Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 193, 194, 195  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tha1ChiefRocka
Yeah, well hey, I'm really sorry.

United States

• Posted: 03/17/2019 03:51
  • Post subject:

Reverence by Faithless

I'd heard a couple of Faithless songs before; here is my take on this album.

Great dance tracks, good trip hop tracks, other tracks are OK, and the two songs (Don't Leave and Angeline) that have a different vocalist are not good.

Overall, it's a mixed bag.

Shoop, by looking at your overall chart, I am unsure of what to recommend, so here's a random one.

Kilimanjaro by The Teardrop Explodes
  • Visit poster's website
guzguzgarbit
Book Of Noraia

France

• Posted: 04/01/2019 19:21
  • Post subject:
I was waiting for another player to show up, but this is obviously not going to happen now. It's a shame because it's a great game and hopefully, putting it up front will make people remember its existence.

Face To Face by ReSync

So, this was the album I was given. I must admit I wasn't expecting it to be any good, but it was. It starts off well with "Tied Down" and "Mirrors". Some less interesting songs in the middle but then it's all forgotten for the double track "Cataracts" and "Face To Face". It left me a good impression, nothing game-changing, but anyway... Due to the fact that the album is pretty much unknown and was release not much before I believe you have a connection with the band or something shoopadoowop, don't you?

For Tha1ChiefRocka :

Baby Batter by Harvey Mandel
This is something quite different from what I've already given you, so you may not get bored from my continuous recommendations (I hope).
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 04/04/2019 03:12
  • Post subject:

Baby Batter by Harvey Mandel

Huh, the first track was really good, mixing some jazz and blue elements nicely, but then the rest of the album was mostly typical 60s/70s blues rock riffage. I was familiar with the name, but I had never listened to any of his albums. This was pretty good though.

I don't know why I always want people to listen to this album, but give this a try.

Amateur Girlfriends Go Proskirt Agents ...ng Plastix
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/04/2019 23:07
  • Post subject:
Man it's been a long while since I payed this game. Hell after the canon edition, I thought this was done. But anyway, if I remember correctly Purplepash gave me this.

And it became one of my favorites for 2018. Man Austrailia and there psych rock scene is nuts where they add electronics into the mix. Like there was a lo-fi dreamy quality that made the album quite intoxicating. Not only do I want to view the rest of the discography of GUM but it might even challenge one of the records I gave a 100. Grade wise, 95.

Now my album of choice.
Ulrich Schnauss 2001 debut Far Away Trains Passing By
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 06/16/2019 20:45
  • Post subject:

Far Away Trains Passing By by Ulrich Schnauss

It's been awhile since I've listened to this. I tend to lean towards the darker side of things nowadays, but this was really pleasant. I forgot how upbeat and positive sounding his music is. It's also a great album for summertime chilling. If I had one complaint, then it would be that the songs go on for a little too long. There's only one track on here that is less than 6:20, so some of them drag on.

I just added this one to my overall chart, and I'm in love with it.

Down On The Road By The Beach by Steve Hiett
  • Visit poster's website
Luigii

United States

• Posted: 06/18/2019 19:05
  • Post subject:
If this was for me. I can completely understand.

If anyone wants a summer album that you can relax and chill, give this record a listen. What makes this album quite fascinating is that this doesn't feel like it came in the 80's. If this came out in this decade, I'd believe you. But in the 80's? Not quite. But otherwise,yeah this became another favorite for the 80's. Grade wise it is a 95.

Now my next album is going to be this.

Vocalcity by Luomo. Dope house album from 2000. One of my absolute favorites when I was going through the top 100 from that year.
  • Visit poster's website
guzguzgarbit
Book Of Noraia

France

• Posted: 06/19/2019 16:30
  • Post subject:
From tha1chiefrocka:

Amateur Girlfriends Go Proskirt Agents ...ng Plastix

This was great. It sounds like jazz most of the time but the tracks are produced and cut more like breakbeat electronic. It gives it a very particular sound and that's great. I'd say my favorite track would be "Treat Me Mean, I Need The Reputation", but there is no significant drop in quality and it might need one or two more listens. 2001 was certainly a great year for Acid/Future Jazz.

Luigii, I don't know much from your charts but you might enjoy this:

Redline by Lazerhawk
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Tha1ChiefRocka

United States

• Posted: 01/13/2020 02:01
  • Post subject:
I'm bringing this back since the tournament has wound down by this point. Would be great to get to some more recs from people!

Vocalcity by Luomo

I was already familiar with this album prior to you reccing it Luigi, but after a relisten it has improved considerably from my first. I don't know why I wasn't feeling it the first time, but I think it might have to do with the way I listened to it. See, I have a computer that has great built in speakers. JBL even. It's a gaming laptop so the sound is better than what might be typical. I can get by with doing this with most things, but sometimes I need to use my actual badass speaker setup. This is absolutely one of those times. Listening to this album at full blast with the lights turned low was essetially bringning the club to my house. And, since my current overall chart I'm working on involves this kind of music, I'm putting it right on there. Great choice!

Guzguz, I've nicked quite a few great albums from your house and techno charts. Try this one. The intro track is way too long and doesn't go anywhere, but I think the second album of this double LP is absolutely spectacular.

Romanworld by Romanthony
  • Visit poster's website
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/12/2020 22:41
  • Post subject:
baystateofheart wrote:

Rythmes Contemporains by Janko Nilovic

This was absolutely superb.

My first exposure to Janko Nilovic, though this kind of music is definitely in my wheelhouse. Lots of trappings of jazz, fusion, and psychedelia to the point I feel like these were recorded in the 1970s for a television series or film. Listening to “Black on White Ground” and “Underground Session” takes me back to the spy pulp features of the era and I really feel entrapped. Very solid release all around.

Quote:
Tha1ChiefRocka

Land Of No Junction by Aoife Nessa Frances
  • Visit poster's website
baystateoftheart
Neil Young as a butternut squash

United States

• Posted: 03/14/2020 16:37
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
baystateofheart wrote:

Rythmes Contemporains by Janko Nilovic

This was absolutely superb.

My first exposure to Janko Nilovic, though this kind of music is definitely in my wheelhouse. Lots of trappings of jazz, fusion, and psychedelia to the point I feel like these were recorded in the 1970s for a television series or film. Listening to “Black on White Ground” and “Underground Session” takes me back to the spy pulp features of the era and I really feel entrapped. Very solid release all around.

Very Happy Glad you enjoyed it! It's library music, so it literally was recorded in the 1970s for television and film.