Listening to music

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Happymeal

• Posted: 01/05/2013 15:07
  • Post subject: Listening to music
On a general basis, what do you usually do while listening to music?

personally, I'm usually at school at lunch or at home just laying down in my room.

Recently I've been just laying down in the dark on my bed in my room, plop my headphones in and just listen to music in pitch black darkness. It's a very odd experience.
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 01/05/2013 15:16
  • Post subject:
I do a lot of art and computer animation, I started listening to music to help pass the time and it grew from there. As long as I'm on my computer I'll be listening to music, but it also helps serve as inspiration.

I enjoy listening to music in the backseat of a car the most. Nothing to do but watch the world go by.

• Posted: 01/05/2013 15:20
  • Post subject:
I don't bother. I just read a bunch of blogs to figure out what I'd probably enjoy. Seems to be working so far, and it saves time.
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 01/05/2013 15:51
  • Post subject:
I listen to music whilst I do pretty much everything.My first listen to an album is usually whilst I'm surfing the web or going for a walk and if I enjoy it or can't fully appreciate it I generally just lie down on my bed and play it through headphones from start to finish,I'll probably do this for a couple of albums a day also.I try and listen to albums from start to finish,in the order of the tracklist.
  • Visit poster's website
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 01/05/2013 17:39
  • Post subject:
My favorite way to listen to music is weird as shit and my family always made fun of me for it growing up. I have a certain chair that I bounce back and forth in. Like I sit with my hands at my side and just go forward and back like bouncing my back off of the cushion. I started doing it at around 4 months old in my crib, my mom used to take home videos of it, and when music stopped I stopped doing it. I just like to be moving when listening to music I guess, although I hate dancing Think . It's beyond weird and fucked up, but I still do it to this day. When I moved out my parents gave me the chair. It's extremely dated looking and in rough shape, but the day I have to get rid of it part of my soul will die with it.

Otherwise I listen to music doing everything else...on the computer, exercising, cleaning the house etc. But "bouncing" as I call it is the best way for me because I'm doing nothing but paying attention to the music.
  • Visit poster's website
Xavygravy

• Posted: 01/05/2013 18:27
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
My favorite way to listen to music is weird as shit and my family always made fun of me for it growing up. I have a certain chair that I bounce back and forth in. Like I sit with my hands at my side and just go forward and back like bouncing my back off of the cushion. I started doing it at around 4 months old in my crib, my mom used to take home videos of it, and when music stopped I stopped doing it. I just like to be moving when listening to music I guess, although I hate dancing Think . It's beyond weird and fucked up, but I still do it to this day. When I moved out my parents gave me the chair. It's extremely dated looking and in rough shape, but the day I have to get rid of it part of my soul will die with it.

Otherwise I listen to music doing everything else...on the computer, exercising, cleaning the house etc. But "bouncing" as I call it is the best way for me because I'm doing nothing but paying attention to the music.

I guess that's why you're into ROCK music. Get it? Wink
because you're like, rocking in your chair
  • Visit poster's website
purple

• Posted: 01/05/2013 19:04
  • Post subject:
I usually dim the lights and put a few lit candles around the room to get me in the mood.

Then listening, stroking myself, I chant under my breath, "Joey."
Saoirse

• Posted: 01/05/2013 19:42
  • Post subject:
Someone I know does some freaky things to Pines and Metals (and Slow Motion Addict when it needs to be faster)...
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 01/05/2013 22:39
  • Post subject:
Xavygravy wrote:
I guess that's why you're into ROCK music. Get it? Wink
because you're like, rocking in your chair

Laughing Yeah it's funny though, when I was really young I was only into faster songs because they were more fun to bounce to. Only as I got older did I really get into slower stuff.

When I was in college majoring in Psych I quickly realized that it's an autistic behavior, but it's pretty much the only habit of that sort I have.

purple wrote:
I usually dim the lights and put a few lit candles around the room to get me in the mood.

This sounds intense I think I'll go try it.
  • Visit poster's website
Happymeal

• Posted: 01/05/2013 22:40
  • Post subject:
purple wrote:

Dude, are you doing some freaky black magic or something? You guessed my name right on the dot...