View previous topic :: View next topic
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 01/09/2017 03:14
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Gestalt by Hayden Who

Released my new album, Gestalt Very Happy Hoping you guys like it. Available for free download, streaming, etc....

www.haydenwho.bandcamp.com

Different spin on things for me here. Like I said before, I aimed to release something that sounded like a mix of Jlin and Haxan Cloak. Used a few different techniques, and I'm just hoping that they worked Anxious

Enjoy Smile

(on a personal note, I think it sounds best in headphones)

dude this is really good. esp. love bathsalt.
there are a number of tracks that are top top though. high digs.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/09/2017 03:55
  • Post subject:
craola wrote:

Thanks Craola. Appreciate the praise. Going to have to correct you on that song title though, it's basalt*. Albeit I came very close to titling one of the other tracks bathsalt at one point.
  • Visit poster's website
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 01/09/2017 03:56
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
craola wrote:

Laughing

Thanks Craola. Appreciate the praise. Going to have to correct you on that song title though, it's basalt*. Albeit I came very close to titling one of the other tracks bathsalt at one point.

**** ! Basalt. Yes. That track. So good.
davidhuret

France

• Posted: 01/09/2017 10:25
  • Post subject:
https://soundcloud.com/user-337195955

A bunch of home demos, most of them very recent. I happen to write a lot.
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 01/09/2017 19:38
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:

Gestalt by Hayden Who

Released my new album, Gestalt Very Happy Hoping you guys like it. Available for free download, streaming, etc....

www.haydenwho.bandcamp.com

Different spin on things for me here. Like I said before, I aimed to release something that sounded like a mix of Jlin and Haxan Cloak. Used a few different techniques, and I'm just hoping that they worked Anxious

Enjoy Smile

(on a personal note, I think it sounds best in headphones)

Really enjoyed this! Love the pacing and the variety, never slowed down or dulled. I'm going to need to use headphones for my next listen because there's obviously some serious layers here. Particuarly enjoyed Jubilance and Obliteration, something about them caught my attention - maybe the use of voices? But yeah, stellar stuff as always, will be giving it another spin soon.

Borejko wrote:
First review of Midnight Show in: "This is the first time I've ever been bored listening to a vaporwave album. 5/10."

Yay! Maybe I shouldn't list it as vaporwave. Actually, maybe it isn't.

Just listened to it now, hell of harsh review, I got a real kick out of it. Nice atmosphere, and good mix between ambient instrumental stuff and that classic vaporwave sample sound. Sits proudly among my other vaporwave albums, for sure. Citadel was the standout for me, loved when it kicked back in at a faster pace, and the sax works really well. Keep up the vaporwave stuff man, it's all been good so far.
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/09/2017 21:46
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:

Really enjoyed this! Love the pacing and the variety, never slowed down or dulled. I'm going to need to use headphones for my next listen because there's obviously some serious layers here. Particuarly enjoyed Jubilance and Obliteration, something about them caught my attention - maybe the use of voices? But yeah, stellar stuff as always, will be giving it another spin soon.

Cool Smile Glad you liked it. It's definitely a better listen in headphones... (opposed to laptop/phone speakers or whatnot). I even felt like it sounded better in headphones than on larger speakers.

It's cool that you liked Jubilance, it was actually the last track that I made for the album. Slightly more of a hip-hop vibe than the rest of the record. Coincidentally, there was another track on the album that I scrapped because I thought it relied to heavily on vocals Laughing Might release that as a bonus at some point or something.
  • Visit poster's website
videoheadcleaner
formerly Harkan

Australia

• Posted: 01/09/2017 23:47
  • Post subject:
Thanks Hayden and Puncture Repair. Got some positive feedback for Midnight Show and money so that counts for something!

I listen to Gestalt last night and I must say Hayden, it was a great listen. I found it flowed really well and balanced the more intense tracks (Mercuriality) with the calmer ones (Phantasmagoria). I did prefer the first half to the second. Not sure why. Maybe a relisten will clear that up.

For those who are over my latest release, here is another VHC release! A companion piece to Midnight Show.

https://videoheadcleaner.bandcamp.com/a...ry-edition
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 01/10/2017 19:22
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
Puncture Repair wrote:

Cool Smile Glad you liked it. It's definitely a better listen in headphones... (opposed to laptop/phone speakers or whatnot).

Fret not, it got played on my sound system, not just my laptop speakers. Sounded great, but I trust your judgement on the headphones!

Borejko wrote:
Got some positive feedback for Midnight Show and money so that counts for something!

For those who are over my latest release, here is another VHC release! A companion piece to Midnight Show.

https://videoheadcleaner.bandcamp.com/a...ry-edition

Glad to hear it's gaining some traction. Will download the companion album now!

In Cassini Meet Saturn news, I've got the album cover photographed and designed today, and I'm excited for the direction its taking. Should be released early next week.

Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 01/11/2017 17:23
  • Post subject:
Borejko wrote:

I listen to Gestalt last night and I must say Hayden, it was a great listen. I found it flowed really well and balanced the more intense tracks (Mercuriality) with the calmer ones (Phantasmagoria). I did prefer the first half to the second. Not sure why. Maybe a relisten will clear that up.

Great to hear Brad Smile Mercuriality is definitely a bit of a... I dunno... punch? I just wanted to have some fun with a super fast tempo track. Also, the first half is definitely different from the ending (well, at least the last 4 tracks or so), so that's understandable. Bit of a different vibe on those.

(Also, as of now, we share BEA's top rated albums of 2017 Mr. Green )

Quote:

In Cassini Meet Saturn news, I've got the album cover photographed and designed today, and I'm excited for the direction its taking. Should be released early next week.

And cool, looking forward to it Smile Also, pretty great cover. Definitely looks like something you'd pick up in a record store.
  • Visit poster's website
flamingyesdept
Ben Lester

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/12/2017 22:55
  • Post subject:
Released my debut album, And I Saw You, four days ago and have added to the website in the hopes that I attract a few listeners! Go easy on me hehe Wink
  • Visit poster's website