Info On Music You Make

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
PossiblyMichigan

• Posted: 02/05/2021 16:53
  • Post subject:
Here's me! Quidnunc by Dependable Son

Available for streaming in most places I think? Here's the bandcamp page though.

https://dependableson.bandcamp.com/album/quidnunc
  • Visit poster's website
PossiblyMichigan

• Posted: 02/05/2021 16:54
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Geranium by Hayden Who

Aaaand, it's out Very Happy

Available for stream/free download Smile

Don't want to bury Hayden's record by mine so here's his release! I'm excited for it!!
  • Visit poster's website
EyeKanFly
Head Bear Master/Galactic Emperor

United States

• Posted: 02/05/2021 20:13
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Geranium by Hayden Who

Aaaand, it's out Very Happy

Available for stream/free download Smile

Quote:
Recommend listened to in the dark,
with your eyes closed,
or perpetually hyperventilating.

You weren't joking, this was a trip (in a good way).

Nice work! PossiblyMichigan, yours is in the queue
LedZep

Croatia (Hrvatska)

• Posted: 02/05/2021 20:46
  • Post subject:
Yup agree, Hayden's one was excellent. It's going on the charts after a more focused listen tomorrow. I've heard a snippet of Quidnunc's opener, pretty cool!

2020s
90s
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/05/2021 21:10
  • Post subject:
PossiblyMichigan wrote:
Here's me! Quidnunc by Dependable Son

Available for streaming in most places I think? Here's the bandcamp page though.

https://dependableson.bandcamp.com/album/quidnunc

AAAYY. That's solid. Enjoyed it all the way through, but Lord Have Mercy and Butcher's Twine are great standouts (particularly the former). Also really dug Taylor (I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I wish that track were longer— there's strong enough harmonies to carry it for a while, kinda felt like it was just getting started). Has this kinda Bill Callahan meets Pavement meets Mountain Goats vibe (and another band I can't quite remember/pinpoint right now). Got the production down, recording's solid, mixing's strong, and it flows along pretty well.

It'll be on my 2020 chart once it's on the site Smile Think you've whipped up a good project here.
  • Visit poster's website
PossiblyMichigan

• Posted: 02/06/2021 17:25
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

AAAYY. That's solid. Enjoyed it all the way through, but Lord Have Mercy and Butcher's Twine are great standouts (particularly the former). Also really dug Taylor (I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I wish that track were longer— there's strong enough harmonies to carry it for a while, kinda felt like it was just getting started). Has this kinda Bill Callahan meets Pavement meets Mountain Goats vibe (and another band I can't quite remember/pinpoint right now). Got the production down, recording's solid, mixing's strong, and it flows along pretty well.

It'll be on my 2020 chart once it's on the site Smile Think you've whipped up a good project here.

Ay thank you so much. You know it's funny, while I haven't sat down to listen to pavement or mountain goats in quite some time, both Lord Have Mercy and Butcher's Twine started out as very different songs after a week of listening to nothing other than Julius Cesar by Smog. They've sure changed a lot but I definitely think there's like a piano driven strawberry rash kinda vibe to the latters introduction and a guy who can't play guitar but really likes 37 push ups to the former, at least before the middle eight (sixteen?). I'm glad you like Taylor, I was so close to leaving it out. Felt a little bit like a failed experiment at the time. Was very into like NYC's DIY vibe of like carefully controlled yet absolutely unhinged harmonies like in Tredici Bacci or Sloppy Jane and wanted to capture that over this obnoxiously saccharine indie folk song but it was like a session over zoom and it wasn't exactly the most focused thing in the world.

Anyway I just finished Geranium and it's great. I really love the textures you're working with. It's a very specific type of glitchyness comparable in my mind to the quiet weathered isolation of like a Murcof type record? Bu then there's these more hauntological sound collagey fragments that give me a Material Girl kind of vibe because they simultaneously have this ducked beat that keeps the thing altogether and this sense of urgency. The Xeon through Streetdog final segment is amazingly sequenced as I feel like I'm having all sense of mooring being forcibly taken away. A great comeback mate
  • Visit poster's website
DommeDamian
Imperfect, sensitive Aspie with a melody addiction

Denmark

• Posted: 02/06/2021 21:30
  • Post subject:
Gonna listen to Cheryl in a minute.
So far everybody music I've been listening to here is solid - although some are not my personal preference! Good job guys.

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
Spotify: ----------------------------------------------------↓
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
DommeDamian
Imperfect, sensitive Aspie with a melody addiction

Denmark

• Posted: 02/06/2021 21:34
  • Post subject:
As for my music, well... it's mostly subgenres of rap and contemporary R&B, but I'm trynna experiment a little further (e.g. indie folk, Suicide-esque synth punk). My SoundCloud is as stated soundcloud.com/18114 or search RAAD Factory.

The Side A of our upcoming release Haze is set to March 10th, and the full album September 11th. Three of the songs included are guILLty, Handle The Impressure and Red Suit Ghost Deini Freestyle (hoping we can make our own fitting beat to that in time).

I
I
V

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
Spotify: ----------------------------------------------------↓
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Applerill
Autistic Princess <3

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2021 02:27
  • Post subject:
Oh my goodness, Hayden just released his best album, AND the second-best album of the year so far :O
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 02/16/2021 19:19
  • Post subject:
Missed these somehow.

PossiblyMichigan wrote:
They've sure changed a lot but I definitely think there's like a piano driven strawberry rash kinda vibe to the latters introduction and a guy who can't play guitar but really likes 37 push ups to the former, at least before the middle eight (sixteen?). Was very into like NYC's DIY vibe of like carefully controlled yet absolutely unhinged harmonies like in Tredici Bacci or Sloppy Jane and wanted to capture that over this obnoxiously saccharine indie folk song but it was like a session over zoom and it wasn't exactly the most focused thing in the world.

What a pair of sentences.
(Regardless the process, glad you kept Taylor. Once again, still think it's one of the best tracks there.)

Glad you enjoyed Geranium I must admit, I wish the album was more seamless, but I just couldn't figure out the tracklisting order until literally the morning it was released. I'm happy you thought the 'finale' worked. I kept flipflopping the order of about 6 tracks. (I'll admit Xeon was renamed after SOPHIE passed, but it was directly inspired, likewise with Doom for DOOM).

(the main texture throughout the project was made with a rubber band, but there's also some boiling water in the mix Laughing)

Quote:
Oh my goodness, Hayden just released his best album, AND the second-best album of the year so far :O

And appreciate it Charli Mr. Green Glad you liked it. Here's to hoping that status lasts until at least March.
  • Visit poster's website