Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/03/2021 06:14
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Giving it a stream right now. Liking the cover too. Looks like a 7" you'd spot at some independent record shop. Hoping it blooms into an album at somepoint or another. (Are the overtones a steel guitar?).

thanks, hayden. yeah, i titled it "pt. i" to try and motivate myself to get more songs recorded. i'm approaching these from a pretty lo-fi, demo-tape, bedroom pop sort of angle, mostly because i don't have as much time to devote to this stuff as i used to, but also because the aesthetic really appeals to me. but to that point, i hope i'll be able to wrap a few more tunes up throughout the year. we'll see how that goes.

not sure what you're hearing as a steel guitar. i’m guessing that’s the strat with slide on the first song?
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/04/2021 16:44
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:

not sure what you're hearing as a steel guitar. i’m guessing that’s the strat with slide on the first song?

That'd be it.

Came across as a kinda lo-fi steel. Either way, thought it was a good touch.

And yeah... I'm also going to try to pick up steam this year. Make sure I work on a project at least a little every day. 2020 was a near creative dud for me.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/04/2021 16:59
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
And yeah... I'm also going to try to pick up steam this year. Make sure I work on a project at least a little every day. 2020 was a near creative dud for me.

likewise. it's funny how working from home, i produced a lot less this last year. anyway, i'm excited to hear what you come up with this year.
  • Visit poster's website
DommeDamian
Imperfect, sensitive Aspie with a melody addiction

Denmark

• Posted: 05/04/2021 20:52
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

I have a 6-part composition coming out next week (May 7th) called The Birdnest. A slight experimental departure from my normal work. More minimalism/ambient/neoclassical. The sole instrument is a glass bottle. I started it a few months back, but only truly decided on finishing it after seeing the success of Promises (Floating Points, Sanders, LSO).

Need to finalize the mixing, but otherwise it's done. Should have the Bandcamp page up sometime soon. It'll be free stream, free download, blah blah blah, etc., posted in its individual six parts as well as a complete seamless track.

This is cool! Didn't know you had such a big catalogue. Definitely gonna listen to some, alongside your new joint! The cover looks promising Smile

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
Spotify: ----------------------------------------------------↓
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/04/2021 20:53
  • Post subject:
DommeDamian wrote:
This is cool! Didn't know you had such a big catalogue. Definitely gonna listen to some, alongside your new joint! The cover looks promising Smile

make sure you give hayden's idiot a listen. it will change your life.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/04/2021 22:05
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:

Well, that's a high-bar, but thanks Laughing. Still probably the best thing I've ever made. Think I'd maybe trim down two of the tracks, but otherwise.

Quote:
This is cool! Didn't know you had such a big catalogue. Definitely gonna listen to some, alongside your new joint! The cover looks promising

And thanks Damian. Yeah, been releasing works for nearly 10 years now, which is insane to think. Plenty of experiments/duds/side projects, etc..., but I think I'm getting better Razz I've been pretty happy with my post-2017 output. During the pandemic I've also taken up guitar (focusing on blues and americana) a bit more seriously than before, but that doesn't usually land in my music.

Glad you like the cover. Not going to lie, I spent a whole bunch of time working on a different cover for the album, only to realize 'nah, this looks better' Rolling Eyes. I'll include the other one as additional album artwork somewhere in the download. It's my first non-b&w album cover in a long time.

Hoping people like it. It might need a bit of patience, but I think it's an interestingly rewarding listen. Like I said, one instrument (which isn't really an instrument), and a whole bunch of mixing magic.
  • Visit poster's website
DommeDamian

Denmark

• Posted: 05/05/2021 08:58
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:

don't put that high expectations onto me, it'll mostly go wrong Embarassed
and change my life... in what way?

either way, i'm gonna listen to it a$ap

My music:
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/07/2021 14:31
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

I have a 6-part composition coming out next week (May 7th) called The Birdnest. A slight experimental departure from my normal work. More minimalism/ambient/neoclassical. The sole instrument is a glass bottle. I started it a few months back, but only truly decided on finishing it after seeing the success of Promises (Floating Points, Sanders, LSO).

Need to finalize the mixing, but otherwise it's done. Should have the Bandcamp here. It'll be free stream, free download, blah blah blah, etc., posted in its individual six parts as well as a complete seamless track.

It's out, as planned Smile

All six parts, or a seamless one-piece track of the work. Needs a bit of patience, and if you are to listen to it I recommend maybe waiting to give it a shot at night on headphones, but nonetheless I hope people like it. Wanted to try my hand at a minimalist piece for a while. Normally my work will have five or six sources sounds stretched and EQed ontop of each other just to merge for a single sound, but the layers here are different. One key, one instrument, one source, but the layering is more orchestral than I think I've ever done before.

Hoping it works Mr. Green

Free stream, download, etc.

(Also, Damian, the alt artwork I mentioned is stapled here)
  • Visit poster's website
DommeDamian

Denmark

• Posted: 05/07/2021 21:41
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Hayden wrote:

Need to finalize the mixing, but otherwise it's done. Should have the Bandcamp here. It'll be free stream, free download, blah blah blah, etc., posted in its individual six parts as well as a complete seamless track.

It's out, as planned Smile

All six parts, or a seamless one-piece track of the work. Needs a bit of patience, and if you are to listen to it I recommend maybe waiting to give it a shot at night on headphones, but nonetheless I hope people like it. Wanted to try my hand at a minimalist piece for a while. Normally my work will have five or six sources sounds stretched and EQed ontop of each other just to merge for a single sound, but the layers here are different. One key, one instrument, one source, but the layering is more orchestral than I think I've ever done before.

Hoping it works Mr. Green

Free stream, download, etc.

(Also, Damian, the alt artwork I mentioned is stapled here)

GREAT!

I'mma PM you about my opinions of it all once I've listened. Regardless, congrats on a new record.

My music:
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 05/11/2021 05:53
  • Post subject:
follow-up to the previous single/ep thing is up on bandcamp (free download)
  • Visit poster's website