Info On Music You Make

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
joshtraina

• Posted: 03/18/2013 03:28
  • Post subject: Info On Music You Make
Do any of you guys make music? I play drums in a band with my friend Ben and we have ten songs ready to record for our album. I really like the stuff we've made, he's a good songwriter. Does anyone know the best way to get onto a label? Or how does it all work? We were going to send demos out during the summer to like 90 labels but I know a lot dont accept them or look at them. I may post some of our stuff on here if you guys want in the future.
toot1231

• Posted: 03/18/2013 04:21
  • Post subject:
I play in a band called Elected but we say fk the labels.
We play what we want when we want.
  • Visit poster's website
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 03/18/2013 04:29
  • Post subject:
I play with my mates in my home studio, but we haven't gotten around to recording anything but covers. I want to get the hang of mixing/mastering before doing anything of our own.
  • Visit poster's website
JMan

• Posted: 03/18/2013 04:34
  • Post subject:
I've said it before, I write songs. I don't have any instruments, but I can memorize tunes for each songs.
joshtraina

• Posted: 03/18/2013 04:34
  • Post subject:
Defago wrote:
I play with my mates in my home studio, but we haven't gotten around to recording anything but covers. I want to get the hang of mixing/mastering before doing anything of our own.

We use Ableton for all that, you should try it, or Logic Pro
Silver

• Posted: 03/18/2013 04:38
  • Post subject:
I'm around the same place as you as far as having stuff to record and trying to get out there. Anyways, my stuff is in my sig, we've also got a facebook and all that jazz. Check it out if you want to. It's all still pretty lo-fi, and we still don't have much in the way of production, but at least it's something.
joshtraina

• Posted: 03/18/2013 04:46
  • Post subject:
SilverWalrus wrote:
I'm around the same place as you as far as having stuff to record and trying to get out there. Anyways, my stuff is in my sig, we've also got a facebook and all that jazz. Check it out if you want to. It's all still pretty lo-fi, and we still don't have much in the way of production, but at least it's something.

I've listened to your stuff Mr. Green It's really good you guys definitely can go somewhere with correct marketing, if you build on song writing, and if you play your cards right, you guys seem talented
Silver

• Posted: 03/18/2013 04:48
  • Post subject:
joshtraina wrote:
I've listened to your stuff Mr. Green It's really good you guys definitely can go somewhere with correct marketing, if you build on song writing, and if you play your cards right, you guys seem talented

Thanks =D. Yeah, we only started as a full band a couple of months ago, but it's gone really well so far. Me and the other singer/guitarist (CaptainFicus on this site) were writing together for a while before though. All of the stuff up there is the first couple songs we wrote, and we still love them, but we've also progressed a lot as songwriters since. We're really excited to keep going and play more shows and what not.
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 03/18/2013 04:54
  • Post subject:
joshtraina wrote:
We use Ableton for all that, you should try it, or Logic Pro

I use Cubase 5, along with Native Instruments Komplete 6 and a ton of misc plugins... It'd be a pain in the ass to learn the ropes and set everything up again with another client, but thanks for the rec.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 03/18/2013 05:00
  • Post subject:
Defago wrote:
I use Cubase 5, along with Native Instruments Komplete 6 and a ton of misc plugins... It'd be a pain in the ass to learn the ropes and set everything up again with another client, but thanks for the rec.

Dude if you've nailed cubase then logic should be a piece of cake. I find it way easier than cubase