the end, these 4 men have really put out tons of hits. But Neil Young's garage band or experimental side could never have been bottled in and held back by any formation, it has to be let free every once in a while.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 01/04/2013 23:04
  • Post subject:
y solo> deja vu> if i could only remember my name=csn>>>fleet foxes
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 01/04/2013 23:25
  • Post subject:
Robert Anton Wilson wrote:
Let's face it, Deja Vu is one of those epic album that happens rarely. So no matter what, the odds of another Deja Vu having been written by these guys together or apart were always nearly nil. This is why albums such as Deja Vu are Best Ever Albums.

Neil Young is such a prolific writer that he would have overshadowed the other guys so it never was an option. By himself he wrote more songs solo than all of them added together in all of the forms (bands) they have ever been involved in.

The ideal would have been to have more frequent CSNY reunions. This would have required Crosby to spend less time in jail and/or rehab which was not exactly a totally purposeful career choice on his part..

Anyway, CSNY, Neil Young with Crazy Horse or Neil Young solo are such different entities producing such different music that having to chose one over the other would imply losing out too much.

However, I do understand that if your favorite Neil Young is the one that worked with CSN then you feel that the output was little.

But don't forget that the full CSNY family of music also includes Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, The Hollies, solo albums, etc ...

At the end, these 4 men have really put out tons of hits. But Neil Young's garage band or experimental side could never have been bottled in and held back by any formation, it has to be let free every once in a while.

• Visit poster's website